Proof of address problems

Tom_BaccoTom_Bacco Posts: 46 Copper ✭✭
I have to say I am starting to have a very different opinion of gold money than when I first started out. I had an issue with a transfer but there is no way to call anyone and I didn't get a email till 3 days after, I clicked on the option that is there is a issue with the transfer "click here" still 3 days later, I get it the response time but still cost me money. Now keep getting rejected with proof of address. I scanned ID and days later it was denied because it was not clear enough then I took good photo and it was denied because they said it was "not" a accepted proof type but it was a government issued ID just like it says in the list. I am sending one more scan and after that I am out of gold money, taking down the videos bringing people in and replacing them with video over the issue I have had warning people to avoid these head aches. I already had to send an scan of my ID to become verified why the heck am I having to do this again and why won't it accepted? Has anyone else had issues with government ID not being accepted as government ID?
Tagged:

Answers

• cruzeiro6cruzeiro6 Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    solved my problem friend
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,709 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    @Tom_Bacco I am sorry to read you are having such difficulties getting that approved. In my own experience everything was approved/verified extremely quick, within minutes. I am not sure what has changed, I hope you are able to hang in there.

As an investor of XAU shares I am becoming somewhat concerned with the volume of complaints/problems/frustration that I have been reading on this board. Service level is the most important aspect to any successful business. I hope there is a focus on improving service levels.
  • Tflan1Tflan1 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I have only had the 2 interactions so far - Personal verified with Gov ID and a deposit. Both went very smoothly and the ID check was done sometime in under 12 hours. I have seen a few comments like Tom's I guess I will wait and see, but so far so good :smiley:
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 509 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    As a big Goldmoney supporter, user and shareholder I believe Goldmoney needs to address the customer service issue. Nobody will trust a company with their hard earned money if they can't get help when there is a problem. There should be a 1-800 support line or online chat option. I know people would be willing to pay for express service to talk to somebody immediately. I going to raise the issue The next time I see Roy, Josh, or Darrel at a town hall or annual shareholder meeting.
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 392 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Pinkdog said:

As a big Goldmoney supporter, user and shareholder I believe Goldmoney needs to address the customer service issue. ....There should be a 1-800 support line or online chat option.

@Pinkdog I agree with these points; that's why I submitted the question about increasing customer support on the November 14th earnings call.

The unfortunate part is that 1 "bad" experience or impatient customer has like a -5x factor, while a good to great experience is almost the expectation and has only a +1 or +2 factor. We've experienced a bit of spill over from the support channel (i.e. email only) into the community channel, and that also taints the experience of the satisfied customers unfortunately.

The community should be for discussions, not transactional support IMO; I think that was the intention. I'm sure they are working on it!

I too, am a big supporter, so I remain optimistic! :smiley:
  • TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 211 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I am somewhat concerned that too many customers over many different countries and languages will hold back the support they can provide us. As an avid and enthusiastic user/shareholder, I would like these sort of issues addressed and corrected quickly to enhance the user experience and gain customer trust and further support. I agree with you @GMONEY1 that negative experiences overshadow the many positive ones as most satisfied customers go on about thier busy lives while dis satisfied customers share the experience with more passion.
    Every time I hear about a negative experience i shake my head in frustration.
    Maybe to help move this support effort along, we can write a letter or the like from many vested users/shareholders to the "people in charge" to send a strong signal that this is really a first priority and needs to be attacked strategically and rapidly.

Thoughts?
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 392 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @TauntFourstar Others are free to share their opinions, but from my view:
    -We just don't know the numbers of Satisfied vs Dissatisfied, so it would be hard to create a credible case to present to Roy, Darrell, and Josh. I'm more of an evidence-based-analysis guy...and I feel like there is a major missing piece to the calculation.
    -Those who frequent the community board have noticed a lot more support-related posts, but we just don't know the scope relative to the number of transactions etc. (And we also don't know if those posting negatively have ulterior motives; e.g. short the stock, competitor, anti-Schiff, etc).

