Setup Australian Depository

We'd have to go to Singapore to pickup physical metals. Would be good if you can setup something in Sydney, Australia.

I really liked the fact that credit card purchases didnt come with a fee earlier.... it was teh cheapest way to purchase given linkingn an account and transfering money offshore comes at greater cost.

Comments

• mr1mr1 Posts: 359 Bronze ✭✭✭
    CompSci said:

We'd have to go to Singapore to pickup physical metals. Would be good if you can setup something in Sydney, Australia.

@CompSci That sounds like a great idea. I'm guessing Goldmoney's decision to offer vault locations heavily depends on the vault options and laws in each location. They don't run the vaults themselves, so they have to find good vault options to store the gold for them. I noticed that it looks like Bullionvault doesn't have an Australian option either. Do you happen to know if there are any good existing vault options in Australia?
    CompSci said:

I really liked the fact that credit card purchases didnt come with a fee earlier.... it was teh cheapest way to purchase given linkingn an account and transfering money offshore comes at greater cost.

Yes, it was nice while it lasted, but the problem is that it is one of the most expensive methods for Goldmoney to accept so they needed to start adding customer surcharges for card purchases. With just a 0.5% buy fee, Goldmoney was losing money on every credit card purchase.