Do you need a passport for the holding debit card????

Hi Guys,

Do you really have to apply for a passport to receive a prepaid debit card? Or just don't apply for one and don't get a debit card.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TexTex Posts: 197 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Yes, it looks like a person needs to upload a passport and a bill with their address to get a debit card.

So right now the only option is bank wire to get your money out of a holding account.
  • ReallylikecryptoReallylikecrypto Posts: 50 Copper ✭✭
    I have used the question to my account representative. We shall see what the answer will be, and I will post it here!
  • GMONEY1GMONEY1 Posts: 426 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Tex said:

So right now the only option is bank wire to get your money out of a holding account.

This is why they need ACH and/or Bill Pay as soon as possible in the holding.

People need to be able to go in and out of the holding with little friction. (mainly for piece of mind imho... because it's technically not a trading account... but when people need $ to pay for something like bills, vacation, whatever with those reserves in the holding... they should be able to get it out within a day or two). I think Roy et al know and understand this, so the platform upgrades in the next few weeks should align with this.

I realize this thread is about the debit card -- which is an AWESOME feature and worth the extra steps of verification imho -- but I wanted to comment on the necessity for more withdrawal options.

I've mentioned before that the vast majority of use of my bank is to pay bills, so that option from the holding platform would reduce the need to off-ramp funds.

Food for thought (or discussion) :wink:
  • TexTex Posts: 197 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Reallylikecrypto Thank you for the update.