BitGold For Business - What are you excited for?

MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
We have had many users ask us about opening a business account on BitGold, and we are very excited to be offering this option soon! We wanted to ask our Community members--If you had a business, what features would you be looking for? If you have a business, what are you most looking forward to with BitGold For Business?

Comments

• solargoldsolargold Posts: 115 Copper ✭✭
    The most interesting for me is the ability to do cross-border trade with much less friction than traditional means. This is possible, at low-cost, using BitCoin, but the "know your customer" aspect of BitGold, makes it much easier from a "legitimacy" perspective (and also backed by real gold).

I'm hoping that BitGold for Business will maintain no-cost sending and receiving of payments!
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Melanie Business is mainly dealings with transacting goods on sellers end and payments on buyers end.
    I like the ideas such as -
    1). "Payment On Hold" tab "Release Payment" tab as a standing instruction for many payments on queues for settlement.
    2) "Payment" tab as direct payment to seller bank account, to seller bitgold account and other tabs such as alibaba/aliexpress, e-bay, paypal
    3) "Receiving" tab with senders information Delivery Order No.(if any)and Invoice information(if any) but not compulsory for transaction reference,
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Melanie

I will reply as a consumer. Websites should be able to offer a "Pay with BitGold" icon in the same way as they offer "Pay with PayPal."
  • golden_grgolden_gr Posts: 664 Bronze ✭✭✭
    79Au197 said:

@Melanie

I will reply as a consumer. Websites should be able to offer a "Pay with BitGold" icon in the same way as they offer "Pay with PayPal."

@Melanie , @79Au197 what about for a "Subscribe" button (icon) similar that PayPal have?
    Just think how many online business (and sites) are using this feature.
    If in your plans is BitGold became the new PayPal, maybe you have to think seriously about.
    @Melanie if i correct remember Mr. @Darrell MacMullin is also former head of PayPal Canada. I'm sure that he knows better :)

Also a "Donation" button (icon) would be nice too ;)
    @golden_gr @Melanie

Good point, I am sure that @Darrell must have many good ideas.

@golden_gr by "Subscribe" do you mean sign up for a BitGold account?
  • golden_grgolden_gr Posts: 664 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @79Au197
    No! I mean the "Subscribe" button, that allows to subscribe in an online service for example.
    @Melanie

Where do Payments stand for the US market. Are BitGold lawyers having to go state-by-state?

Has GoldMoney | BitGold management discussed this publicly? If so can you provide a link?
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @79Au197, to my recollection it has not come up in any interviews or articles. We are anticipating a launch of payments in the USA this year . In the meantime, don't forget that you can send the #GiftOfGold to friends and family!
  • MR_LAVOIEMR_LAVOIE Posts: 25 Copper ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Yeah....I just signed up for the beta....Looking forward to see whats in store for the first release of features.

https://bitgold.com/business

Who wouldn't want to get paid in Gold? ;-)
  • chronoshiftchronoshift Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    1. Fully integrated API for one time payments and subscriptions (varying recurring subscription prices, cancel subscription, refund subscription, etc)

2. INSTANT signup, purchase gold and send gold without having to wait for a verification period before payment goes through and/or NO signup requirement when paying for website service/goods.

Instant signup scenario: customer reaches your checkout page, has various options, decides to choose to pay by bitgold but doesn't have a bitgold account nor a bitgold balance. customer has to fill in his details and quickly purchases bitgold with creditcard or ach transfer and it's immediately sent to seller, and seller's website is notified via API and customer gains his subscription instantly. A bitgold account is created for him with the details/credentials he entered during the checkout process. He can then continue to verify his account afterwards if he wants to continue using bitgold, however his initial purchase towards the merchant was INSTANT. This is the only way this will catch on.

No signup scenario: customer reaches your checkout page, decides to choose to pay by bitgold, puts in his creditcard info or ach info and buys gold which is immediately sent to merchant and customer has finished checkout. The transaction has gone through instantly however no bitgold account was created for the customer.

3. Higher Mastercard limits - Running a successful business with Bitgold transactions will create the necessity for increased limits from 600$/day to at least 2500$ a day like Paxum or Payoneer, or even more!

4. Affiliate/employee payouts - This ties in with the increased limits. Payoneer is huge because of businesses sending out payoneer debit cards and paying out affiliates that withdraw their money using those debit cards. This will be hard to do with 600$/day limits as many affiliates make more money than that.
  • solargoldsolargold Posts: 115 Copper ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @Melanie
    Will the Business account take into account the chargeback issue you commented on here?
    i.e. A merchant cannot risk being charged back after having sent goods to a customer.
    @solargold The process for chargebacks, disputes, etc. will all be outlined for Business Account holders in the coming weeks!
  • aldenrheinealdenrheine Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I'm hoping that BitGold for Business will maintain no-cost sending and receiving of payments!
  • ShadowsRevealedShadowsRevealed Posts: 83 Copper ✭✭
    BitGold sent out an email two days ago breaking down the additional features of the business platform. These are fantastic additions to the platform. Here is my favorite part

