Affiliate & Golden Heart

nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Wishlist for Goldmoney
Have one point of contact for both programs?
Merge the programs?
@Melanie

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nigelmarkdias @Melanie @ArtMatters

Eliminate the programs

Cancel GoldenHeart and referral bonus immediately
    Stop accepting new Affilliates immediately
    Set a date (December 31, 2016?) to completely stop the Affilliate program

Your most passionate supporters do not need to be paid to promote BitGold Goldmoney

If people in the Affiliate program are using the promise of making money by signing up other people who promise others they can make money by signing up other people who can make money this is the very definition of MLM. New users expecting to get rich are frustrated when payments are not made (for whatever reason). The Affiliate program may have been a necessary evil to grow the user base in the beginning, but with one million users and growing I would hope that it's need has passed.

MLM leaves a bad taste in my mouth and to a person everyone I know shys away from MLM programs.
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

"Your most passionate supporters do not need to be paid to promote BitGold Goldmoney "

Your level of passion is truly aspirational.
    The North American market is about 400 million people.
    India's middle class is at least 600 million. China's over a billion. They did not scrap hockey because of the Russian under-18s.
    Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bathwater? @79Au197
    PayPal had one
    Coinbase does
    The affiliate program is not an MLM @79Au197

edited June 2016
    @nigelmarkdias

Depends on how strictly you define MLM. Would you be promoting BitGold Goldmoney if not getting paid? Do you promise others that they can make money by promoting BitGold Goldmoney as you do? If so it is a pyramid scheme (one type of MLM). It is one thing to be paid to promote a product. It is another to promise others that they can do the same and make money, and so on and so on. Pyramid scheme.

I detest pyramid schemes and I detest MLM. Sorry but there it is. If Goldmoney has value, it doesn't need a pyramid scheme to stand on its own. Sadly many things are now becoming clear to me with respect to the Affiliate program. I guess that will need to go through and study the TOS of the Affiliate program in more detail before commenting further.

@Melanie please feel free to delete all of my responses and posts regarding the Affiliate program if you feel that my comments are inappropriate. I will also stop commenting on posts related to the Affiliate program if requested.
  • GoldMattersGoldMatters Posts: 3,457 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    @nigelmarkdias @79Au197 I agree with both of you. My heart is on the side of @79Au197 but realistic it doesn't make sense to end the programs.

I used the Golden Heart referral program in the past, but now my perspective has changed, and I don't usually use the link unless someone specifically asks ( there are exceptions!). I agree with you @79Au197 that The Passionate and TGMA doesn't need Golden Heart to promote the company. The reality is though, is that the majority of people have not invested the time and effort, and may not have the advanced level of understanding of the company that users like yourself and @nigelmarkdias has. They may not be able to explain the platform as well to people unfamiliar with the story. So they use the link. Nothing wrong with that, although I know it feels like it maybe to us to use it.

If we want Goldmoney to grow, to democratize gold and help as many people as possible, the program is a very important tool. I think I'm okay with the trade off. Once Goldmoney has 1 BILLION users (you know what's cool?) I think the Golden Heart will be less prevalent. When is the last time someone had to refer Facebook?

I believe we need to set aside our personal feeling about Golden Heart and think about what's best for the company. We can add the most value to Goldmoney NOT with Golden Heart, and I'm sure that will keep doing what we are best at.

I'm sure Goldmoney appreciates your individual efforts to explain the company to the masses and places more value on those efforts than the users you may have referred. I know I, and the rest of the community do :)
  • ngiyusngiyus Posts: 36 Tin ✭
    the power of buzzer
    i just need your reply @Melanie
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,039 Admin
    @ngiyus I have passed along the information you have posted - unfortunately I am not involved with the program so I cannot resolve it myself.
  • NomidasNomidas Posts: 92 Copper ✭✭
    @79Au197 @ArtMatters @nigelmarkdias

I agree mostly with @79Au197 !

The very least what has to be done with bonus supported PR is to become 100% sterilized against any misuse or only shading bad light on Goldmoney!

