Gold cubes to Australia

Has anyone had any gold cubes shipped to Australia? I am aware that there are not import taxes including duties or GST but has anyone redeemed physical yet into Australia and if so was it free of issues with the carrier and customs brokers etc??

Comments

• GoldenFlyGoldenFly Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    Hi Melanie..can you please help me with this?
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GoldenFly - unfortunately we do not provide advice on any potential customs fees because keeping track of up to date import policies for all countries around the world for different products is simply not feasible. Usually your national government will have online resources indicating any customs implications for specific types of product.
  • GoldenFlyGoldenFly Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    Hi Melanie,

Thanks and I do understand Goldmoneys position with regards to the overall customs complexities.

Could you please answer me this;

Is the shipping cost included in the invoice for customs and international border requirements with regards to money transfers....I.E the usual is for transfers of under $10,000 worth is free of declaration?? or is the Gold not a monetary worth and is treated as a commodity or product and therefore is not a transfer of money across borders.

Furthermore will Gage adequately complete the shipping documentation to display that the gold is, in fact, 99.99 bullion for the purposes of duties and taxes exemptions??

Thanks again
    The Fly
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    The documentation will declare the product accurately as gold (or silver) bullion. The shipping cost is displayed in your order summary when you are checking out, but is not included as part of the product cost/invoice. Unfortunately we cannot advise as to whether your country would consider the shipment a monetary or commodity product.