So, I would say in the short term, it would be helpful if "people in charge" gave community moderators like @Melanie more power to actually moderate and filter out the support specific initial posts. A LOT of the posts recently are clearly transactional, case-specific, and people complaining... those are not discussions. I think those cases should definitely be addressed though (iff they are valid) and be moved off of the boards and into a priority customer service queue. @Tom_Bacco 's post here would be a good candidate for that internal priority queue.

Then, for transparency to users, maybe they could post a summary of known issues as a percentage of total customers or transactions. Just an idea.

I might try to put together a Watson text-mining comment tone/sentiment demo using Bluemix to see if they could leverage that somehow. They have a tone analyzer... so maybe escalate the ones that are high in frustration. We'll see how that goes... night y'all
  • TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 211 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Nice response and good suggestions. I think this could be a good start to a conversation and very valid points made.

Goodnight
  • llop1977llop1977 Posts: 13 Tin ✭
    I upload my ID in the same requeriments, I'm waiting for an answer... and crossing fingers to be accepted.
    I asked to community support to make possible the system accept pdf files also. for me will be very useful for some files than trying to take photos with the cell, very old one so not good cam quality...
    For the service, well I'm happy with it, no major troubles, to be sincere, just this one, but for all the other, happy.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,533 Admin
    edited March 22
    @GoldIsCurrency @Pinkdog @GMONEY1 @TauntFourstar Dear friends, and GMHs: This is a great conversation, and Im glad we are having it. I couldn't agree more with @GMONEY1 with regards to where this Community thrives. Old timers here yearn for more of the lively discussions and passion for the company of the good old days (way back in 2016) vs. the support forum this place has become.

I can fully understand the frustration of users that arent getting support as quickly as they should. We should keep in mind that @Darrell has pointed out that help is on the way mentioned in this thread: http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/comment/23110#Comment_23110

Some of us remember when there WAS an 800 number, and when we DID have live chat. The reasons that these were ended have been well documented in this community. 800 numbers would be flooded with the dozens of languages from the 100 plus countries that Goldmoney users reside in. It became impractical to field that many different languages as Goldmoney grew on a rapid scale, so the number went away. E mail support became a way to deal with getting through and complete answers. I know its far from perfect.

One of the reasons that the support staff has been historically small is also to keep costs in line. Remember that gold kept at the vaults for Goldmoney customers is stored FOR FREE. Its also insured and audited FOR FREE. Does anyone know of an alternative platform that provides .05% over spot gold, and providers all the utility that Goldmoney does?

Having said all that, I totally get how much of a concern customer service can be. I get it. I read every single post on this community and I see it over and over. We know for fact that Goldmoney is working hard to address this as per Darrells post.

These problems will be addressed and ironed out as Goldmoney grows. It will never be perfect, no company is, but it will get better.

I think because of the pace of innovation at Goldmoney people sometimes lose track of the big picture here, what we DO have with Goldmoney.

My hope for this Community, and for future Community members, is that we can grow together and practice patience and trust that Goldmoney is working for all of us to improve our users experience.

Some people will give up, some will stick it out.

I for one will not be going anywhere. I hope that everyone reading this stays on this journey with me, because I have unwavering confidence it will be one of the smartest decisions we will ever make together.

Yours,

GM

"The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit. " Ralph Waldo Emerson

PS. I'd like to give a shout out to TLM AKA @Melanie for her continued hard work. She deserves a lot more credit than she gets for her work in this commumity. She works harder than most people will ever know to make this place run. :)
  • CraigCraig Posts: 33
    Hello, thank you all for addressing your concerns with us. We are sorry to hear that your documentation upload encountered complications. This is definitely not a Goldmoney experience we aim to provide.

