Some performance information

I don't know if this is already possible but I'd like to see the "performance" of by gold in a specific currency

Comments

• MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can view gold's performance over time in relation to a specific currency on our Gold Price Charts page, or view its current performance (as well as the 24 hour, 1 year, and 10 year change) against multiple currencies at once on our Current Gold Prices page.
  • nico2000nico2000 Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    True but I want to see the performance of my gold in my vault.
  • ProspectorProspector Posts: 147 Copper ✭✭
    @nico2000
    The Overview page does give you the current performance of your gold in your vault/s in the currency that you can set.

Do you want BitGold to customise a graph specifically for your gold balance in your currency?
  • recurvrecurv Posts: 55 Copper ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @Melanie @nico2000 I'd like to be able to see what I spent to acquire the Gold on each transaction, what I was charged for the privilege on each (this is especially important as your statement only tells me the spot price per gram, not including the 1% transaction fee or currency conversion fee), and how the balance of all transactions at historical prices relates to the current holding at the current Gold price in local currency. That way I don't have to fiddle around with my bank statements and your statements to work out the gains/losses in local currency.

Is something like this on the roadmap?
  • ProspectorProspector Posts: 147 Copper ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    @recurv
    recurv said:

I'd like to be able to see what I spent to acquire the Gold on each transaction, what I was charged for the privilege on each (this is especially important as your statement only tells me the spot price per gram, not including the 1% transaction fee or currency conversion fee)

I'm not quite clear on how does what you are asking differ from the transaction details?

Cost = spot price + 1 % + transaction fee*.
    Sure BitGold could display the spot price per gram + 1 %, but isn't it asking a bit much from BitGold to calculate the currency conversion fee that is charged by your bank? Or did I miss something here?
    * assuming you are not paying from a Canadian account
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @nico2000, Jumped into your discussion, actually gold in the vault principal purpose in meant for storage and does not perform anything. Thing that perform where you can see all the times whether the your gold in the storage up or down is display on your BitGOld platform when you log in.
  • nico2000nico2000 Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    Hi @rohanibuang61 , when I buy gold for a certain amount of money e.g. 2 times per month over a year I simply want to see the performance over time. I want to know the value of my gold in relation of my investment.