"You shouldn’t have to pay to pay your employees. Send gold for free to any employee, anywhere in the world. There are no monthly fees, minimum payments, foreign exchange exposure or cross boarder transaction fees"

Thats incredible. So if someone lives in the US, and contracts in the EU, they can be paid in a very simple, cost effective way. Excellent addition. Well done.
  • PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 235 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm most excited for:
    • platform integration into large e-commerce sites like eBay or etsy
    • A large company to pay gold dividends with Payouts, and one day, that company will be Goldmoney!
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
  • sweethomesgroupsweethomesgroup Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    edited July 2016
    very great idea thank you very much

[Moderator edit: Irrelevant link removed]
  • TimKTimK Posts: 74 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure this is needed. It seems like an awful lot of work. I convert half of my business cash now to gold. I just buy it and hold in my account. I leave enough operating capital for a month to month but the rest gets converted.
    If I have a return i'm not sure how this would work
    @TimK

Redeem your gold if or as needed to your bank or GoldMoney Prepaid Card.

NEVER MIND - I misunderstood you. You have a Personal account and are wondering about the advantages of a Goldmoney Business account. Take a look at https://www.bitgold.com/business

If you have international customers or a web-based business it may make more sense and save you money.
  • eexuseexus Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    edited July 2016

1. Fully integrated API for one time payments and subscriptions (varying recurring subscription prices, cancel subscription, refund subscription, etc)

2. INSTANT signup, purchase gold and send gold without having to wait for a verification period before payment goes through and/or NO signup requirement when paying for website service/goods.

I second what @chronoshift said.

1.) – A fully integrated #API for subscription based #SaaS businesses would be awesome. With similar #subscription functionality to that of Stripe. Your 1% transaction fee is way better than that of Stripe and many other competitors. Also it would be a great solution for preforming #micropayments, we have been waiting for #Stripe to introduce a pricing structure for that but they have yet to do so. I currently have a saas business that is built using Stripes API and their transaction fees are waaaay too high. I would consider changing over to you guys if you offered the full range of subscription based functionality.

Since payments would be deposited into the business account in Gold, I would expect their to be some sort of advanced tax consolidation tool to calculate the appropriate gains/losses in value over that company's fiscal month/quarter/year for reporting purposes.

2.) – Similar to what @chronoshift said, I would allow customers to make normal payments to your business using their traditional credit card info. No need to create a bit gold account. Obviously bit gold would preform the transaction and deposit the equivalent in gold into the company's BitGold account.

3.) – #Opensource admin. The one thing I always wanted from stripe was an ability to customize or add functionality on top of their existing admin area. As a saas business, we have Stripe to manage our subscriptions/payment stuff, another admin to manage our own online services for our customers, and another admin to manage our #CRM. If there was an open source version of your payment admin area, we would fork it and build our business functionality onto of it and have 1 overall admin area. That would be awesome.
  • eexuseexus Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    How would paying your employees work using BitGold? Would you still subtract the appropriate taxes, CPP costs, etc. and then send the remainder that you would normally deposit into their bank account into their BitGold account? What happens to the original deductions (CPP, tax etc)? Is that handled through another service?

... Side note: I hate you guys changed the name to GoldMoney. :'( I know they've been around forever but they have such a traditional stigma to their brand. BitGold was very forward looking and edgy. I'm a branding guy and it kills me every time I see it. lol
    Paying employees in gold.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,559 Admin
    @nigelmarkdias that sounds great! Many Goldmoney employees get paid in gold already!
    edited July 2016
    @eexus

Not GoldMoney … Goldmoney (lower case 'm')

Needed to get away from the confusion with and stigma of Bitcoin

Branding IS important and BitGold was and would continue to be a great brand if not fit Bitcoin.

But since the purpose of Goldmoney is to return gold to its usefulness as money, I think that Goldmoney is a great choice. B)

Aurumoney? Oromoney? Aumoney? Not so so much. :#
    Hi @eexus - thanks for the suggestions! Regarding paying employees, it works exactly the same as a typical payout system, so you would deduct the applicable amounts from the total prior to sending and then send the remainder via BitGold rather than by bank transfer. You would handle the deductions as you always have, we do not offer a service that allows you to transfer those.

Oddly most people are happy to hear the new name! I have an attachment to 'BitGold' but we are excited to fully be 'Goldmoney'!
  • RandianZealotRandianZealot Posts: 18 Tin ✭
    I'm just excited about being able to invoice my freelance writing clients with only a 2% charge (1% to them, 1% to me) as opposed to Paypal's 2.4% + $0.30 per transaction.
    I'm just excited about being able to invoice my freelance writing clients with only a 2% charge (1% to them, 1% to me) as opposed to Paypal's 2.4% + $0.30 per transaction.
    That's great @RandianZealot
  • optiopti Posts: 34 Tin ✭

Wie kann man "Payment Buttons" mit einem persoenlichen Konto machen? Wenn ich ein Businesskonto oeffnen moechte, werde ich auf mein persoenliches Konto umgeleited ... wie geht das nun, und was soll ich tun?