How do i get the gold goldmoney card?

LGJLGJ Posts: 68 Bronze ✭✭✭
I have the goldmoney master-card. I really like it. But I would like it more if it were wrapped in a super-thin film of actual gold.

Anyone know if that is still available and how to get it if so?

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @LGJ

I would have said that it was only available with a Wealth holding and referred you to this link:

https://wealth.goldmoney.com/what-we-do/accounts-and-cards

However as you will see if you click on it that it is invalid.

So I can tell that it used to be only available through a Wealth holding, but now I don't know if it is even still available. There were two cards: gold-plated sterling silver and solid gold. They were pricey.

@Melanie ?

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,996 Admin
    edited January 2017
    @79Au197 Goldmoney Wealth most definitely has 18k gold mastercards, and silver ones as well. To get these you must have a wealth holding, which anyone can apply for, and there is no minimum.

It is also possible to transfer some of your gold from your personal account to the wealth holding.
    @GoldMatters said

@79Au197 Goldmoney Wealth most definitely has 18k gold mastercards, and silver ones as well.

Perhaps - but the link describing them is broken
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 298 Bronze ✭✭✭
    It appears that Goldmoney is part-way through the process of transitioning to a new website for Wealth accounts, and that's probably why that link on the old site is broken. As @GoldMatters said the info. about the Mastercards actually made out of gold or silver (?!) instead of plastic is on the FAQ page.
    edited January 2017
    @GoldMatters @SpontaneousOrder

I get an error on the FAQ page when I click on "Goldmoney Mastercard Prepaid" stating "Safari cannot open page because address is invalid". (Maybe an iPad thing?) It does however expand and let me go to "What are the costs". The unformatted copy/paste is below.

How much does the Goldmoney MasterCard® Prepaid cost to order?

Product GBP USD EUR
    Goldmoney® Gold MasterCard® Prepaid 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal
    Goldmoney® Silver gold-plated MasterCard® Prepaid 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal
    Goldmoney® SilverMasterCard® Prepaid 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal 200 + cost of metal
    Goldmoney® Plastic MasterCard® Prepaid Free Free Free
    How many grams of metal will I be charged for each card?

As you can see in the above table, there is a metal cost for each card. The cost will be deducted from the metal balance within your Holding corresponding to the metal of the card, based on the below amounts for each card:

Goldmoney® Gold MasterCard® Prepaid 46g of 18k gold = 34.5g of 99.99% gold
    Goldmoney® Silver gold-plated MasterCard® Prepaid 33g or 1.06oz of silver
    Goldmoney® SilverMasterCard® Prepaid 33g or 1.06oz of silver
    Please note that if there is an insufficient amount of metal of the type of card you are applying for, the balance will be deducted from another metal type within your Holding.

If there is no metal balance on your Holding when you apply for your card, the equivalent cost of the card will be deducted from the currency balance. The value of the metal is calculated using the Goldmoney Fixed price for gold or silver on the day you apply for your card.
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 298 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @79Au197, you've encountered a bug on the FAQ page. Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge function correctly in spite of the bug, but MS IE and apparently Safari do not.

I have reported the problem to Goldmoney support.