GAU Unit Option for Deposits, Redemptions, Transactions

79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
This has been mentioned on this discussion board before, but I think it is worth bringing up again especially since I want it. B)

Currently all transactions are made in terms of the local currency and then converted to GAU (g Au or grams of gold) . I would like to have the option of specifying deposits, redemptions, and transactions in GAU and then letting Aurum convert to local currency. In this way, for example, I could specify a recurring deposit of 1.01 GAU and know that, after the 1% transaction fee has been applied, I would have exactly 1g of gold added to the vault of my choice. Also true for one-time deposits and redemptions. This would facilitate a true gold-centric payments system, whereby the common exchange unit would be the GAU. Value in GAU would remain constant while the amount in the local currency on either side of the transaction would float.

This ought to be extremely easy to implement and I am surprised that it wasn't done initially. Is there perhaps a legal reason why this wasn't implemented?

Comments