Has Goldmoney given up on a Goldmoney CAD MasterCard?

Has Goldmoney given up on a Goldmoney CAD MasterCard?

• JoahobJoahob Posts: 22 Tin ✭
    Seems like the overall purpose of the company has shifted from providing a gold-based payment network to the more traditional storage service and trading platform. As such, new card options have taken a back seat I suspect.
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 136 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Joahob I would agree but like everything it is also supply and demand.
    They probably need x amount of Canadians on the platform to make it viable.
  • saanichtoniansaanichtonian Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    I am a Canadian, and have a personal account only.

As has been pointed out, we were initially told that a $CA card was coming quite some time ago, and it has not appeared. I held off getting a card, waiting for the $CA card so I was not dependent on any bank to pull value out of my GM account without FX fees., and now It appears that I cannot even get any card anymore.

At this point, I would be happy enough if I had the ability to transfer to any credit card, prepaid or not. I am waiting to see if the Canadian prepaid Stack card (also by mastercard) is worth acquiring ( https://www.getstack.ca/about-us/ ). It should be as possible to tie the GM account to a card account as easily as to a bank account. It would be handy to just to be able to shift funds from GM to it rather than waiting for the godot $CA card from GM.

Any response from the company would be appreciated, a response with actual information, doubly so!
  • TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 98 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Still no CAD card? 2017 is coming to an end!! On the bright side, I used my USD GM card for the first time in San Francisco last week. It worked perfectly. There was some sort of hint/concern that loading my card would take awhile, like a couple days, and then I could spend the funds, but the two loadings I did were available for spending right away. So that worked pretty slick.

Now, coming back and looking at my balances on the Goldmoney website, the prepaid card shows all kinds of negative balances and works like crap. The website here really is crap in general, but at least the card actually works. Prepaid card with a negative balance?... that's hilarious. Bah, my stock is up 120%, so who cares, right?
  • nixter1nixter1 Posts: 7 Tin ✭
    this forum would be more valuable, if, when posing questions, they were reviewed by GM staff, then responded to by them. We can ask all the questions we like, but all we get is speculation by other members. I'd like to get real answers by real people who know the answers