In the new holding account I can use my credit card to load funds ?

Hello

In the new holding account I can use my credit card to load funds ? Seems not.

roberto

Answers

• mr1mr1 Posts: 358 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I think you're right. I can only find the option to use a wire transfer to fund my holding account.

Melanie said that a lot of the new holding account features are "coming soon" (why they switched now then, I do not know). So we may just have to wait. And some of the features may depend on the country (I'm in the US).

For more info, I have a thread here where I ask a similar question about funding the holding account through a free bank electronic transfer.
    http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/4107/what-is-the-status-of-the-conversion-from-wealth-accounts-to-new-unified-holding-accounts
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 245 Bronze ✭✭✭
    You can still deposit into a Personal account and then "Redeem to Wealth Holding" at no charge.
  • TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 215 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Yea, i am not too excited about the new holding. i had a holding before and a personal account and ill continue to use the personal until i cant. More features, more ease, and i can still use my debt card. I wont use holding until i can do ACH both directions. Also they require a $1000 balance before you can request a debt card... not so nice.
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 81 Copper ✭✭
    yes, i will keep using my personal account. will switch to holding only if they take electronic fund transfer.
  • Skookum_JimSkookum_Jim Posts: 123 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @TauntFourstar This scares me coming from you :'(

I think huge misstakes have been made, hopefully management will realise this in due time.

$1000 to even get a prepaid card? I hope they do realise that 1000 bucks might be more than a years salary in many parts of the world - thereby making the holding just another club for the rich.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Skookum_Jim said:
    > @TauntFourstar This scares me coming from you :'(
    >
    > I think huge misstakes have been made, hopefully management will realise this in due time.
    >
    > $1000 to even get a prepaid card? I hope they do realise that 1000 bucks might be more than a years salary in many parts of the world - thereby making the holding just another club for the rich.

"thereby making the holding just another club for the rich. "

My fear as well.
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 358 Bronze ✭✭✭

Yea, i am not too excited about the new holding. i had a holding before and a personal account and ill continue to use the personal until i cant. More features, more ease, and i can still use my debt card. I wont use holding until i can do ACH both directions. Also they require a $1000 balance before you can request a debt card... not so nice.

I am actually excited for the new unified Holding accounts (except for the lack of some amount of free storage for all). That is, once they get all the kinks worked out. Once they have all the features implemented (including the new simplified signup process), I think it will be very good for business to have one unified account available.

According to Melanie, the network payment options (ACH transfers, Credit cards, Cryptos, etc) are in the works. Hopefully they get that worked out soon.

I would also hope that they lower the balance required to get a debit card. Has anyone heard specifically whether the $1000 requirement for a debit card in a Wealth account will definitely continue with the unified Holding accounts?