Regarding our proof of address request, please note the following formats are acceptable: a piece of physical mail that has been sent to your address that clearly displays your name as the recipient OR an electronic bill with the same information. Additionally, if your government issued photo ID was issued within the last 3 months this is also an acceptable method of verification for us. Please ensure the document you upload is either a JPG or PNG file format of 5 MB or smaller with Latin script. Other formats will not be accepted. Should you not meet these specific criteria we humbly ask that you reach out to Customer Success directly as we do realize circumstances may differ from person to person. Upon receipt of your support ticket, one of our dedicated Customer Success members will be happy to assist in resolving the issue to your satisfaction.

Although we realize this request might cause frustration, it was not asked punitively, but to comply with the regulatory requirements of our Mastercard issuer. Additional details can be found in the email you received. If you are having any difficulties submitting the documentation through the Goldmoney app, we also ask that you please use a desktop or laptop computer and log into the site to submit the documentation.

You guys are all valued customers and we look forward to constantly improving our systems for you. We would be happy to help further. Have a great day ahead!
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,533 Admin
    @Craig @Melanie Keep up the good work TLM and the Golden Ninjas !
  • Tom_BaccoTom_Bacco Posts: 46 Copper ✭✭
    @Melanie @Craig I have scanned my government ID, I have taken a clear photo I have scanned a Rent/Water bill for last month and I was still rejected. both Government ID and utility bill are on the list of document but I got an email saying it was the wrong type of document. Who is verifying these documents? I have been rejected with 2 documents on that list several times.
  • Skookum_JimSkookum_Jim Posts: 122 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Craig Thanx for the explanation! I just want to tell you that the page where proof of adress is supposed to be upploaded is slightly deceptive as it states not only JPG and PNG but PDF aswell. i thought i had uploaded a utility bill in PDF format. Seems i will have to do the process over again. Just for information.
  • TunareTunare Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    My Proof of Address was denied.

I think it's because the Goldmoney.com system isn't actually programmed to accept PDF files via the web application, even though the instructions say that PDF files are accepted. It seems like some sort of development error. When you drag and drop a PDF file into the box or click to manually upload, nothing happens. Again, I do not know this, but highly expect it.

I just resubmitted my documents in JPG format. I was able to drag & drop into the upload section and my document showed up this time as if it was accepted by the webserver.
    @Tunare the first ID i sent was PNG the second ID copy was in JPG and the Rent/water utility bill was JPG and rejected too. Its not the problem with the documents I am so ticked off about, its the lack of strait out answer. if its a document that is not acceptable then take it off the list, if it is format it should say so. I just get the same generic automated response.
  • TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 92 Bronze ✭✭✭
    The proof of address is ridiculous. So you select it and send in a photo, then it says it's accepted and click "here" to learn more. So you click there and it makes you login again and shows you nothing. Now it still lets me send in further proof of address, but doesn't say anywhere that I've already sent it, or that it's Pending review or anything like that. How do you tell that you've uploaded it? How do you tell if it's Pending or acceptable/looked at? What a joke implementation. Why send out an email to the entire user base of millions of users to do this activity with it being implemented so mickey mouse?
    edited March 23
    Tom_Bacco said:

@Tunare the first ID i sent was PNG the second ID copy was in JPG and the Rent/water utility bill was JPG and rejected too. Its not the problem with the documents I am so ticked off about, its the lack of strait out answer. if its a document that is not acceptable then take it off the list, if it is format it should say so. I just get the same generic automated response.

That's lame. I'll have to wait a good handful of days for more paper bills to come then. I sent a PDF format bank statement to goldmoney.com and it was rejected. I keep months of bank statements at my home, but bills are shredded immediately. I have vehicle titles a state issued driver's license that matched my address, but I don't know if I should upload these as I assume that I have a document pending review. Will feeding more documents into the system screw up the documents pending review?

