Lost Prepaid Card/ Reported Lost Now Balance and Card Does Not Show Up On Gold Money Account

I reported my prepaid card lost last night and when I tried to order a new card (following online process) it said it could not be done at that time and try again later. So I assumed the card was not canceled. I checked and the card was gone from my account and with a 0 balance. I am wondering because there is no way to contact GM other than e-mail (1-3 day response) Has a new card been ordered and how do I check the balance on the lost card? How will the balance be transferred to the new one and has the new card been ordered? GM is impossible to check details about your account. They really need to fix these issues.

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BrentAllen

I assume you immediately filed a support ticket at http://support.goldmoney.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Perhaps Goldmoney will in future find a way to respond faster in situations such as these. Perhaps not.

There is a lessen to be learned here.

TREAT THE GOLDMONEY CARD AS IF IT WERE CASH.

Unlike credit cards that charge outrageous fees and can afford 24-7 phone support, Goldmoney does not. A lost Goldmoney Card may take some time to replace. Then again a credit card can take days to replace too.

• TomSwiftTomSwift Posts: 42 Copper ✭✭
    I am in the same boat. I know that my card was not used before I reported it lost since the online balance was fine and it had only been out of my hands for about 30 minutes. It is very disconcerting to have all records wiped from the online site and the balance showing zero. I just hope that when I get the card in the mail and activate it, the funds will appear.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you have requested a new card, and our support team has responded to your inquiry @BrentAllen - if you have further questions about the process, please feel free to respond to the email message and we will be happy to assist.
  • BrentAllenBrentAllen Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    Melanie, I have ordered a new card but the new card shows 0 balance. I had around 1,760. I will look for the support team response. Thank you.
    @Melanie ok got the email. Phew! I see it just takes time. That is OK with me. I just didn't want to lose the little money. I plan on buying lots of gold! I am looking forward to doing lots of business with Gold Money. I have told many people about you.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BrentAllen said

@Melanie ok got the email. Phew! I see it just takes time. That is OK with me. I just didn't want to lose the little money. I plan on buying lots of gold! I am looking forward to doing lots of business with Gold Money. I have told many people about you.

Glad to here the positive news. Once again @Melanie <3 to the rescue.
    @Melanie I still have not received my new card even though I have paid extra to have it sent securely and I guess expedited. Can you check on this for me? I really need to find out the status it has been a long while now.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BrentAllen Just responded in another thread!