Selling gold coins to GM

AEtherAEther Posts: 8 Tin ✭
Good day,
I have a number of gold coins that I would like to "exchange" for gold held in my GM account.
It would be great because then GM clients can sell their coins (stored at home or where ever) and buy gold stored in a secured vault via the GM platform.
WIN-WIN: Customer have safer storage and ability to transact with their gold. GM increased gold holding and fee income.

Would the branches that Gm is opening offer such a service?
If not, something to consider?

Answers

• RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 450 Bronze ✭✭✭
    This has been discussed before. One issue would be that they would have to analyze the quality of your gold when buying it and that would be labor intensive. So I can't see them going that way any time soon. You could always sell it elsewhere and then move your cash into Goldmoney to hold digital physical. For those of us in the west it is more expensive to sell our gold locally. In Asia/Middle East they have better markets and prices for that.
    Personally, I hold both physical and digital. And the physical will probably remain "buried in the backyard" after I die, unless the apocalypse comes and physical gold becomes readily exchangeable.
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,724 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AEther It is my understanding they are considering it in the future at the Retail Locations but not an offering at this point.