@ArtMatters I doubt that it is in the long term interest of Goldmoney to overengage in educating people certainly not Billions of people. This will cause massive political resistance in countries like China probably also in the US.
    Moreover people should act based on their own insights, experiences and expectations and this holds for financial decisions and actions in particular.
    As I've said before: the Governments and Central Banks of this world will be the best teachers and mentors to help people to eventually make prudent Investment decisions!

Per aspera ad astra
    Per aspera ad aurum
    @Nomidas It's not in the long term interest of Goldmoney to educate people? I'm confused.
    Melanie said:

@ngiyus I have passed along the information you have posted - unfortunately I am not involved with the program so I cannot resolve it myself.

really? but you help other people about their affiliate program
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,039 Admin
    @ngiyus I have sent your information along just like I have for any other Affiliates - that is all I can do. If you do not hear back by tomorrow please let me know, but for today please be patient.
  • NomidasNomidas Posts: 92 Copper ✭✭
    @ArtMatters
    No, it is not in the longterm interest of Goldmoney to educate people!
    It rather is in the interest of Goldmoney or any other benevolent company or organisation to help and assist People in learning, and in making their own hopefuly prudent decisions!

Education is for schools and universities, it is not for free adult individuals.
    @Nomidas @ArtMatters

Within the context of the Goldmoney universe, I think it behooves Goldmoney to provide whatever resources are at its disposal to educate current and future customers about its services. "An informed customer is a repeat customer."

edited June 2016
    Compensation for effort, for work
    A defintion of MLM
    Multi-level marketing (MLM) is a controversial marketing strategy in which the sales force is compensated not only for sales they generate, but also for the sales of the other salespeople that they recruit.
    MLM's USP is passive income, @79Au197: someone else's work. I promote income from BitCoin on both the affiliate & MLM models.
    An investor makes his capital work based on someone else's labour.
    A Goldmoney Inc shareholder promotes Goldmoney to increase the value of his Goldmoney Inc investment.

The Goldmoney Golden Heart & affiliate programs are not MLM; no earnings from multiple generations; no perpetual income stream.

"Would you be promoting BitGold Goldmoney if not getting paid?"
    No @79Au197
    Who is on this platform primarily out of altruism, goodwill to your fellow man or public service, sir ?

Let's keep in mind the mission, @ArtMatters

The barbarians are at the gates of Rome Constantine incorporated the church, Rome did not assimilate the Visigoths @79Au197 help ramp up the platform to at least a billion users or the Chinese will just cut & paste Aurum like the forked Android, WeChat & Trumpchi

A billion users, imagine the stock price :)
    edited June 2016
    @nigelmarkdias

I asked, "Would you be promoting BitGold Goldmoney if not being paid?"

You answered "No @79Au197 Who is on this platform primarily out of altruism, goodwill to your fellow man or public service, sir ?"

To which I will answer, " @Roy Sebag , @Josh Crumb , @ArtMatters , @79Au197 . Who else on this board promotes BitGold GoldMoney without getting paid to do so?

To what ever extent I promote BitGold Goldmoney I do so without getting paid because it is the right thing to do. Then again, I am a stockholder (even though the value of my investment has gone down not up). I am also a stake holder, I value the features and services that Goldmoney offers and I want it to succeed for my own selfish reasons. I also want to interest family and friends (with no success I might add) because I believe it will allow them to protect their wealth.

@nigelmarkdias I would also like to humbly apologize to you personally if anything I have said in the past in way cast doubt on your integrity or work ethic. You have been a true friend to the Affiliates and a strong supporter of Goldmoney.
    @79Au197 I love the humility :). It helps to remember we are (literally) all on the same page here. Everyone has their own reason why they ended up here, but I am all for anything that helps this community grow and prosper.

I agree that it has nothing to do with getting paid. I would happily support any venture Goldmoney has to offer and where I could. This is my duty as part of TGMA :)
    edited July 2016

Have one point of contact for both programs?
    Merge the programs?
    @Melanie

Reached there @ArtMatters @79Au197

Please forgive me for responding ad hominem here @79Au197
    I asked, "Would you be promoting BitGold Goldmoney if not being paid?"
    You answered "No @79Au197 Who is on this platform primarily out of altruism, goodwill to your fellow man or public service, sir ?"
    To which I will answer, " @Roy Sebag , @Josh Crumb , @ArtMatters , @79Au197 . Who else on this board promotes BitGold GoldMoney without getting paid to do so?

