@Melanie - My credit card deposits have been in pending status for over 5 days.

Could you please approve the deposits? I have been using the same credit card for over 6 months. Thanks!!!

Answers

• lz80521lz80521 Posts: 8 Tin ✭
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 26 Copper ✭✭
    Current credit card deposit confirmation times are rather frustrating. I am a new user and only my 1st credit card deposit was confirmed instantly. The 2nd one already took 5 days (3 working days) and the current ones are also still pending.

To which vault did you deposit? Mine were all to Brink's vault in Zurich. However, I noticed on the real time audit page that ALL vault inventories have been mostly unchanged for the last couple of days. I understand that physically moving gold to the vault and having it confirmed by the custodian is quite an effort, but waiting this long worries me a bit. Maybe there is a problem with restocking new gold or the way Brink's works in general.

In any case it would be really good to know the actual reasons for this.
  • Ganzie83Ganzie83 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    Same problem (3 days) and also Brink's vault in Zurich.
  • Nc1Nc1 Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    same problem for the vault in Zurich;
    8days & 3days for a reccuring deposit..
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 257 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Same problem here (about 3 business days so far in pending status, for the Zurich vault). My transaction date was Thrs May 18th, so two full business days have passed (Fri May 19th, and Mon May 22nd), and now it is the end of the 3rd business day (Tues May 23rd) and it is still pending.

My wait hasn't been that long, so far, so I wouldn't mind too much if Goldmoney didn't claim that it should take only 1-2 business days. But many people are experiencing much longer waits so this is becoming a major issue.

@Melanie
    We've got at least 6 users so far in this thread with pending times greater than Goldmoney's advertised 1-2 days. Is something being done about this?
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 65 Copper ✭✭
    I have being making deposit for more than a year. Today, first time I noticed one recurring(weekly) deposit transaction from May 17 is still pending. GM need to put out some kind of communication on this.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the common link Zurich? Maybe they are REALLY busy volume-wise.

I recently made credit card deposits to Ottawa and they cleared in a day or so.
    I always use Toronto Vault. Its my default setting.
  • AsterixAsterix Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    There is a problem with the Zurich vault. I had no problems depositing to the Toronto vault. It was instant.
  • KennethEURKennethEUR Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    My deposit to the Zurich vault has been in pending state since May 15th. It's the 24rd of May now, still in pending state. Can't order a debit card, as ordering a card requires a deposit.
  • robert1robert1 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    Same me, 5 days waiting (Zurich vault). What's happen Goldmoney ??
  • AlienMeAlienMe Posts: 53 Copper ✭✭
    @Asterix, when did you do the toronto deposit? mine has been pending since May 18th. It was from a bank account, not credit card. @Melanie, can you please provide an update on the process? My biggest concern here is the lag between funds withdrawn from the bank account and the actual deposit. In my accounting money funds shouldn't be taken until there is gold in the account.
  • robert1robert1 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    edited May 24
    @AlienMe

Today I did a Toronto small deposit ($20) and was confirmed 10 minutes later (very fast).

Seems a Zurich vault issue.
    thanks @robert1 , mine was toronto, not zurich. still pending since may 18th. something odd is going on.
  • guppysguppys Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Bonjour,
    Le 16 Mai, jai fait un depot sur mon compte Goldmoney de Zurick , enfin soit disant....mon compte bancaire a ete debité 3 jours plus bleep ( jai utilisé ma carte bancaire) donc je m'attendais à ce que ce soit instantané.. Nous sommes le 24, mon compte bancaire a bien ete debité mais mon compte Goldmoney n'a pas ete credité lui.. toujours " en attente" .demain cest férié, vendredi ca va etre le dernier jour ouvrable....allo il est mort sur son siege le banquier?
    Mine was Toronto. Pending since May 17.
    edited May 24
    @AlienMe @robert1 @KennethEUR @Asterix @BigMouse @Nc1 @mr1 @Ganzie83 @DeOmnibusDubitandum @lz80521 @guppys + @Melanie @Chris

ALWAYS be sure to submit a formal support request via

https://support.goldmoney.com/customer/portal/emails/new

I am sure that formal requests are logged into a database that can be analyzed for trends more efficiently than posts to this board.

Also keep in mind that we are talking about the transfer of physical gold into a vault, not just the transfer of digits from one computer to another. For high volume vaults like Zurich it is just possible that they may need to acquire physical gold to bring into the vault and this may take time depending on how far away the physical gold is located and how it is shipped.
    Just to let you know - my deposits to Zurich vault paid with debit card were just confirmed after 3 business days which, though longer than advertised, is acceptable and much better than what other people are writing here.

Still I would really appreciate additional transparency by Goldmoney and know what is causing these delays in confirmation times. Then I would gladly and confidently make regular deposits.
    edited May 24
    What about you, @Asterix, @mr1, @robert1? Also got confirmation from Zurich vault by now?
    edited May 24
    Got confirmed this afternoon (Toronto vault). Not sure if that was due to email to support or whether it just happened that way. That's exactly 1 week elapsed, 4 business days if I don't count the day the deposit was made. Definitely need some update from Goldmoney on the reasons. Silence is not golden in this case
    @79Au197 , thanks for the link. What is the difference between what you provided and goldmoneypersonal@goldmoney.com ? I've been using the latter so far and the response time is not as good as it was earlier this year. The auto-reply now says 1-3 business days.
  • AsterixAsterix Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    edited May 25
    @DeOmnibusDubitandum I am still waiting for my Zurich vault credit card deposits (May 18 and May 19) to be confirmed. I only purchased around $1,000 combined. How much longer will I have to wait? :-(
    edited May 25
    My deposit in Toronto vault is confirmed today. So I am all good now.
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 257 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @DeOmnibusDubitandum My deposit to the Zurich Vault from May 18th is still pending.
    79Au197 said:

Also keep in mind that we are talking about the transfer of physical gold into a vault, not just the transfer of digits from one computer to another. For high volume vaults like Zurich it is just possible that they may need to acquire physical gold to bring into the vault and this may take time depending on how far away the physical gold is located and how it is shipped.

@79Au197 Yes, I understand that vault custodians can get busy and there may be delays, but if that is the case, Goldmoney absolutely needs to stop claiming that transactions will get confirmed in 1-2 business days. It is misleading customers and is false advertising. For my needs right now, I don't mind the delay that much in and of itself, but it is a major issue to me that Goldmoney is not living up to the expectations that it gives to its customers.
    Sorry to hear that. I fully agree with @mr1 and @AlienMe and would like to see an official statement by Goldmoney about this and a seemingly required adaption of advertised confirmation times. @Melanie can you please help us here?
    > @AlienMe said:
    > @79Au197 , thanks for the link. What is the difference between what you provided and goldmoneypersonal@goldmoney.com ? I've been using the latter so far and the response time is not as good as it was earlier this year. The auto-reply now says 1-3 business days.

goldmoneypersonal@goldmoney.com is new to me. @Melanie - when did this go into effect?
    @mr1

"Yes, I understand that vault custodians can get busy and there may be delays, but if that is the case, Goldmoney absolutely needs to stop claiming that transactions will get confirmed in 1-2 business days. It is misleading customers and is false advertising. For my needs right now, I don't mind the delay that much in and of itself, but it is a major issue to me that Goldmoney is not living up to the expectations that it gives to its customers."

Agreed …