Using Transferwise to escape foreign exchange fees

Is there anyway I can use Transferwise to make a deposit on my BitGold account? Just trying to escape the fees from other methods.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm new here, go easy on me :blush:
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    No idea about depositing using Transferwise. @Melanie, please help.
    Thank you, @bitrageous
    Just learned about Transferwise from you.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @bitrageous there are no "dumb questions", only "dumb people". But the mere fact that you have a BitGold account and have joined this Community means that you most definitely not dumb. Unless of course you actually are unable to talk, in which case you are dumb and please accept my apologies for belittling you, but I hope that you at least have mad pinball skills.

And it was a JOKE anyway. A cruel, tasteless, insensitive, politically incorrect joke that … wait what was I taking about?

Anyway welcome aboard. B)
  • bitrageousbitrageous Posts: 16 Tin ✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys! BitGold seems like a great solution to keep our hard-earned wealth from greedy banks and governments. I successfully deposited with bitcoins paying significantly less in fees, but the unfortunate Dubai vault limitations were a bit disappointing.

Transferwise seems like a great way of circumventing oppressive international wire transfer fees (which can be quite high depending on the country of origin). If we could merge these two great ideas, world peace would be within our reach.
  • valankarvalankar Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Hello, is TransferWise still not supported at this time? I would like to deposit funds via TransferWise, but I know incoming transfers will have an account name of something like "TransferWise Ltd on behalf of MY NAME".
  • kboxkbox Posts: 22 Copper ✭✭
    I was able to transfer using Transferwise to Goldmoney's RBC account. But Goldmoney will have to verify the source of the funds so they will need to see that the Transferwise account is yours.
  • Xuser01Xuser01 Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    kbox said:

I was able to transfer using Transferwise to Goldmoney's RBC account. But Goldmoney will have to verify the source of the funds so they will need to see that the Transferwise account is yours.

Did you link your TransferWise account to your GM holding? And in which currency did you transfer? Was the "Payment Reference" transported?