Does customer service exist?

JeremyJeremy Posts: 1 Tin ✭
I have an account and purchased metals. However I have messaged customer service a couple times now and never get a reply. Anyone else know how to get a hold of someone in this company? Is there even a customer service?

Comments

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,604 Admin
    Ive made sure someone has seen this @Jeremy
  • Keith3777Keith3777 Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    Poor Customer service is an understatement!!! Gold Money when owned by James Turk was excellent. The Bitgold purchase has stripped the quality away from this company. This is a TRUST situation here people! I have been a customer since Sept 2016. I went to make a purchase of some bitcoin on a whim. I gave them $200.00 on my credit card and then after taking my money they wanted me to fill additional paperwork to complete the process. Really!!! If you would have told me that before I paid I would have easily moved on. I told them forget it and to refund my money.
    I have sent SIX demands for refund and got nothing. I got empty responses in the emails and a Direct Question i.e. "Are you going to refund my money" was not answered. This is disgraceful behavior in the financial world. And for a service that boasts of" TRUST US to keep your valuables safe", this attitude is irresponsible. I hope things work out better for you but I'm moving on.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 61 Copper ✭✭
    It's there but I think there are only 3 people in the department and they are drowning.
    I have been reading the reviews on Goldmoney in this forum and on the web. OMG OMG OMG
    This company expects us to put money on deposit with them and yet they have very little in the way of client services to help you get it out.
    I horrifies me to think how many times I thought about putting serious money in this company.
    It never occurred to me that I should research the customer service since the Bitgold purchase and retirement of James Turk.
    The difference in quality is amazing. I'm on my 8th demand for return of my money. No positive action yet.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 61 Copper ✭✭
    @Keith3777 you always have the power of a chargeback.
    Update
    On Dec 6th I entered my credit card and hit send. Gold money got my $200.00 dollars in seconds. At Normal banking activity speed.
    I was ready to do a test purchase of some bitcoin. Then they tell me I need to fill out verification forms, submit them for approval and then I can purchase, if approved of course. Now I am a customer since Sept 2016. I have gold on account. But now I need approval to buy a bitcoin of which I will never have personal possession. This doesn't make any sense since I can go everywhere else and buy it with NO hassle.
    So I'm still not refunded my $200.00 and it's 12/19/2017. Lone Starr - Thanks for the advice. I will get a refund eventually. I'm just amazed how bad the service is and yet their reputation boasts of Trust and Assurance. It is truly the worst service this side of government service.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,604 Admin
    @Keith3777 I’ll make sure this gets looked at Keith
    NO Refund – 12/21/17
    I have had assurances from the General Counsel, the Senior Relationship Manager and other pleasant staff, yet still no refund is issued. I keep thinking “Thank God it’s only 200 dollars and not 200 ounces of gold or 200 bitcoin”. The day that anyone takes personal responsibility for getting things done will help get your reputation back to where it should be. Until then this company is GoldMaybe.
  • SecretsSecrets Posts: 55 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Its easy to say you can "Go anywhere else" but for many people there are no good options for buying Bitcoin.

Eg for Canadians, Coinbase limit you to $250 a week for the first month and there is no option to buy, only sell. Quadriga have been processing my verification for two weeks and then once verified Interac was disabled and the minimum transfer by wire is $100k. They require preauthorized bank withdrawal rights to deposit. IE you tell them how much you want to deposit and they PULL it from your bank account, hopefully only in the amount and time you asked them to do it. How dodgy is that? What about getting money out? You have to hope they have active banking access at the time you plan to do your withdrawal.

How many other exchanges take cash deposits and how many have been hacked, How many have been hacked this month even? Look at any reddit thread and every exchange is full of complaints about money withdrawn that never arrived, 2FA suddenly failed, Bitcoin transferred in that never arrived or accounts hacked. You would think they are all in the middle of an Exit Scam if you read any of the reviews and complaints on twitter.

Your options right now are Goldmoney, Be American with full access to Coinbase, or risk your money in an exchange that could disappear at any moment.

At least these onerous verification requirements actually enable Goldmoney to actually have access to banking, unlike almost every other exchange out there.