Linking Personal Account to New Holding to Transfer Metals for Free

Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
Does anybody know when will this new feature be available? If I try doing it via Redemption it tells me my Holding is not verified, even though it is verified. Also, I see it still says "Link your WEALTH Holding", so I would imagine it is still under development?Shouldn't it only say "Link your Holding"?

Support told me it is because I do not have a Full Holding. So what happens if I do not want to upgrade to a Full Holding? I will never be able to transfer gold from Personal to Holding? Wasn't this supposed to be something easy to do after the big changes the company made to the platform lately? I believe they talked about "transferring gold from Personal to Holding free of charge" without necessarily having to have a Full Holding.

@Melanie Could you update me please? I would like to avoid gong through other forms of verifications only to switch to a Full Holding that I probably do not even need.

Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marco_1983

I suspect that @KatyMillington is the person to ask …
  • Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @79Au197 Thank you for letting me know.

@KatyMillington Could you please let us know? Thanks!
    Ok, so trying to bump this discussion since I still didn't get any info, not even from Holding support.

There is no mentioning here https://www.goldmoney.com/corporate/news/goldmoney-inc-unveils-the-new-goldmoney-holding that a Full Holding is required to transfer gold from Personal account to new Holding.

"Network users who opened an account prior to June 20, 2017 will continue to have full access to their existing accounts, but are encouraged to apply for the new Goldmoney Holding. Once the new Holding is verified, users can transfer metal from any verified Network account into the new Holding free of charge from most Network vaults, resulting in a credit to the same vault in their Holding."

For someone like me that has a really small amount of gold in the Personal account and will never exceed 150k in the Holding, I really do not understand why upgrading to a Full Holding is mandatory for the transfer to take place.

Also, if a Full Holding is REALLY necessary, well, everyone who has a Personal account along with a Basic Holding already went through the verification process TWICE, and should automatically upgrade, just to make the metal transfer process faster.

Personally I just want to transfer the small amount of gold to my holding and exchange it for silver. Am I asking too much?

@Melanie @KatyMillington
  • KatyMillingtonKatyMillington Posts: 49 Tin ✭
    Hi @Marco_1983! Basic Holdings are just that - very basic entry level Holdings which allow funding from a single source: your one linked bank account. In order to fund from all sources, including your Network account, multiple bank accounts and - coming soon! - credit and debit cards, you must have a full Holding. Depending where you are located, this is a pretty simple exercise and doesn't cost a penny. Hope this helps!
    Ok, I guess I don't have any choice but upgrading to a Full Holding then.

@KatyMillington thank you for your response.