Is That a Feature or a Bug?

SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 245 Bronze ✭✭✭
Is That a Feature or a Bug? This is a great article that details a crucial difference between crypto-currencies and trusted financial institutions such as Goldmoney.

Comments

• RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 465 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Hey @SpontaneousOrder that is an excellent article reminding us of the times when we might want more "order and transparency" in our financial dealings. I think most of the time nowadays we are bucking the overwhelming sense of control and authority and just want out of it. The article reminds us that even if we want the government out of our business we might still want some other controls built in. I am sure that cryptocurrencies could also build in the checks and balances if they wanted to (if that was the only negative issue).
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 219 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @SpontaneousOrder good post. Thx. Noted. However, I don't trust "trusted financial institutions" either, e.g., "Jamie Dimon" or other species of parasite bankers or gold price fixers. I only trust GM in so far as so far they appear not to have screwed anyone over... who knows what will happen in the future though?

How many financiers/bankers went to jail after the 2008 crash?
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 219 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Also, the author must have been wearing rose-tinted specs when describing governments... or perhaps he's deep state? Even the least worst are too paternalistic but just look at villainous regimes like Zimbabwe, Venezuela, and big beasts like China and the US! Heavens above: I wouldn't be so sanguine...