Digital Item Checkout

Hi All,

I hope I didn't miss something important on that matter.

Since after a Digital Item Checkout the item is almost imediately paid (at least that is what I understood), it would make sense to immediately provide a special code or webpage (e.g. download-item-ertjw5jkzvert8ze.html) where that digital product can be downloaded from for a limited time. Is that implemented already, or could it be soon? Thanks!

aurum101

Comments

• PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 225 Bronze ✭✭✭
    What item are you downloading?
  • aurum101aurum101 Posts: 6 Tin ✭
    A sound file for example, what ever, it would be stored on a server external to Goldmoney of course. The only important thing is to have that cryptic link in order to prevent others from coincidently finding it. ; ) BTW, how is this solved at the moment? After paying the fee for a digital item a confirmation of some kind is sent to the customer?
  • PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 225 Bronze ✭✭✭
    so Goldmoney Pay is what you're after.. They provide a checkout button. This is a business feature:

Goldmoney Pay
  • optiopti Posts: 34 Tin ✭
    Yes, payment buttons are available and the code can be added to ones web site from a business account, like I have done right here for one of my products.

The question is, when a product is listed and identified as being digital, it would make sense to be also asked if an instant download is intended, and if so, a field for the URL / link to the download or thank-you page would be a nice thing to have available. The code for this is simple enough to add. I venture to bet, next time you add a digital product to your list, this option may already be in place for you to make your downloads instant and your business more profitable ... :)

PS: On a side note, I would be pleased to write the required code and add it to the application should I be given this opportunity! lol
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,535 Admin
    @opti excellent! Thanks for installing this button! I would love to see these on every community members business websites!
    @GoldMatters - thanks for your comment!

Did you actually test the button? What's the chance of adding the suggested instant download functionality? I bet you, the popularity would grow very rapidly as soon as digital products for instant downloading would be listed and searchable on site.

Any idea how this could be arranged? Would community member involvement be of help? lol
    @opti Yes I did test the button, everything looks in order! I would imagine improvements and updates will come as Goldmoney is constantly improving such features :)
    edited April 4

@GoldMatters - thanks for getting back to me on this. Did you notice, I also had an offer there to get you the product for free?

Do you feel their maybe an interest in this online community to discuss the potential advantages of a more analytical approach to precious metals, major currency markets and the trading opportunities arising from their price correlations / divergences?

The candle stick chart is a bit basic but better charting / analysis modules should be quite easy to add, I assume, eh? :)
    @opti There may be some traders amongst this community so there is no harm in throwing that information out there :)

Although in my experience there are more users here that are interested in using Goldmoney as more of a savings vehicle to preserve wealth.

Feel free to open a new discussion to see if there is interest!
    Thanks for the answers!
    opti quote: "Yes, payment buttons are available and the code can be added to ones web site from a business account"
    I know, I have those buttons implemented since months. There always have two parties to be involved for testing, right?
    B2B or B2P, correct? I checkout button for one or two free articles would be grrreat, too!
    @aurum101 Have you listed your website here? (Sorry if you have already done this!)
    @GoldMatters - where should @aurum101 have listed his web page?

He must have identified his product on his own list as being digital or physical before posting a Goldmoney payment button to his page, which would be enough for the system to register the listing and add it to a searchable index ....

Are there currently any listings of digital products with Goldmoney payment buttons?
    No, I haven't yet. How could I, when I even don't understand how check out is working.
    How could I test it? I do have to buy something "in real", right?
    aurum101 said:

No, I haven't yet. How could I, when I even don't understand how check out is working. How could I test it? I do have to buy something "in real", right?

@aurum101 - Take a look at my sales page for the Email Marketing Video Course, you'll see my Goldmoney payment button.

If you like to get it for free, there is a script in place for that. If you want to test it to see how it works and pay for it, I can give you a 60% refund and show you how to setup your own sales page ...

Thanks opti for the answer. Good marketing on your site!
    I just discovered that you really can define a 0 GAU button, was it always possible? That's actually very helpful! I go ahead with testing now.
    BTW, I know that Goldmoney is international, but in the german speaking community GAU is an abbreviation for "Größter Anzunehmender Unfall", which is equivalent to "Worst Case". Trustwise it might be wise for Goldmoney to think about it some time ... All the best!