Comments

• paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 231 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Good job!
    XAU price should respond hopefully
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 677 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I note that the the Company is now profitable for the first nine months. Hopefully the fourth quarter will not disappoint and we will see our first profitable year. What impresses me most, however, is how much stronger the balance sheet has become since the IPO just a couple of years ago. I applaud the way management protects the enterprise long term while still being able to take advantage of short-term opportunities (very impressive gains on crypto assets, for example).

The next four to six months should see initiatives now in the works (Goldmoney China, Mene, and ColdBlocks) become reality. Each of these has serious profit potential and it will be fun to see how they do.

For those of us who invested for the long term, the results of the third quarter are most reassuring. Well done all!
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,630 Admin
    @GrandpaBrian Agree Gramps! And very thrilled with these results. Amazing what this team has accomplished for such a young company
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 677 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    The Feb 1 short selling report shows clearly that short selling has spiked over the past couple weeks. This happens periodically. It seems one or more hedge funds uses their weight to hit the stock and shake out the little guys or the short term holders. Fear and doubt spreads. Then the shorts cover their bets and move on to other targets. It's just part of the game.

As we say in hockey, if you can't take a solid bodycheck once in awhile, maybe it's not your game.
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,753 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great quarter report! What would be impressive is for the share price to reflect.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 72 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Great news!! I hope the stock price goes lower.

I think my favorite part of the release is this:

" I am also proud of the fact that our senior management team, the majority of which continues to accept a $1 cash salary in lieu of deferred equity in the business"

That says a lot.
  • tamayoktamayok Posts: 16 Tin ✭
    Great report indeed. It's a huge shame that the stock traded like it did today; goes to show that the market doesn't distinguish between great stocks/news when other big 'macro' concerns are in play (today was the dollar up, fear of the US FED taking over, fear of rising bond yields, fear of interest rate hikes... bottom line, fear... enough of it to quickly make the herd think winds of change have taken over).

I know this is a great company and a great opportunity -- which leads to me believe it will eventually turn into something great for shareholders. But if we just entered a 'bear market', it could be a long time before we get to enjoy this.

A bit of personal history, My dad bought $10k worth of AMZN at my insistence in '99. He paid $113 per share that day in December '99. Not too long after, the market collapsed. He asked me to sell it a few years later ('03), it was $62-64 per share. Now AMZN, after a split is at $1430 per share. I've had my share of good fortunes (TSLA at $27, ACAD at $2, AMAVF at $9, YUM at $29, MSFT at $27, ETH/Ethereum at $14-20) but also a few huge painful/mistakes (JNUG $23 still holding now $14, NTRZ-RIBT $4 now $1, IDRA $5 now $1, DRL $3 now $0) -- bottom line, my guess is as good as anyone else.

Once thing seems clear, we have some great people in charge of the Company and great tech/vision. It SHOULD pay off.
    @tamayok thanks for weighing in here! This was a smashingly good quarter. There are so many exciting things to look forward to here :)
  • PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 246 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    I've always thought Goldmoney would prosper in a bear market as investors look to gold for a safe place to ride out the storm. I've been accumulating over the last week. We may see a dead cat bounce on Monday but we are well overdue for a correction in the market.
    @Powerlunchmoney,

"Goldmoney would prosper in a bear market as investors look to gold", I concur. I also think the Goldmoney brand/innovation will be more evident as time goes by as those same people look for alternatives and assimilate the difference between allocated gold and non-allocated (like GLD etf).

We shall be in the perfect spot, as shareholders and gold owners, as some of the main fiat currencies (esp. the 'almighty US dollar') begin to face their ultimate fate.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 474 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Just bought more XAUMF on this discount, and some more gold.
    I would hope that if the stock market is deflating, interest in gold should be going back up. I agree with most of you on this discussion that GoldMoney has great potential.
    I think that was smart @RocketDog.

I hope we hear soon on the future NYSE listing of the stock and sense the team is heavy at work in China.
    Just purchased the 2nd gold ring for my wife at Mene. Wonderful experience, great price and absolutely exquisite... Mene could definitely turn out to be a great venture.
    @tamayok if you are willing to share some pictures I would love to see!