Welcome your passion, rigour, discussion & debate on the community @79Au197
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,663 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nigelmarkdias I would say there are more people on this community board that are interested in the success of Goldmoney more so for the long term potential on the share price over those that are looking for immediate compensation through the affiliate/golden heart programs. Besides the share price, I for one just love that this company is helping people protect their wealth. Their platform is an offering of a humanitarian service is how I see it.
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 499 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I promote Goldmoney and don't expect to get paid. I do it because I believe in the benefits it brings to thousands of people around the world that cannot relie on their home country currency.
    @nigelmarkdias @ArtMatters @Pinkdog @GoldIsCurrency @Nomidas @Melanie @Roy Sebag @Josh Crumb

@nigelmarkdias once again please do not take offense at what I am about to say next. It is not directed at you. As I have said before you are a big supporter of both the Affiliates and Goldmoney.

As I have already noted many of us on this board and users of the Goldmoney platform "get it". Goldmoney is a global platform for conserving wealth by the use of the most time-honored money … gold. We are evangelists for Goldmoney and gold in general because we do "get it". We joined because we get it. We did not join because we expected to make a living or even supplemental income bringing in new users.

Due to the fact that BitGold initiated the Affiliate program to jump-start user signups, I can not be prejudiced against those Affiliates who play by the rules. What makes me truly angry are Affiliates who have obviously not read the Term of Service, not kept the minimum balances in their accounts (USD $100), not had "quality" users sign up who deposit the required USD $25 (or worse attempt to "mine" the system with duplicate accounts) … and then come onto this board … which has heretofore NOT BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH THE AFFILATE PROGRAM whining and complaining about not getting their payments. Many of the miscreants have verbally abused other users who were merely trying to help them, called BitGold a scam and worse.

I truly hope that combining both the Affiliate Program and the Golden Heart Program with newer less stringent rules will ameliorate this situation.
  • Musical196Musical196 Posts: 37 Tin ✭
    @79Au197

I agree with you for the most part. I joined Bitgold at first, was because I saw a thread on a forum.

Bitgold was giving around $13 at the time to every referral. I joined at first, because they were promoting this offer.

But then I stopped doing it for the money. I used it more and more each day, and then it became my daily routine. I would check how much I had put in each vault, I would talk to my friends (the people I referred).

I have a job, I go to work everyday in the morning and come back at night. I don't expect to make enough money to survive on.

That is my confessions. And like most people, they were referred to Bitgold (Goldmoney) through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and most importantly forums.

The Internet is full of people wanting to make money, and sometimes they cross the line. They become greedy and don't care about who or what they are hurting.

Sorry, it's a long post.

Bitgold (Goldmoney) is doing this golden hearts program/affiliate, so they could get more signups. Just like all the big companies when they first started. PayPal, Uber (still doing it), Dropbox (storage), ect.

Some of the members of the affiliate program didn't read the terms, but as a community, we are suppose to help them.

A percentage of the affiliate members are those who did read the terms of service, who referred their friends/family (who deposited).

They reached $100, and they followed the rules. But they didn't get their payment.

It's like if you mowed someone's lawn, and they said they were going to pay you $150.

You trimmed the lawn, and made it all beautiful.

And in the end, the person delays the payment, or don't give you the money at all. Wouldn't you be pissed?

Bitgold is or was called a scam, was because most of the people were charged backed, others were abusing the website. Making fake accounts, trying to gain something.

They got mad, and thought they did nothing wrong. They go online and make videos about how Bitgold is a scam.

Im not saying any of the members on this website are any of the examples. I'm just saying that people were posting online their stories. (Not on this community). I'm just using their examples.
  • optiopti Posts: 33 Tin ✭
    79Au197 said:

@nigelmarkdias

Depends on how strictly you define MLM. Would you be promoting BitGold Goldmoney if not getting paid? Do you promise others that they can make money by promoting BitGold Goldmoney as you do? If so it is a pyramid scheme (one type of MLM). It is one thing to be paid to promote a product. It is another to promise others that they can do the same and make money, and so on and so on. Pyramid scheme.

