Status of my Personal Prepaid Card? (US resident)

79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
@Melanie @Chris

My Personal Prepaid Card expires 11/2018 as listed on the card.

Will I continue to be able to use it "as is" up to that time without opening a holding?

Will I be able to request a new card after 11/2018 without opening a Full Holding?

The FAQ also states

What documents are required to open a Full Holding?
In addition to the personal details you enter during the online sign-up process, please provide:

1. A certified copy of a government-issued photographic identification document, such as a passport or national identity card (ID).

2. An original or certified copy of a proof of residence document for your residential address dated within 90 days.

Is this in addition to the documentation already on file related to our original BitGold/Personal account?

Are these certified copies paper or digital?

Furthermore according to the FAQ

What photographic identification documents do you accept?
We accept the following government-issued photographic identity documents:

Passport
National Identity Card
Driver’s licence together with your birth certificate
Please ensure:

1. The photocopy is clear and that facial features are clearly visible.

2. The document has been issued by a government agency.

3. The document has not expired.

4. If you are applying for a Full Holding, the photocopy of the document has been certified by an acceptable certifier.

If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact our Relationship Management team as we may be able to accept alternative documentation.

Is this also in addition to prior BitGold/Personal documentation you already have on file?

Is it just me or does this seem extreme for US residents?

This appears to be a major step away from the original BitGold/Personal simplicity and functionality. :'(

Comments

• DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    @79Au197 I am wondering about the very same thing as an European resident.

In order to upgrade to a Full holding and being able to order a MasterCard you have to fill in all your already submitted data in this extremely awkward form all over again and submit it physically by mail:
    https://www.goldmoney.com/images/media/Files/CAP_Individual_A4_Form.pdf

What is more you have to include:
    "- A certified copy of each applicant’s passport (...)
    - Certified or original copies of 2 documents showing the residential address (proof of residence) for each applicant (...)
    - Certified or original source of wealth documentation (...)"

Come on, I really hope you are working on a way to simplify this process.

Otherwise I have doubts that you will achieve this goal @Roy Sebag

Which is really very sad, because I love the concept of Goldmoney, but the "major step away from the original BitGold/Personal simplicity and functionality" as @79Au197 called it above really hurts. :'(
  • KatyMillingtonKatyMillington Posts: 49 Tin ✭
    We are currently working on a considerably simplified process for most of our clients to sign up for the Goldmoney Holding - please stay tuned!

The reason that the Goldmoney Holding has such a robust verification process is due to its regulated status in Jersey, Channel Islands. This status gives you as our clients more security to know that we are not allowing people to use our platform for nefarious means and your investment is protected.
  • Mr_Troy_OzMr_Troy_Oz Posts: 75 Copper ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @DeOmnibusDubitandum Boy oh boy do I ever agree with you!

This has become a time consuming, painful, nightmare of a 'registration process'. Especially for any new prospective clients.

I've been here for almost a year and have had a 'Verified' acct. from day one.
    Then we again had to do a 'Proof of Residence' update a few months back.
    - *Now we're being asked to start all over again with personal information (that should already be on file), plus additionally ..provide 'Certified' (Paper?) documentation to move to the Holding Acct?

OK, I can maybe understand this rigorous process for "new signups", who have no previous history with Goldmoney. But to be asking exiting clients, with current verified accts, to go through this process again bordering on insult and distrust.
    At the very least, I think existing clients who, with their current On-File 'Proofs', should be 'grandfathered' to allow unfettered transfer into the new Holding Acct.

As it is, I'm inclined to just remain on my 'personal' acct to wait and see what develops.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KatyMillington said

We are currently working on a considerably simplified process for most of our clients to sign up for the Goldmoney Holding - please stay tuned!

The reason that the Goldmoney Holding has such a robust verification process is due to its regulated status in Jersey, Channel Islands. This status gives you as our clients more security to know that we are not allowing people to use our platform for nefarious means and your investment is protected.

Thank you for the clarification. I am sure that all of the current (original) account holders are eagerly awaiting more information on the "simplified process".
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    @KatyMillington Thank you for your comment, but could you please be a little bit more specific?

Are you refering to
    1. a simplified process for Goldmoney Personal clients to be easily migrated to a BASIC Holding
    2. a simplified process to upgrade to / be migrated to / open a FULL Holding (at least for existing Goldmoney Personal clients)

I find the latter one even more important (OK, I already had a BASIC "Wealth" Holding as well anyway) and it worries me way more than the storage fees most people are currently focussing and complaining about. At the moment only the FULL Holding offers MasterCard for example which was a core feature for Personal accounts and available to all clients.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @DeOmnibusDubitandum said:
    > At the moment only the FULL Holding offers MasterCard for example which was a core feature for Personal accounts and available to all clients.

My concern as well …