Prepaid card

Hi,

I have loaded my prepaid USD card balance, and once it was confirmed made a purchase for that amount. My card is now showing that it has a negative balance on the card?

Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Melanie see comment by @BitMan101 above. Is that even possible?
  • Gerb00Gerb00 Posts: 21 Tin ✭
    I was making a purchase using the card, the person inputting the card tried several times before realizing a PIN was required. Then the card was declined. I have emailed and called multiple times, its always its not my job, call ? Its very annoying.

How do you transfer money off the card back into my bitGold account?
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 511 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @BitMan101 I want to know the reason the card had a negative balance.
    @Gerb00

Assuming the card is not locked, just use your card to make a vault deposit.
  • truraveltruravel Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    July 21 ask my prepaid card and never came. I was told to wait longer and not get the prepaid card again had to ask the card.
    The second request for the prepaid card charge me. The second card on request on September 20 and still not come. I hope to pay for the card if you send me. I do not understand how they operate with money and are not able to deliver a card.
    @Melanie - please see post by @truravel above
  • FactboyFactboy Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    When will New Zealand dollars be an option on the prepaid card so I can use it in kiwiland.
    Am I right that you have to top up the card with sufficient funds (before you know how much money you're going to spend) to be able to use the card?
    Is it free to top up the card, and only a 1% charge for using the card to purchase items
    @Factboy

Currently you are correct about the need to top up the card, but that step could probably be done real time between determining the amount you need and actually paying for it.

Additionally you can also deposit using the card to flush fiat back to gold.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @truravel as we let you know at the end of September, your card has been reissued. The cards are sent by regular post, and depending on your region there can be potential for delivery error. Unfortunately we cannot control this, but we do offer the ability to select an inexpensive courier option when requesting your card if your local mail service may be unreliable.
  • truraveltruravel Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    @Melanie in September 20 page that sent me another card and neither it.
    @truravel Here is the shipping timeline we provided in our email to you dated September 20, 2016.

"We have reissued a Goldmoney Prepaid MasterCard to the address on your Goldmoney profile.

Please allow 20-25 business days in order to receive your Goldmoney Prepaid MasterCard as these cards are sent from our UK supplier via regular post and can take some time to arrive depending on your location in the world and the reliability of your local postal service."

Your region typically experiences longer shipment times, which were outlined in this message. We are still within the expected shipping timeframe.
    I was making a purchase using the card, the person inputting the card tried several times before realizing a PIN was required. Then the card was declined. I have emailed and called multiple times, its always its not my job, call ? Its very annoying.

I still have not received an answer if my card is unlocked. As of now I am not confident that your prepaid cards are reliable. All other bank cards have a number on the back that can be called 24/7 for any issue. The number on the back of your prepaid cards are a UK number which I can not call. There are other numbers for support on this web site but they are available for very limited hours, in addition when I did get thru the response was that is not my job, call ****.

I also left a message here earlier regarding this issue and was once again informed that it is not my job I sent off a mail to **** who should help you.

For a company that issues prepaid cards and wants customers to use them your support is nothing short of useless so far. Why would I want to use one of your prepaid cards.
    @Gerb00 We responded to your email on October 6th letting you know that the card and PIN are fine. You had responded to this message advising you would try the card again elsewhere, but make sure to top up your balance first!