I detest pyramid schemes and I detest MLM. Sorry but there it is. If Goldmoney has value, it doesn't need a pyramid scheme to stand on its own. Sadly many things are now becoming clear to me with respect to the Affiliate program. I guess that will need to go through and study the TOS of the Affiliate program in more detail before commenting further.

@Melanie please feel free to delete all of my responses and posts regarding the Affiliate program if you feel that my comments are inappropriate. I will also stop commenting on posts related to the Affiliate program if requested.

@79Au197 - It's actually quite interesting that you can freely express your point of view and let the other members of the community see your limited understanding of applied marketing ideas and practical strategies as used online every day.

Cash-back credit cards are quite common these days, and recommending one you like to a friend, is far from being an MLM or some kind of pyramid scheme. Selling your digital products with the help of affiliates, who receive a commission on each sale is neither ...

What Goldmoney is offering here is quite ethical and people who do not want to spread the word about an outstanding, innovative service, are in now way coerced into receiving rewards for passing along their affiliate link to any potential prospects ... complaining that this nice gesture exists, is a clear sign of limited understanding!
    @79Au197 is a well respected and long standing member of this community and furthermore, a #GMH. He has a very deep understanding of this platform and is one of the earliest advocates.

I think the spirit of this six month old message that he is a huge supporter of Goldmoney with or without the referal program.
    edited April 5
    @opti

I was out of line when I made the post you quote above. It was sometime ago and as I recall I either clarified or apologized for the language of the post.

Even though Golden Heart and the former Affiliate program provide referral bonuses they were never MLMs. I must have been off of my meds the day I posted that >:)

My post came at a time when many people were joining BitGold Goldmoney for the sole purpose of mining it for referral bonuses, then coming onto the board to whine that Goldmoney had "clawed back" their money when none of their referrals had any account activity.

As @GoldMatters mentions above, I am perhaps one of the most vocal supporters of Goldmoney management and staff even if I have not been posting much of late.
  • optiopti Posts: 33 Tin ✭
    @79Au197 - hi and thanks for your message!

I was actually a bit taken back by his comment. It sounded to me as if it's part of his job to protect your good name, when it wasn't my intention to bad-mouth you or say anything negative about any one else around here ... lol

Is there a bit of a status ranking among the members in the community? How long does it take to go from having a tin hat to sporting a gold crown? ahahaha ... will I have to be living on site to speed things up a little? :D

What is #GMH all about ... some secret code the insiders use?

I am quite interested in seeing the digital product payment system develop a bit more quickly so instant downloads become a reality and an official listing of digital products can lead to a lively market place for people to be able to earn gold with their products a bit more rapidly ... what is your take on this? lol

Salutations, opti in Toronto
    @opti

#GMH Goldmoney Hermano (Brother). Some of us have been here since the beginning (only two years ago) we stick up for one another. Despite my rant I have the highest respect for @nigelmarkdias, he has been instrumental in growing the membership.

@GoldMatters put together a list of acronyms and abbreviations (for fun). If he sees this perhaps he will post the link (it escapes me at the moment)

Goldmoney has truly been a powerhouse of innovation in its short life. This speaks volumes about management and staff and their ability to cut through invidual bureaucracy hundreds of times around the globe. There are still some limitations, the USA state of George bans the Prepaid card.

As to status. It is based on an unpublished criteria of number of posts, number of likes, number of insightfuls. Those of us with GOLD status have been active since the beginning.
    @79Au197 Here is the Glossary, anyone feel free to add! http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/comment/18663#Comment_18663

@opti Everyone is equal on this Community. All the metal status shows is the accumulation of the community members collective opinion on that individuals contributions value.

I would love if every Community member earned gold status. That would mean that everyone here would be as passionate about Goldmoney as the ones who have it so far. It would mean more ideas would be discussed and more opinions curated.

To see this Community continue to thrive in such a way would be thrilling

Welcome to the Community @opti ! I hope you stay for a good long while and we learn from each other :)