gold spot price

BillybetaBillybeta Posts: 47 Copper ✭✭
is the per gram spot price on the website stagnant at 41.46(USD) for everyone else?...It hasnt moved all day from what I have seen.

Comments

• TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 218 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I bought last night for 41.84 per gram. So it has moved and checked kitco, gold has only moved 2cents per gram today. Will keep checking.
  • LGJLGJ Posts: 68 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing @Billybeta . Not sure what it means. It has been stuck there since mid-day Friday for me. Never seen it behave like this before.

normally i don't like when people invoke the @Melanie call, but perhaps you have more info on this @Melanie .

The spot price shown in my app and website have not changed since before end of day friday.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is correct, and is a result of the holiday. The following pricing explanation is provided our Terms of Service:

"... The exception is for transactions occurring on weekends and holidays in New York when there is no BBO quotation from counterparties, at which time the rate will be the rate posted on the Goldmoney Website. Aurum prices will reflect the internal liquidity provided by the Goldmoney market making operations and a purchase quote will be provided to you within your order at the time of you making your transaction for transactions occurring from Friday at 5:01pm EST to Sunday 6:29pm EST."
  • BillybetaBillybeta Posts: 47 Copper ✭✭
    ok thanks guys!
  • JMartJMart Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    I am having the same issue.
  • LGJLGJ Posts: 68 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Looks like its moving now.
  • BillybetaBillybeta Posts: 47 Copper ✭✭
    yes mine has change now too
  • MattyMatty Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    I just bought £1000 worth of Gold, the website said it was at £32.5g , I was charged £33.48g, have you any idea why I was charged so much as I espected to get the price shown on the website?
  • TauntFourstarTauntFourstar Posts: 218 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Matty you use credit or debit card?
    @Matty Make sure you are looking at the locked in price provided in the transaction breakdown during the deposit process, not the live price at the top of your Dashboard.
  • soeborgsoeborg Posts: 29 Tin ✭
    edited April 2017
    @Matty Look at these pictures from my screen when I'm about to buy gold, they show the two options between bank wire and credit card. If I choose bank wire the price is 8 DK or $1.2 or around £1 pr. GAU cheaper then if I use credit card witch is a master card debit. That tells me that somebody is charging a fee, and it isn't the credit card provider

@Melanie Who is charging that fee??? Maybe Goldmoney could make it so that more details were shown when costumers is buying gold.

http://i67.tinypic.com/aokq35.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/2hf4axg.png
    @soeborg Different payment options have different transaction costs associated to them, and thus the rate may vary between some methods, or be the same as other methods. Users are able to toggle between deposit methods to find the best method for them.
  • soeborgsoeborg Posts: 29 Tin ✭
    @Melanie I just liked to know who I'm giving my money, 10 GAU is a lot, it is 3% fee.
    I tried linking my bank account and was unsuccessful, I need to sort that out. So I am locked into a paypal limited goldmoney account.
    There is not transaction fee, when I first bought £1000 worth of gold using paypal I got it at the price I expected.
    Gold price went really high a couple of days ago and when it dropped down from 33.3 to 32.5 I decided to buy another £1000 worth using paypal.
    There was no transaction fee, just be aware that you have no idea what price you are getting. I recommend buy £10 worth and see what rate they give you before purchasing a bigger quantity. Within 2 hours of my purchase I sold £10 worth and the rate they gave me was 32.05... . so in a 2 hour period I bought £1000 worth at 33.48 (when price on screen showed 32.5) and 2 hours later sold £10 for GAU 32.05 when price on screen was 32.45. so just be aware of this peeps. Either buy or sell when the price is stable, or at least make a small transaction first to test the water.
    Melanie said:

@Matty Make sure you are looking at the locked in price provided in the transaction breakdown during the deposit process, not the live price at the top of your Dashboard.

When I purchase Gold I select payment method Paypal and the fixed GAU is not shown until after purchase.