When will Holding accounts get access to Goldmoney Community forums?

mr1mr1 Posts: 375 Silver ✭✭✭✭
So if I understand correctly, you have to have a Personal or Business account in order to sign into the Goldmoney Community forums, however all new accounts have to be the new unified Holding accounts?

So how do new users now get to participate in the community?

I'm assuming that Holding accounts will be given access to the community, right? When will that happen?

Answers

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they NOT have access now?
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 375 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I can't find any link to the community from inside my holding account, and of you go to community.goldmoney.com without being logged in, it says:
    "Existing Goldmoney Personal or Business user? Claim your community name today!"

No word about existing wealth accounts, or the new unified holding accounts.
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    I can confirm that I am also unable to post anything in this forum with my Holding account credentials. So I was wondering about the same thing as @mr1 and especially why they had to rush this whole thing like they did with essential functions not being ready yet.

To my impression the "new unified holding account" so far is nothing really but turning off registration for everything but Wealth accounts and calling that the "New Holding account" without adding any new features (yet). The only thing Goldmoney really deserves credit for in regards to this is lowering Wealth account fees significantly.

So I was wondering about the same thing as @mr1 and especially why they had to rush this whole thing like they did with essential functions not being ready yet.

Yep, I think this unified Holding account was implemented prematurely.

To my impression the "new unified holding account" so far is nothing really but turning off registration for everything but Wealth accounts and calling that the "New Holding account" without adding any new features (yet). The only thing Goldmoney really deserves credit for in regards to this is lowering Wealth account fees significantly.

Besides the lower fees, the unified Holding accounts do have at least two new features implemented so far:
    1)Peer-to-peer payments to other users (the US had to wait a couple days for this be implemented, but it is available now. Not sure though about all countries)
    2)Ability to exchange currencies

Goldmoney staff has confirmed on another thread that they are working on implementing 3 other important features that I particularly care about:
    1)Network deposit tools (electronic bank transfers, credit cards, cryptos, etc)
    2)Business tools
    3)Updated/simplified registration process
    Melanie said:

@mr1 Network deposit tools have not yet been added to the Goldmoney Holding, but we will be letting you know as they become available. Presently, wires are the only funding method available. Business tools also have not yet been added.

We will advise when the updated registration process is available, so stay tuned!

• TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 108 Bronze ✭✭✭
    "the "new unified holding account" so far is nothing really but turning off registration for everything but Wealth accounts and calling that the "New Holding account"" -- haha and we're back to 5 days ago when I said the exact same thing. Obviously they did it to support the year end call and thus help the stock in their minds. And ironically the poor implementation hurt the stock instead. Sad.
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of the community forum, but I'm not sure that it is functioning as management intended. With that said, I am still gathering my thoughts about how I would feel if they did not continue the "community" in the same structure.

Currently, my thoughts are I'd be ok with it because telephone support would be able to handle maybe 70% of the posts. Which leads me to think that there should be a Beta community--- @mr1 mentioned beta testing in another thread. My thought is: client is willing to be a beta early release tester knowing there will be bugs, and he/she gets access to the beta community for real discussions on how to help build the company and improve the platform. Part of the beta application process could be talking with a GM employee or even a regional leader (GM volunteer or brand ambassador). By doing something like this we'd get a diverse group of people who really care about making the platform great.

Still thinking... but those are some thoughts at the moment.
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    After giving this a lot of thought... my vote would be to discontinue the forum in it's current form.
    It has become a complaint center that does not accurately reflect the value and positive experiences that the vast majority of customers have received with Goldmoney; so again, it does not appear to be functioning as intended.

There are many many great companies out there who have their fair share of complaints (I have worked for some), but there has always been an outlet to handle/manage those complaints in a way such that the brand is not tainted. Telephone and chat support offered through the new holding should be a good outlet for that now.

As for maintaining a community (or feeling of community), I would again propose the Brand Ambassador community outlined above @Roy Sebag that works together to improve the platform and grow the network. These could be official beta testers and GM advocates. There are many talented people out there... and fortunate for GM, many want to help build/grow this company! We should leverage that.

My understanding is that Brand Ambassadors in other companies are usually passionate volunteers (like @GoldMatters ) who support the vision of the company, and in return, companies usually host a small appreciation event or ask Ambassadors to attend grand openings/events etc (very low cost, but they are gestures that boost morale, brand image, sentiment, awareness, and psychological acceptance of the product/service.

This is obviously very high-level, but this is a topic the board should definitely consider discussing in the near future.
    Cheers y'all; happy hump day
  • TexTex Posts: 197 Bronze ✭✭✭
    You'll have to excuse any grammatical errors. Typed one handed while rocking a crazy newborn to sleep.
    It looks like the discussion @GMONEY1 started about closing or re-booting the Goldmoney community has moved here:
    http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/4152/community-forum-response