Deposit hasn't come through as of yet?

hey hello GM team and community,

i would just like to know is it normal for deposits to take longer than the recommended deposit time 24-48 hours?

if not, i'm just having a bit of a problem.

Someone please help as i'm relatively new to the platform and i'm not sure if it is a fault on my side or GM.

Best Answer

Answers

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,996 Admin
    It is not uncommon for this to occur. What was your funding source? Credit card etc...
  • FebruaryBadyFebruaryBady Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    Debit Card and it has been 3 days from the 7th.
  • FiveeyeFiveeye Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Me too it's been four days from the 6th. I used AHC.
  • UvasUvas Posts: 680 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    It maybe business days, so you have to wait longer over the weekend.
  • charmitacharmita Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I was wondering about that too. I chose the bank account option as it seemed the best fees-wise. Is that so or is CC / DC the same but faster?
  • icemaniceman Posts: 20 Tin ✭
    My deposit was made on the 5th Oct. and it`s still pending.
    Seems the system is not working very well at the moment as I have redemptions in the pipeline as well.
    It seems very confused at the present time. An explanation on why these delays happen would be very useful.
  • icemaniceman Posts: 20 Tin ✭
    Just had an email reply from Melanie pointing out to me that it was Thanksgiving day in Canada yesterday and that my deposit would be activated today.
  • MurphyMurphy Posts: 98 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on mine to since the 6th hopefully goes through today. Makes sense monday was a holiday in Canada
  • KasimirKasimir Posts: 10 Tin ✭
    I have the same issue, sent an bank wire last week and it is still pending... Last time I sent an amount from the same bank it was cleared within 32 hours from wiring the cash.
  • donCarlosOnedonCarlosOne Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    still waiting on my debit card deposit to be confirmed since early morning october 7. took mere seconds for the money to leave my bank account.
    I don't want to complain too much, but things have slowed down quite a bit at Bitgold/Goldmoney. A creditcard deposit used to be handled within 12 hours (sometimes within 2 hours), my international wire transfer deposits used to be handled within 24-48 hours and loading my prepaid mastercard used to be done within 1 hour (sometimes 5-10 minutes).

Even though it is still within the limits that are stated in the supporting documents, its going in the wrong direction and certain procedures (like loading your prepaid mastercard) should NOT take more then an hour. I don't know how the day-to-day operations are, but there is room for automation so that things are done immediately, like loading the prepaid master card.

And when sending a support mail, the last thing I want to read is:
    ...our current response time is between 3-5 business days...

You already got rid of your phone support, so in theory a lot of resources should now be available towards the email support...

Like I said before, I love the whole concept of Bitgold/Goldmoney and I believe you guys must be doing quite well, but your response and processing times are awful and getting worst, the forum is the only place that is doing well... I suggested before something like a live support chat (in englisch and for funded customers only) that can be used for urgent matters.

When recommending Goldmoney to my friends, I always have to caution them that processing and response times are very long, which doesn't shine a bright light on the company.
  • MurphyMurphy Posts: 98 Bronze ✭✭✭
    mine went through, wish i had more disposable income looks like gold might dip further here.
    Murphy said:

mine went through, wish i had more disposable income looks like gold might dip further here.

Good to hear that... Still waiting for my deposit to clear, hopefully tomorrow... I already sent a support email with the wire transfer details, maybe that helps speed things up ;)
  • donCarlosOnedonCarlosOne Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    morning of the 13th now ... and still no confirmation from my deposit on the 7th.
    Come on guys, my deposit from the 5th is still pending, still no answer on my support email that I sent on the 10th ... My cash should have been on your accounts now already for atleast 3 business days, how long does it take to get the gold?
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kasimir As mentioned in the email I have just sent to you, since your wire was actually sent on the 7th, and North America had a long weekend, we are currently on the 3rd business day. International wires can take up to 5 business days to arrive, so the funds should be arriving shortly, but they have unfortunately not yet arrived.
    edited October 2016
    Melanie said:

@Kasimir As mentioned in the email I have just sent to you, since your wire was actually sent on the 7th, and North America had a long weekend, we are currently on the 3rd business day. International wires can take up to 5 business days to arrive, so the funds should be arriving shortly, but they have unfortunately not yet arrived.

