My Wishlist

TomSwiftTomSwift Posts: 40 Copper ✭✭
Living in China, I find BitGold extremely useful, due to the restrictive currency controls in place here and the awful bureaucracy. If I want to wire transfer RMB outside of the country, I have to bring in every legal form I have (work permits, contracts, tax returns, pay stubs, residency permits, etc) and then it is a 45 minute mountain of paperwork to deal with. Chinese banks are awful places to go to as well, with terrible customer service. BitGold has made it very easy for me to transfer funds out of China to wherever I want to send them. Thank you.

My wish list is for the ability to purchase BitCoins. Right now, I have to pay over 5% to do so from RMB and I know that there would be a massive amount of interest in China if such an option were available. In the deposit option of the main dashboard, it used to say BitCoin deposit coming soon but I saw today that the blurb is no longer there, which bodes ill for this service. Hopefully they will create a wallet system that can be funded using BItGold, which would make BitGold my one-stop banking option.

My other wishlist is debit cards in other currencies. Being Canadian, when I go back home for visits, it would be great to use the debit card in Canada without exchange fees. As well, since the card is US based, I can not use it to set up in iTunes. I would need a Canadian card in order to do that. A debit card in Canadian funds would be fantastic.

Finally, silver deposits as well. The lack of monthly storage fees would make the implementation of gold-silver swap scenarios extremely attractive.

Hopefully BitGold will keep on expanding services and only get better and more useful in the future.

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 636 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @TomSwift, so glad there is a way through BitGold to get around the banks where you are. Love your wish list!
  • ProspectorProspector Posts: 147 Copper ✭✭
    @TomSwift
    Do you deposit to your BitGold account from RMB account by going through all that paperwork?

They are still working on the btc redeem and offering the cards in more currencies. Lots of interest esp. from Canada. Not sure when this will be available though.

Silver may be an issue due to the value:price ratio (more costs involved in storing bulky metals).
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TomSwift Yes China is so strict in controlling their currency even if you purchased something online from China, they request USD. Just to pile-up their USD reserve in preparation for currency war.

As for silver, we know Silver paper ratio 300 to 1 physical silver, the ripped off is coming close to an end.
    Our main intention and purpose with BitGold is to store value. No matter sooner or later, Silver parabolic will be like paladium as Silver is still categorized under precious metal as a pair twin to Gold.
  • TomSwiftTomSwift Posts: 40 Copper ✭✭
    I can purchase gold via Union Pay, which is the payment method used on debit cards here in China so I don't have to do any paperwork. It is completely legal in China since all I am doing is buying something overseas, which is not against the law.
    I have been living here in the same apartment for ten years and I have only been visited once during this time to check that my documents were in order. China is not the most organized place when it comes to enforcing rules and regulations. Makes things interesting over here.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TomSwift @Kim @Prospector @golderoo @rohanibuang61

I agree with everything except silver. I personally believe that gold is the only true "Gold Standard", hence BitGold, GoldMoney, etc. Keep it simple.

B)
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    China is a very interesting place @TomSwift
    With the new chief executive and the protection of the PLA
  • jmr5djmr5d Posts: 218 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Finally, silver deposits as well. The lack of monthly storage fees would make the implementation of gold-silver swap scenarios extremely attractive.
    This would probably be really hard to make work, but I would REALLY love it! Being able to deposit and/or swap metals would be awesome.
    edited May 2016
    @jmr5d

Now you are talking about the GoldMoney platform B)

Well, except for the lack of storage fees
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 511 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    China is a huge market with a lot of wealthy Chinese wanting to get money out out of the country . I would love to see a RMB credit card and credit card processing in RMB. That would be a great game changer for Goldmoney.
    @jmr5d
    jmr5d said:

This would probably be really hard to make work, but I would REALLY love it! Being able to deposit and/or swap metals would be awesome.

Update: Probably not with Goldmoney Personal since this is already provided by Goldmoney Wealth.

Through Goldmoney Wealth. Yes. @79Au197