US ACH Deposit Changes

79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
@Melanie in the past I distinctly recall seeing an estimate of the amount of gold I would deposit as I typed in my USD amount. I know this because I would always try to adjust my USD to get a certain amount of gold. ( I have long been requesting the ability to specify an exact GAU amount instead of fiat if desired)

Now that feature appears to have disappeared. See below.

In fact this has absolutely changed based on the image in
http://support.goldmoney.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2302762-deposit-with-ach-bank-transfer

The amount of gold to be deposited is NO LONGER displayed beneath the amount in USD. I am using iPad with Safari iOS 10.2

Has anyone else noticed this?
Tagged:

Comments

• MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @79Au197 Just saw your email as well - yes, this is intentional. Since this amount was based on average BBO pricing and was not an absolute indication of the gold to be purchased, it has been removed to reduce confusion.
  • TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 218 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @79Au197
    Ok this is good to know because I was walking my cousin through the process last night to deposit and was confused as to why I was not able to see the approx. gold amount we would be getting.
    Hopefully in the future there will be a "notification" even on the dashboard letting people know of these small changes, sometimes the changes are a new feature that no one will know about until they stumble across it. So it would be beneficial to tell the users "what's new" or "recent changes" in the notifications at the top.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @Melanie said
    Melanie said:

@79Au197 Just saw your email as well - yes, this is intentional. Since this amount was based on average BBO pricing and was not an absolute indication of the gold to be purchased, it has been removed to reduce confusion.

No no no - that is going in the wrong direction :'(

By this move, can we assume that it is safe to say that providing the ability to choose GAU as a deposit option is a low priority?

PS @Melanie - http://support.goldmoney.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2302762-deposit-with-ach-bank-transfer
    and other pages showing the GAU estimate probably need to be updated "to avoid confusion" >:)
  • AnacapAnacap Posts: 91 Copper ✭✭
    Better if you keep the estimate and just write it down next to the number; Estimate x.xxx g Gold
    @Anacap
    Anacap said:

Better if you keep the estimate and just write it down next to the number; Estimate x.xxx g Gold

Knowing the current average BBO price (posted at the top of every page) and the 0.5% transaction fee it isn't a big deal to estimate the amount of gold to be deposited. It would just be so much cleaner to specify say, 10 GAU, and have the website calculate the amount of fiat required. But they're just numbers.

• StalkingButlerStalkingButler Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    I noticed this as well and was bothered by it. Why not have a confirmation screen that shows the amount of whatever currency you're depositing and the amount of gold you'll be getting and have it valid for 1-5 minutes, or whatever time frame seems appropriate. If someone takes too long then they get kicked back to the deposit screen and have to enter their amounts again. Taking away the information was definitely a step in the wrong direction.
  • DinchDinch Posts: 67 Copper ✭✭
    It shouldn't be hard to use the best offer instead of the BBO and include the 0.5% fee as well. Why bother with these estimates anyway? I want to know how much I'm buying! Not an estimate of how much I'm buying! And on my home screen I'd like the same thing. I don't want to see the BBO, I want to see the best bid price minus 0.5%! When it shows me the fiat value of my holding on the overview screen, I want it to be the best bid value, not the BBO, so that I know what I can sell it for if I need to.

Better yet, I'd like to have the option of selecting what my overview page shows, between best bid, best offer, or BBO.