Voluntary translators list?

paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 249 Bronze ✭✭✭
An @translator list of Goldmoney members prepared to volunteer to translate for their fellow users might be useful for folks needing help to interact here. I know @Melanie and colleagues probably have far much to do already but it was just a thought...

Comments

• paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 249 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Maybe reward the translators with community points or translation points that could be aggregated into goldmoney microcredit >:)
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,068 Admin
    @paddy10tellys I like that idea. Thanks for offering your services to the community :)
  • GoldStandardCanadianGoldStandardCanadian Posts: 148 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I've already offered to do French moderation to Melanie in a previous thread. Goldmoney is global, and growing. Not too much of an issue now, but at some point I can see people from many different regions & languages using the Goldmoney forum. Roy Sebag has just recently added Swaziland to the list of supported countries, for example. Having translators would be a lot of work - there are quick browser-based scripts that can translate, though they are a little buggy.
    Just a thought. A friendly, responsive community is a great advert for the Goldmoney brand. Well done for volunteering already @GoldStandardCanadian. Maybe other public-spirited polyglots can offer help informally as required.

@GoldMatters 'never in a rain of pigs-pudding' would Goldmoney make me a sysop with admin priviliges (translation from Yam-Yam = unlikely to happen)

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,068 Admin
    @paddy10tellys but I love the spirit! After all ,this is the "community' board :)
  • TemnozorTemnozor Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    I actually am a professional translator (would love if my clients would pay me in gold, haha). Helped a Russian guy with a question today. I can help Russians and Germans if it is needed, I'm a native speaker of both these languages.
  • GoldStandardCanadianGoldStandardCanadian Posts: 148 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure at this early stage they'll actually get volunteer moderators of different languages onto the board, as the activity is small enough to disregard it for now, and they would have to vet the volunteers / members. However forum platforms do tend to have the ability to add moderators with purely moderator controls, with a sub-moderator hierarchy / approval process that can be implemented as well. I've done forum moderation in the past.

@Temnozor That is a valuable skill. It's good to know the Goldmoney forum is full of so many talented people.
    @Temnozor it was your kindness that made me post the suggestion
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for your offers of assistance to help your fellow Community members! We translate posts that are not posted in English to ensure content meets Community guidelines, and if admin assistance is required, we typically email the user in their native language. It is wonderful to see other Community members use translations or native abilities to welcome newcomers and point them in the right direction. I am looking forward to seeing even more language diversification here as we have more friends join the discussion!
  • berman_168berman_168 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    i am ready to translate to Bahasa Indonesia Language.