Given 2+ weeks, I'll have probably 5 bills I can spam them with....
    @Melanie

Can I just keep feeding documents into the system or do I have to wait for each document to be individually reviewed. I'd rather just gather what I have and dump the copies - maybe 2-5 documents... but I do not want this to screw up any system if it can only handle one at a time.
  • llop1977llop1977 Posts: 13 Tin ✭
    I had send my proof of address as required some days ago, in the format required, I hope with enough resolution cos I took a photo with the cell phone, but how do I know if is accepted or rejected????? no confirmation that is valid or not!! yet... how long takes for an answer or confirmation?
    Tom_Bacco said:

@Melanie @Craig I have scanned my government ID, I have taken a clear photo I have scanned a Rent/Water bill for last month and I was still rejected. both Government ID and utility bill are on the list of document but I got an email saying it was the wrong type of document. Who is verifying these documents? I have been rejected with 2 documents on that list several times.

@Melanie @Craig I have now used the "take a photo" option and taken a photo of my ID several days ago, it looked like it downloaded but I never got an accepted or denied email, I went to check the proof of address option because it said pending in the past but not it shows nothing. How do we know if it was even sent? there is no way to verify but it looks. I said pending so it must have took but no it says nothing, like it never happened. and not accepted or denied email after waiting. I understand if there in no email if it didn't system didn't take but why would it say update pending and show me a photo of the utility bill i had just taken? Is there anyway I can simple talk to someone about this? I mean actually talk. getting a the same automated answer sucks but at least I know, now I have no idea what is going on.
  • Gerb00Gerb00 Posts: 21 Tin ✭
    I have several issues.
    Proof of address is not working, so far 6 business days with no responses
    No longer access to ACH transactions to redeem funds to my bank
    Today no transaction actions in the dashboard, I can do nothing except view my account and loaded cards.
    This company is getting worse not better, they sent a message of new expansion of payment and PayPal, they can not even get the actions to work for the options they already have.
    @Gerb00 I don't have much insight in regards to the address difficulties however your comment in regards to "no transaction actions in the dashboard". I noticed the same thing this morning however if you click on the 3 white bars just to the left hand side of the "Overview" then all the transaction actions/menu options will appear in a column on the left hand side. I personally liked the old dashboard displaying all the icons on the top.

• Gerb00Gerb00 Posts: 21 Tin ✭
    Thanks for the reply, I discovered that on my own as well. I was coming here to post the same thing that you did. This company is changing and adding stuff at an extremely rapid pace. They seem to have adopted the Microsoft method of just throw it out there and let the users be the beta testers. That works but is very frustrating for the users.
    @Melanie @Craig It has now been 6 days since I contacted tec support and still no answer, are things this bad now?
    @Melanie Is there any way someone can give @Tom_Bacco a quick call to help him through this. Tom has been an active community contributor since October and for myself I find it bothersome to watch a positive community member having such difficulties without quicker resolution.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tom_Bacco our team has reached out to advise on the issue, apologies for the delay.
    Melanie said:

@Tom_Bacco our team has reached out to advise on the issue, apologies for the delay.

he have me the same cookie cutter answer. load a utility bill in JPG or PNG but as I said i sent my rent/ utility bill bill from last month in JPG format as well as the "take a photo" option on the goldmoney website and still nothing. It looked like it downloaded but I never got an accepted or denied email. How do we know if it was even sent? there is no way to verify but it looks. I said pending so it must have took but it likes it never happened. If this is going to be any alternative to a bank there simply cannot be a 3 day response time for just an email only no matter what the issue is. I am reading other peoples comments with the same problems. If I an having something so simple give me such a head ache I am really worried about if something does go wrong with my account or something. Can't a guy look at the from I sent and check off a box or something IF the website is actually uploading the forms I am sending and why can't we get a response as too if it uploaded or not. the tec guy gave me the same generic anser reworded aliittle bit and not helpful at all. I need to know why I am having this issues not what papers to send. I have already sent recent utilities in JPG format over and over and now it their turn to look at them ir fix the site so they can be uploaded if they don't go through
  • AlienMeAlienMe Posts: 53 Copper ✭✭
    @craig, good to know electronic bill version is acceptable BUT as far as govt id goes 'issued within the last 3 months' ????? we have ids that are valid for several years, does it really has to have been issued in the last 3 months???