"Pending" | Wire Transfers | Support | Rant
1) your concerns are justified. It is your hard earned money and you have a right to be concerned about it. We all got your back on that one.
2) Goldmoney is an upright growing concern - backed by hardworking ethical folks. Yet it is only 19 months old.
3) even though it is Internet based, most of the operations require real live people to do the actual work. This means that physical gold transactions into, out of, and within vaults are done be real people during regular business hours. This is a key point because Goldmoney is experiencing record levels of gold influx and if the gold is not already in the vault it must be obtained from other vaults or refiners and must then be assayed and QCed to make sure it is the real deal. Your gold is 100% allocated and you want it verified. Trust me.
4) "Pending" means just that. Goldmoney is working on it. These are not just binary digits in a computer network. Goldmoney may use binary digits in a computer network to track your gold, but your gold is physical grams of 79Au197 (the gold, not me) that has volume and mass and substance. See item 3) above.
5) wire transfer issues are almost always the result of a real live person at a bank - not at Goldmoney - dawdling or bleeping up in some other way. If only all deposits could be ACH or EFT, but sadly … Furthermore tracing wire transfers takes time. Goldmoney folks can only do so much, especially when the problem usually lies with a third party bank. BUT REST ASSURED GOLDMONEY SUPPORT IS DILLIGENTLY DOING EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO RESOLVE YOUR ISSUE.
6) Goldmoney does not provide weekend or holiday support. Additionally banks and the vaults are not open on weekends or holidays either. People not computers.
7) Goldmoney does not provide 24/7 telephone support. OK they provide NO telephone support. One reason is that phone support is no more effective than email support at actually resolving issues. The other is that it is expensive (and yet no more effective). Goldmoney had the lowest fee structure of any gold storage service. If you must have phone support there are dozens of other more expensive options. You could even open a Goldmoney Wealth position which does have phone support, but has a higher fee structure.
8) if I have offended anyone in any way, see item 1) above. I am just a customer (a minor customer - others have WAY more gold on deposit than I)*, but I have been here almost since the beginning and everything I have ever witnessed with
* I am also a minor shareholder (emphasis on minor)