Ethereum Deposits

@rohanibuang61 @DavidSeaman

I have tried to deposit ether twice and each time i have 20+ blockchain confirmations and the counter counts down from 9 mins to zero and nothing, each time the coins are returned to me i lose a small proportion in gas (transaction) fees?

Should i just give up on bitgold? Even though the option exists to deposit ether (crypto) and the function appears to work bitgold don't seem to be able to see the blockchain confirmations?

I've emailed bitgold support a few times over the last couple of days and i've heard absolutely nothing,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

@jamiec79

Best Answer

Answers

• zulu1520zulu1520 Posts: 294 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @Melanie Can you help @jamiec79 with his Ethereum problem. One solution maybe shapeshift the ether to bitcoin and try it that way.
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Not tried ether, as yet. @jamiec79 Not enough ether :) Bitcoin through a Coinbase wallet works well, though.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045
    We have been in touch with our cryptocurrency processor to see where the issue might have been - one of our support agents will be reaching out for some additional information in a few minutes.
  • jamiec79jamiec79 Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    Support have asked for the transaction data so I've sent that over. Their crypto processor has no record, which is wierd as it did confirm via the blockchain. They sent the coins back to my return address, so they must have received them to send them back?

In relation to shapeshift and deposit BTC, how does that work as Bitgold doesn't ask for a return address like Ethereum? If the transaction doesn't confirm again will I be at risk of losing my BTC? At least they send the ETH back minus transaction fee...

Thank you for responding it's greatly appreciated :-)
    @melanie @DavidSeaman @nigelmarkdias

Support have asked for the transaction data so I've sent that over. Their crypto processor has no record, which is wierd as it did confirm via the blockchain. They sent the coins back to my return address, so they must have received them to send them back?

In relation to shapeshift and deposit BTC, how does that work as Bitgold doesn't ask for a return address like Ethereum? If the transaction doesn't confirm again will I be at risk of losing my BTC? At least they send the ETH back minus transaction fee...

Thank you for responding it's greatly appreciated :-)
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045
    It is a bit difficult to explain but occasionally crypto purchases can get stuck in a state of "limbo" where the funds leave the user's wallet but do not arrive with us. We are then able to "push" the funds back to the sender's wallet, but not "pull" them in to complete the purchase. It seems this is because we use a crypto processor rather than having a typical wallet, but the issue is infrequently encountered.
    Hi @Melanie

Thank you for responding, it's wierd as I've tried three times and it's failed everytime.

Can you confirm that if I deposit BTC where do you put the return address (like you do for Ethereum). My concern is that if the BTC fails to confirm like the Ethereum how do Bitgold return my funds?

Thanks again
  • clymerclymer Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I made an ethereum deposit three days ago - one coin (was 184 when I made the deposit, now the value of eth is 234). The transaction remains in a "pending" state, routing through Dubai. Has anyone else had difficulty getting these deposits to go through?? I have e-mailed support 24 hours ago, no reply as of yet
  • jonnybitcoinjonnybitcoin Posts: 18 Tin ✭
    yes same issue, been pending for 3 weeks now! btc deposit, dubai vault. don't expect a useful reply from their "Customer Success Representative'