Crypto news

GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
Two important news bits for alt currency followers:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/pr/russian-national-and-bitcoin-exchange-charged-21-count-indictment-operating-alleged

https://blog.coinbase.com/update-for-customers-with-bitcoin-stored-on-coinbase-99e2d4790a53

The first article adds some perspective as to how serious the AML/KYC laws are; I'm glad Goldmoney follows these regs. Yikes.

In the second article, it looks like risky and volatile times ahead for BTC (to the point where Coinbase is basically saying they are going to stick with what they know). Reading between the lines, BCC = uncertainty

"hard to predict how long the alternative version of bitcoin will survive and if Bitcoin Cash will have future market value."

Careful out there

Comments

• Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @GMONEY1 Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I'm also glad that Goldmoney follows the regulations regarding AML/KYC laws.

I agree there is lots of uncertainty regarding BCC and cryptos in general right now, more than ever. I'm only invested in LTC since I think it is the most undervalued among the "big" ones and could have the most potential.

Be careful and do not invest more than you can afford to lose.
  • CampeadorCampeador Posts: 217 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Bankers hate sound money, the ones they cannot control. We know what we know because of the Corp Media. Perhaps there is truth to that, but, how much is exagerated and/or blow out of proportions
    Let us trade with local car wash tokens. Every one has an exchange open 24/7.
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 248 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    “Homeland Security Investigations is strongly committed to tracking down criminals who seek to strike at the foundations of global financial security through complex money laundering schemes,” said HSI Acting Executive Associate Director Derek Benner.

How about the US govt going after the Crooks (Banks/Bankers) who caused the crash in 2008 by cooking-up CDO's to defraud folks & then raped the tax system to underwrite their losses? How about going after the Gold market manipulators? Could it be that that their interests align too well to see real justice in action?
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 248 Bronze ✭✭✭
    On Aug 1st there might be a chain-split into Bitcoin with activated SegWit (through BIP91/BIP141) and its clone, dubbed Bitcoin Cash.

As this is a chain-split, Bitcoin Cash will share its entire transaction history with Bitcoin up until the point of the split, with the history diverging after the split. This means that for whatever amount of bitcoins you had before the split on your **** hardware wallet**** you will end up having that same amount of Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash essentially become two separate currencies. Within a year they will both be worth more than Bitcoin is now.

Holding crypto on exchanges is a mugs game. The exchanges will all be irrelevant shortly anyway because the exchange function is already being integrated into the latest blockchains, so payments & exchange will be done on-chain & decentralised
  • Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @paddy10tellys "Holding crypto on exchanges is a mugs game. The exchanges will all be irrelevant shortly anyway because the exchange function is already being integrated into the latest blockchains, so payments & exchange will be done on-chain & decentralised"

Well said! It will soon much easier to get into cryptos.
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Humility-- an important characteristic in situational leadership-- goes a long way sometimes. I applaud @Roy Sebag for this:

Imo this strengthens the case to have Roy at the helm. "Choice in money" is strong message, and it's empowering.

As Bitcoin breaks above $3000 again, we don't know what will happen next... but we do know that the backbone of Goldmoney is the freedom of choice and democratizing sound money; it's good to see alignment with that vision.
  • tomartotomarto Posts: 112 Copper ✭✭
    I am informed that"Bitcoin has 100+ X the computing power of Google." :o
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 293 Bronze ✭✭✭
    What a waste of perfectly good electricity.
  • CampeadorCampeador Posts: 217 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017