Critical Improvements Needed for Gold Money

We very much believe in Gold Money and your initiatives.

However, there are very important security and general improvements needed with your website, support systems, and your payment interfaces for it to work well for us and for us to have confidence in it.

This is coming from very experienced software engineers.

-You are including the entire email chain and also unrelated communication in your support responses by email. Only the most recent response should be included. This is such a problem that we are not even going to contact you by email any longer.

-You are referencing scripts from other websites with the webpage that the Pay button is linked to. You should not be referencing any scripts outside of your own website. This is a huge security concern and it creates a very poor impression of Gold Money like you are a cheap website. That is how it comes across to us. Do not underestimate the value of the advice we are giving you.

For example you are linking to Add Roll, and Crazy Egg through the pay button. This is simply wrong. Do not do this. Remove these. You should be aware of Internet security and best practices.

-You need a traditional payment API which which uses POST parameters and a script we can call on your Web server and a call back for a successful payment. The way it works now is sloppy, and often does not work right through Firefox. We are not happy with what you currently offer. This is the most important thing you need to do.

-Several times when we go to the Gold Money website and log into our account, the page does not display and we have to reload it. We use Firefox.

- The next most important improvement is how to encourage the service to be used for payments for business. So far we have not received any payments and certainly the above items are contributing to it. If someone is funding their account with a credit card, what are the actual fees involved from converting from cash to gold. Maybe some of those fees should be passed on to the merchant in order to remove any fees for the customer.

Comments

• BugBug Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    There are serious problems that I have encountered as an account holder here. I'm not tech savvy like the software engineers that have posted above, but it's obvious even to me that this platform is not working properly. I've made several attempts to link my chequing account to my Goldmoney account, without success. I have contacted the bank that holds my chequing account, and everything I had done met their requirements. Gold money support is a farce, the 2-3 business day response time is a complete deception, and I have waited 6 business days to get a reply. The reply I recieved was useless, told me to try the process again, no investigation, no inquiries, no other suggestions. There is no provision to speak with tech support via phone at Goldmoney, so instead you may wait 6 business for a useless email response.
    I have also attempted to use the referral program, and that link was never received by the intended recipient, despite several attempts. There are some serious problems with the Goldmoney platform, and they are giving me no indication that they are addressing these problems.
    This is a RED FLAG. I love the concept of Goldmoney, but have lost confidence in their ability to manage this properly. I am a customer and owner (shareholder) of Goldmoney and was an early adopter last year when it went public. I will sell my shares and look for an alternative gold backed banking system. For those interested " BullionVault" is worth checking out as an alternative to Goldmoney.
  • CraigCraig Posts: 33 Copper ✭✭
    Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to forward this through the appropriate channels for prompt review. Being that we are an online platform with many different and diverse elements to our system, we are constantly striving to optimize our platform as well as our services to ensure you have a great experience at Goldmoney. This is a high priority for us, and I'm sorry to hear your own personal experiences have been less than stellar. I hope that going forward we are able to resolve your issues promptly, and to your satisfaction. Stay tuned!

@Bug I have reached out to you concerning your particular case and look forward to a reply at your convenience.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Craig @Melanie , as an early adopter, long time board contributor, and share holder I am sympathetic to the need for Goldmoney to constrain costs by eliminating phone support. However I propose that the elimination of phone support was ill-advised particularly for the Goldmoney Network Business accounts.

Goldmoney is competing against both established financial institutions and other precious metals based services. Personally I am a very patient and forgiving person who is not trying to run a business using Goldmoney as my payments system. If I were, I am sure that my patience would be wearing thin having to correspond via email.

Please add my comments and concerns to those above.
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,784 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @79Au197 I agree. My thought is that Business Accounts should have a dedicated customer service rep with a phone number the same as a Wealth Account.
  • Sierra_ChartSierra_Chart Posts: 6 Tin ✭
    What Gold Money needs to do in order to encourage customers of a business to pay through Gold Money and for businesses to use Gold Money to accept payments is as follows:

When the user on an e-commerce website wants to check out, one of the payment options would be Gold Money and we can then redirect them to the Gold Money payment page and specify an amount to be paid. The customer can then pay using a credit card in that exact amount and they do not need to have a Gold Money account. Then that amount gets converted to gold and put into our business account. The user should also have the option to open a Gold Money account. This is going to strongly encourage more use of your service and be supportive of gold as money in general.
    @Sierra_Chart re: post immediately above - I believe the functionality exists now (but I have been wrong before)

PS "Goldmoney" not "Gold Money" - just being pedantic
    @GoldIsCurrency said

"Business Accounts should have a dedicated customer service rep with a phone number the same as a Wealth Account."

@Melanie ? @Darrell ?
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 511 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    At the Goldmoney AGM in Toronto they did mention they were committed to providing good customer service. I believe they have plans to ramp it it. We have to remember this company is not yet 2 years old. Rome was not built in a day. We need to take a deep breath and wait. Good things are coming.
    @Pinkdog said
    Pinkdog said:

We have to remember this company is not yet 2 years old.

• EllevieEllevie Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    6 days to receive a response from customer service is just not good customer service. On top of that the responses I received did not answer my query. Is there only one person doing customer servi?
    I wanted to add more money from an account overseas but cant yet figure out how to use another credit card... At this point,inasmuch as the customer service seems non-existent, I am having second thoughts...
  • goldwisdom710goldwisdom710 Posts: 4 Tin ✭
  • blujimboblujimbo Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    Dear Admin -

I am brand new and am disappointed but hopeful. While I certainly understand the project is never "done," I am dismayed at the current state of the check out process.

I will refrain from suggestions, but the OP of this thread made some very good observations that don't appear to be addressed here yet.

I have a few questions about the immediate future:

1. Is there a plan in place for more advanced integration on websites? i.e., custom code/buttons and/or web hooks for users that already use secure pages?
    2. Is it even possible for Goldmoney to get a Stripe extension? I would gladly pay the Stripe fee and the fee at Goldmoney for web based transactions. I might even be willing to develop it. ;)

Thanks and I look forward to your response.
  • blujimboblujimbo Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    edited December 2016
    I just noticed that API is "Coming Soon" on the account comparison page. So that answers all my above questions.

One more: When is "soon" ? :)