Status of my Personal Prepaid Card? (US resident)
My Personal Prepaid Card expires 11/2018 as listed on the card.
Will I continue to be able to use it "as is" up to that time without opening a holding?
Will I be able to request a new card after 11/2018 without opening a Full Holding?
The FAQ also states
What documents are required to open a Full Holding?
In addition to the personal details you enter during the online sign-up process, please provide:
1. A certified copy of a government-issued photographic identification document, such as a passport or national identity card (ID).
2. An original or certified copy of a proof of residence document for your residential address dated within 90 days.
Is this in addition to the documentation already on file related to our original BitGold/Personal account?
Are these certified copies paper or digital?
Furthermore according to the FAQ
What photographic identification documents do you accept?
We accept the following government-issued photographic identity documents:
National Identity Card
Driver’s licence together with your birth certificate
1. The photocopy is clear and that facial features are clearly visible.
2. The document has been issued by a government agency.
3. The document has not expired.
4. If you are applying for a Full Holding, the photocopy of the document has been certified by an acceptable certifier.
If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact our Relationship Management team as we may be able to accept alternative documentation.
Is this also in addition to prior BitGold/Personal documentation you already have on file?
Is it just me or does this seem extreme for US residents?
This appears to be a major step away from the original BitGold/Personal simplicity and functionality.