very close to closing account and never looking back

I was probally one of the 1st 20,000 people who opened a account and was very hopefuland optimistic. I told everyone I knew about it and how awesome it would become.
I have watched things accelerate to the downside.
I have tried to remain hopeful still was making deposits.
transactions used to fairly quick.. Now it seems Goldmoney is becoming a dinosaur deposits take over a week.
This is completely useless.
sad to see

Answers

• GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    @bullionbrother My transactions are clearing within a day.
    US -- ACH, Credit Card, PayPal
    Mainly Toronto vault.

It might be best to contact support directly @Melanie @KatyMillington
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 87 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @bullionbrother my transaction (weekly ACH, Toronto vault) usually cleared in 1 day. There are instance that it took couple of days to clear in the past but it works fine for me now. I am sure your transactions will be cleared soon.
  • shonshonshonshon Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    edited August 2017
    The first couple of times I made a deposit things went fast and smooth. the last one I made took almost a week and a half. I was very anxious until it was cleared. customer service told me they were in the middle of auditing and needed to make sure everyone had their proper allocation in place. I wasnt mad, its good to know they are so meticulous. this isnt just numbers punched on a keyboard, this is actual physical gold. chill out.
    @bullionbrother I had to test this out again. My most recent deposit transaction took less than 30 seconds to clear in personal account. Just wanted to add some perspective to this discussion thread.
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 360 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @whipowill
    Goldmoney is working on implementing all of the features from the Personal accounts into the new Holding accounts (with the noticeable exception of 1kg of free storage). So hopefully it won't be a crummier system for long. In fact, the ACH transfer is one of the features they are working the hardest to implement as soon as possible.

Also, Goldmoney has not stated any plans to shut down existing Personal accounts. I can see that it may be likely that they'll shut them down at some point, but it is possible they will leave them open indefinitely.
  • bullionbrotherbullionbrother Posts: 13 Tin ✭
    honestly I am still waiting on a deposit to clear. July 28. ACH transfer to Toronto vault. Same as always.
  • UvasUvas Posts: 668 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Well, hearing this, I am going to hang onto my personal account for as long as possible. Anyone test how long it takes to clear a crypto deposit in the new holding account?
  • Mr_GuGuMr_GuGu Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Not a smooth migration, _seems_ like I have to input all my personal info AGAIN, send another proof of address,id and for a bonus I have to send some ancient paper letters to them?

Also they don't even bother to specify how, when, why they need the physical paper and to which address...
    This is what I call outsourcing manual labor and gui testing to your customers.

Integration should never cause inconvenience for your customers. But should be happening behind the scenes by the maintenance team.
  • Roy SebagRoy Sebag Posts: 21 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are going to do with all of this very soon. The process will be far smoother. If you already started the process I ask you to bite the bullet and try and complete it. I agree, it has been far too arduous and there are better ways to manage the risks. We have way too many people backed up and not able to get on-boarded.
  • PinkdogPinkdog Posts: 511 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @Roy Sebag @Goldmatters

Happy to see Goldmatters onboard doing consulting work for Goldmoney. I can't think of a better brand embasadore. Thanks for reengineering the platform to make it easier for people to sign up. I can't wait for ACH money transfer and all the other bells and whistles. I believe we are at an important turning point as a community and as a company.

Best regards,
    Goldmoney Advocate and Shareholder
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,778 Admin
    Thanks so much @Pinkdog ! Your unwavering support is both recognized and valued. I promise to work hard to do everything I can to help Goldmoney and this community :)
  • GumtooGumtoo Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    Goldmoney Holding may be introducing new features but also new fees. Not being charged for storage under a kilo was a HUGE feature. Ease of funding from just about every possible source also a HUGE feature. Time to withdraw everything and close the account.
    @Gumtoo Goldmoney is in the process of adding features to the new Holding including easier funding methods and signup process. Their storage credit program also makes storage very cheap (if you transact every month).
    Your conclusion of closing your account seems a bit extreme; perhaps you could share your suggestions/concerns with @Goldmatters ; he seems to have the ear of upper management.