Help Goldmoney With The Next Marketing Campaign!

AlexDeluceAlexDeluce Posts: 30
edited October 2016 in About Goldmoney
Dear Goldmoney Community,

I have an exciting invitation exclusively for the community! With the successful brand unification in the dust, I would love for you all to participate in our next marketing campaign by writing your story! I’d like to open this post by first thanking you for all your support and how active you are in growing, fueling and helping us facilitate this community. We are grateful to have you be part of the team. As the best examples of the Goldmoney network, I would like to exclusively invite you to participate in our next marketing campaign.

As a part of the marketing squad here at Goldmoney, we’re always working on ways to get our message & mission across to the world.

It isn’t an easy task to get over the hump of understanding gold's utility for payments and savings. However, you, our community, already understand how epochal gold can be in your life.

Over the next few days here in the community, let's work together to think about some unique ways we have used the platform, and the meaning behind it. In 2-3 paragraphs, tell us:

• Why you signed up with Goldmoney?
• What was the feeling you had the first time you used the platform?
• What do you use it for today?
• What are 3 words you would use to describe Goldmoney?
• Please send us a photo of you with your Goldmoney t-shirt, using your Goldmoney Card or with physical gold you have redeemed!

Share with us the way you use Goldmoney on a more intimate level. A quick example, I recently was out with a few friends for dinner, and one of my buddies forgot his wallet. Instead of the awkward “I’ll pay you back” situation, he sent me gold to my Goldmoney account through the mobile app, instantly. Seamless, quick and so much more pleasant than paying someone back with money.

Let’s hear your stories! We will contact you about permission to use your personal story in the campaign!

I look forward to reading all your messages.

We are in this mission together : )

Alex Deluce
& @ParisG

PS – after submitting your story, email me at [email protected] and I will send you a t-shirt if you don't already have one!

Comments

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,074 Admin
    edited August 2016
    Since @GoldIsCurrency covered this so well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet....

I signed up for Goldmoney because I had been looking for something like this for years, although I didn't know that until I saw it. Once I saw the initial campaign, there was no hesitation, just said to myself "Self, yep, this is it."

The first time I used the platform was total exhilaration. It was like the first time I used napster. That experience was... What?? I can have any song that's ever been made in the world almost immediately?? This experience was... What??? I can just instantly buy any amount of gold I want and have it stored and insured for FREE????

I use Goldmoney to gift people and to transact purchases but also to educate people about gold and why we all need to go back to using it again. I use it to inform and educate people I care about or people that want to learn.

The 3 words I would to describe Goldmoney are :

"I love you"

Or more practically

"Re monetizing gold"

Okay maybe that's 2 words.

These two pictures were taken on "The Goldmoney T shirt tour, San Francisco editon."

The first one is of Lombard Street.

Conversation overheard...

Lombard street ambassador: "Lombard Street is the 2nd most crooked street in the world."

Random tourist: "What's the 1rst most crooked??"

Lombard street ambassador: "Duh, Wallstreet!!"

• GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,820 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GoldMatters Thank you hermano, very kind of you!

Reading yours made me realize I forgot provide three words to describe Goldmoney.

Goldmoney description to me in three words.... Personal Gold Standard.
  • TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 109 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Peter Schiff said so.

Easy to use. Minimal research needed to understand what's going on. Trust Schiff.

Initial deposit only. Waiting for CAD card and MINT support to increase savings, try micropayments and advocate to larger group of friends and family.

Disruptive, Transparent, Fascinating

• Please send us a photo of you with your Goldmoney t-shirt, using your Goldmoney Card or with physical gold you have redeemed!
    No shirt yet.

One obvious word of caution... this explosive growth looks interesting, but beware that massive growth can work against you, too. Look what recently happened with LendingLoop, their p2p lending got sent into regulator hell once their boom in loans started to threaten banks. If anything threatens banks, this will, as we move out of the system and into a parallel system. Noone loses their money but the website and mechanisms are forced to stop. Good luck with that.
    edited August 2016
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Goldmoney: the Central Bank of Grandpa Brian.

Goldmoney is to gold what Apple was to computers: Personal power in an elegant design paradigm.

From birthday gifts of gold to my grandchildren to paying hotel rooms while visiting a castle in Ireland to protecting my savings, Goldmoney does the trick in style.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrandpaBrian said "Goldmoney is to gold what Apple was to computers: Personal power in an elegant design paradigm."

Agreed. I have often thought that myself complete with the Steve/Steve Roy/Josh comparison.

@AlexDeluce and @ParisG - I just stumbled upon this and will respond in more detail over the weekend
  • drjadelgadodrjadelgado Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    • Why you signed up with Goldmoney? It was three years ago to protect my savings from currency devaluation ( First I bought Gold and after that I changed inside Goldmoney to Silver Vault)
    • What was the feeling you had the first time you used the platform? Confidence and security
    • What do you use it for today? Today I have added to my Goldmoney-Wealth account my Personal Account.
    • What are 3 words you would use to describe Goldmoney? Simplicity, Focus , Customer-Mindset
  • LPDLPD Posts: 28 Tin ✭
    I haggled some friends and family members of mine to buy an ounce of gold together. We wanted to keep track of the portion each person owned in the ounce and we would use a ledger to pay each other back for things like golf, lunch, gas money etc. Right when we were about to buy the gold and put it in someones mattress I stumbled upon Bitgold. To my surprise they already had created a perfect platform to not only keep my brother in law honest (he was going to manage the ledger), but also to extend our network of trading out indefinitely!

Sadly, sending gold between accounts in our part of the US still isn't functional, but that didn't stop me from getting a few of us signed up and ready to go. Once that feature is on-line for us poor Americans then we will be running on all cylinders.

In the mean-time I have been pleased to find out how easy it is to save in and spend from my Goldmoney account. I carry the card with me wherever I go and show it off to whoever will listen.

When I think of Goldmoney I think, transparency, innovation, and security.

I just realized I am late to the party.

Oh well.
    @LPD On the contrary friend.... The party hasn't even begun ;)
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LPD you can never be late to a never-ending party >:)
  • KlausKlaus Posts: 102 Copper ✭✭

Centuries-old saving in gold added to easy-to-use medium of exchange. That makes it using real money in the 21st century

Bit exciting and bit hesitating, but convinced to do what must be done

Wealth preservation with timing access to it

Wealth preservation, medium of exchange, link to universal acceptance...TRUE MODERN MONEY
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    My eldest daughter just opened her account & made her first deposit.
    No "friendly persuasion"; no gift of gold.
    She read some blog posts, watched some Goldmoney videos, searched Roy & Josh's bios...
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Here you go @AlexDeluce & @ParisG
    Curiosity. Saw an ad. Signed up to find out more.
    Relief: it actually works
    Saving
    Honest, sound money
    Personal gold standard
    Please send me a T-shirt :)
    My eldest daughter just opened her account & made her first deposit.
    No "friendly persuasion"; no gift of gold.
    She read some blog posts, watched some Goldmoney videos, searched Roy & Josh's bios...
    Have a look: