Which Vault to deposit into?

Hi, I want to make my first deposit but it asks me which vault to put it in, do I choose my country? Is there a wrong choice? Does it matter?
Tagged:

Comments

• GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,752 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chebo You can choose any vault you want. It is purely your own personal preference of where you want your gold stored. Zurich vault and Toronto vault appear to be popular choices.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,630 Admin
    @GoldIsCurrency said it perfectly! I think some people also gain psychological benefit spreading their holdings over vaults in multiple jurisdictions for diversity reasons. :)
  • ike11ikeike11ike Posts: 151 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @chebo I live in the US and store my gold in the Toronto vault. I feel more comfortable keeping it in Toronto vs New York (the US government has outlawed personal ownership of gold and also done some confiscating - to my knowledge this has never happened in Canada).
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 424 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Great question. I agree with most above. A few things to consider:
    If you plan on having a wealth account too (for say, silver) then Toronto has the added benefit of the personal vault to wealth vault transfer. Currently you can only do that from Toronto. Very nice feature.

Volume for Brinks (Personal Accounts) Vaults is currently better in Singapore, Toronto, and Zurich than NYC or London. That will likely mean that liquidity will be better in those vaults, so even though Goldmoney spreads are within 1% of spot in ALL vaults, you are more likely to get closer to spot in the higher volume vaults.

In the real-time audit, make note of the difference between personal Brinks and wealth Loomis.

That said, Toronto & Zurich are my favs. Cheers.
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 250 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Avoid the Dubai vault. That is only for depositing crypto-currency, and you cannot redeem to the Goldmoney Mastercard from there.