Canadian Mastercard

When is the Canadian Mastercard going to be available?

Comments

• dboxtv_infodboxtv_info Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    I live in canada...my card does not work and it hss been 2 weeks of failure. Does this card i own work in quebec? I assure you ky
    Card does not work
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dboxtv_info - I have responded to your original comment here. Please do not cross-post comments on different discussions.
  • lonecowlonecow Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I am getting nervous with the state of the global financial system and feeling that I need to have quick access to my account without involving any banks. If I can't get a Canadian Master Card soon, I am considering to take delivery instead. I was told months ago that they are working on getting a Canadian Master Card. Can someone give me some time frames around when this will be available?
  • KayoKayo Posts: 9 Tin ✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi @Lonecow,

The CAD denominated Goldmoney Prepaid MasterCard is slated for an early 2017 release. Please stay tuned to our email blast and social media announcement for more information regarding the release of the CAD denominated card.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,054 Admin
    This is great news @Kayo :)
  • JamesTkirkJamesTkirk Posts: 23 Tin ✭
    Hi, its 2018.. almost 2019. Is the CAD pre-paid card available yet?
    Well we are half way through 2019. Any updates on the pre-paid card for Canadians and Americans?
    Arrggg. Come on goldmoney give us an answer. Soon glint will be here in Canada. Then what will you do?
  • kboxkbox Posts: 31 Copper ✭✭
    There must be some reason that Goldmoney is tight lipped about this. I can only hope that they are working on it. Although even if they are, they would not be rolling out an Australian debit card for me!
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 806 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing that they can't find a Mastercard provider in the states or Canada who are willing to take on the risk of working with (or just near) precious metals. The previous provider was from the EU. The EU ruled they could only offer their services in the EU. That is why they canceled the US/Canadian cards. When GB Brexits, then the Debit cards of the Brits will probably have to be canceled as well.
    Of course, I don't have any inside info. But I am pretty sure they would like to provide that service if they could, as we all see it as an important value-added. I would love to get rid of my bank accounts and bank cards and just use the Goldmoney one. But obviously I can't. It has also been a major setback to lose EFT capabilities with my US banks. It is more expensive and way less convenient to use Bank Wire, Credit or PayPal transfers.