@Melanie Thank for your reply, so if I understand you correctly, the cash has not even arrived yet?
    Good news @Kasimir - I asked my operations team to notify me when you wire arrived and I've just received a note from them. The funds will be applied momentarily.
    Melanie said:

Good news @Kasimir - I asked my operations team to notify me when you wire arrived and I've just received a note from them. The funds will be applied momentarily.

That is such a relief, thank you @Melanie, you are a lifesaver as usual... I was about to call the bank, to see if something went wrong.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,996 Admin
    Thats why she is TLM :) @Melanie
  • MacvMacv Posts: 4 Tin ✭
    @Melanie - I'm not sure if this is where to ask this or not, and if It is not I apologize BUT - I made My first small purchase of Gold almost 2 Days ago now and while the 5 percent Bonus was applied to My Account immediately - It has been almost one Day since the money was taken out of My Bank Account for the purchase - And yet I still do not have My Goldmoney Account showing the Gold as having been received.

My Goldmoney Transaction Log entry for the purchase has said pending for almost 2 Days now. Can You or anyone else for that matter tell Me how long It should take for My purchase to finally arrive ?
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,801 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hi @Macv. This question comes up on occasion. Most deposits will confirm near immediately but on occasion a 2 or 3 day delay can occur. The price you paid for the gold is locked in from the moment you click to finalize your deposit so need to worry about the change in gold price.

The "Pending" status is just waiting for Brinks to confirm back to Goldmoney that the gold has been physically moved within the Brinks vault to the Goldmoney locker/location within Brinks. Since the platform works with full transparency it will not confirm till the gold is physically there. As a regular depositor into my Goldmoney account I can see I noticed when there is a significant swing in gold price it appears as though the Brinks Vaults get maybe too busy as that is when I have noticed some delays with the final Confirmed status.
    TY - I was getting antsy as the weekend is coming up and I know Y'all don't work weekends. That said - I hope it shows up soon as I'm waiting to see it hit My Goldmoney Account before I make any other purchases (Obviously)...
    @Macv Yes, not to worry - the transfer of funds itself my take 1-3 business days, but your price is locked in.
    Affirmative but that said - I need to see the Gold before putting out more Money (And believe Me - I want to). So as today is Friday - If It doesn't happen today that means WHAT - Monday ?

IIRC - It took Goldmoney Inc. less than 12 Hours to take Money out of My Bank Account for this purchase though (LOL).

That stated - It should be noted that We only get one chance to make a first impression...

;)
    @Macv It appears as though Brinks has a limited staff working on weekends. So it could be Monday. Why worry so much. I recently had to wait 11 days for my local bank to simply clear a cheque into my bank account and I have been with them for 40 years...

My first impression of Goldmoney. They sell me gold cheaper than anybody else, by far. They store my gold for FREE. They insure my gold for FREE. I can redeem my gold into physical and have it delivered to my home. I can also spend my gold on the FREE prepaid card (revolutionary). Full transparency, outside auditor. Safest savings ever. 100 times safer than any bank.

As far as I am concerned the founders should receive a humanitarian award for providing citizens of the world a safe and extremely affordable platform to keep savings safe & liquid. Also away from the ugly government fiat system that is eroding purchasing power over time . How is that for a first impression...

So Y'all are doing High fives essentially Inferring "Chill - Its coming | And or | You're lucky that "We/They" do what "We/They do" ?

:o

OK - May be I'm not getting this at all. Lets be accurate then hall We ?

- I made My purchase on the 11th and GM Inc. took the Money out of My Account that Day.
    - My "Bonus" is in the Account but nothing else and It has been that way since the 11th.

My question then is this. On what Day do the powers that be around here Think It WILL be an Issue to begin worrying about ? I mean how long should one of Your Customers wait for Their Gold until Its thought there might be something amiss ?

The 19th ? The 22nd ? The 26th ? Uhhhmmm ?