Very dissatisfied. Support non-existent. Any advice on how to close account and get refund?

I've been contacting GoldMoney support for months. They have been mostly unresponsive. Essentially I cannot connect my US Bank account for ACH transfers due to missing SSN info. I've sent this to them, and they said they're working on it, but it's been two months now, and we've not gotten anywhere. I emailed them a few days ago and again no word from them. Does it take this long for everyone to register their SSN so they can set up ACH transfers?

I funded my account with $500 using a US credit card, and was charged foreign transaction fees, and fees from Gold Money. ACH transfers are the only way to go. At this point I want to get a full refund of my money and transaction fees. I asked them to do this a month ago but they put me off saying they're resolving the SSN issue, and still we've gotten no where another month later.

***Anyone know of a way I can get my $500 out of my Gold Money account without incurring too many more fees? I see they have a credit card option, but that again charges more fees, and at this point I'd like to avoid those.

Also, for anyone considering GoldMoney, I would HIGHLY recommend reconsidering. Their support is almost non-existent, and very not helpful. And you cannot link your US bank account for ACH transfers. I'll be posting this in other forums, reddit, blogs, etc to spread the word, and I would appreciate if you do the same. They are not running a good business.

Comments

• GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    While one can sense your frustration in getting your ACH banking sorted out (not clear to me who was originally responsible for the missing SSN info) declaring "war" against the company on its Community forum is hardly going to help. It has been my experience that (1) the platform works very well and (2) the members of this Community are generally very supportive of new members.

Perhaps @Melanie will look into your case. She is the champion of such situations. Good luck.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AdeelMufti - We are sincerely sorry for the delay, and I will follow up by email with further information on the issue. Due to your unique address situation, our ACH provider is having trouble verifying you to perform ACH transfers. I have actually begun work on a small project that will make this a non-issue, however it will take time to implement.
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 511 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    My ACH transactions have worked perfectly and I have never had any issues with credit card fees. Everything Goldmoney promised was delivered. I am a very happy client and use the service several times a month.
  • ShannaShanna Posts: 28 Copper ✭✭
    I have found support to be good, within a timeframe that you'd expect for a company with over 1 million customers.
  • Arendal12Arendal12 Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    I am new to this, but so far I have received excellent service. Just saying.