Holdings VS Full holdings

Tom_BaccoTom_Bacco Posts: 46 Copper ✭✭
what is the difference in a holdings account VS Full Holdings account and how would you open a Full Holdings in you choose to?

Comments

• Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Tom_Bacco The main differences are the following:

1) Basic Holdings can't send metals to other users. Full Holdings can.
    2) Basic Holdings can't fund their balances with anything other than wire transfer. Full Holdings can use several others such as Credit/Debit, PayPal? etc..
    3) Basic Holdings can't link to previous Personal accounts. So if you have an old Personal account with gold in it. You must upgrade to Full Holding if you want to link the accounts and redeem the gold and transfer it into your new Holding.

Upgrading to Full Holding from a Basic Holding is still very user un-friendly, so I'm personally waiting for Goldmoney to implement the new and faster upgrade method.

Can anyone keep us updated? @KatyMillington @Melanie @Goldmatters
  • gokitegokite Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I don't understand this, could you elaborate? what is a "previous personal account"?

3) Basic Holdings can't link to previous Personal accounts. So if you have an old Personal account with gold in it. You must upgrade to Full Holding if you want to link the accounts and redeem the gold and transfer it into your new Holding.
    @gokite Personal/Business Accounts are accounts that are not available anymore. Whoever sign ups know will directly have a Basic Holding. Whoever has a Personal/Business account may link it to a Full Holding and transfer gold to it.
  • DEdwards110DEdwards110 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    I never even noticed there was a different between basic holdings and full holdings. I assume that I have a full holding considering I can add funds to my account via debit card or CC. Though I am not sure how I managed to get a full holdings? Not that I am complaining or anything, it's just that when I refer to a friend about the site I'd like to direct them to a full holdings as well.
    @DEdwards110 You must have a Full Holding then. Also, you cannot use the referral program if you have a Basic Holding. I wonder how you got to a Full Holding without even noticing it. There is "very noticeable" verification process to go through in order to upgrade to a Full Holding.

Personally, I'm still waiting for an update from Goldmoney staff regarding the implementation of the new upgrade/verification process. @Melanie @KatyMillington @Goldmatters Any news?
  • Tom_BaccoTom_Bacco Posts: 46 Copper ✭✭
    edited September 28
    @Melanie @Marco_1983 my friend the whole process is unfriendly.

1. When trying to open full holdings account it ask for my country code for a phone number but the United States was not there, I could not believe it so I selected Canada because it was +1 which is used for the USA.

2. When asing for a passport it asked if I had a British passport or none, again there was no USA, later when checking your info it had the USA listed but it could not be chosen.

3. When i tired to do the equifax verification it came up with 2 different wrong results. I put my info and got things that are not tied to me, i put my wife next and equifax site was unavailable at this time, I called GM they reset the verification and I got a different report also not tied to me and then my wife came up as equifax site unavailable at this time. After calling equifax I verified all my info and made sure someone did not use my information for the loans that popped up of GM. They verified the results that showed up on GM were not accurate.

4. I sent a message to GM 2 weeks ago about these issue and have still NOT been answered or even responded to. All I get is a phone number I need to call by 10am where I get a person who does not seem to know much about what she is doing. All I get is she will message me, 2 weeks later still no message.

If Gold Money doesn't resolve these issue I am finding a inflation safe haven elsewhere and letting everyone else here know the best ship to jump into out savings need to not only be protected from inflation but also the ones who oversee our accounts. I like GM but all these issue make me leery about putting a decent sum of money in there when I can't get a simple response to sign up issue that should be basic.
  • Tom_BaccoTom_Bacco Posts: 46 Copper ✭✭
    Thats odd, someone edited my comment and it was NOT me. I posted at 9:50 and never edited it. I was talking about how GM needs to fix all the issues or we will jump to competitors like bullionvault, GoldRepublic, Hard Assets Alliance, GoldBroker, Bullion Management, Everbank or The Anglo Far-East. I really want to stay with GoldMoney but there are so many issue. I was told to transfer to holdings for better customer service but still never get an answer. Come on GM this roll out is horrible!
    @Tom_Bacco The whole process is not only unfriendly, it is now IMPOSSIBLE, since I do not see any "Upgrade to Full Holding" button anywhere.