Pre Paid Master Card

LizzyLizzy Posts: 5 Tin ✭
edited August 2017 in About Goldmoney Products
My apologies, new in the forum.

How do you apply for the Pre Paid Master Card? I see nowhere in the Dashboard on where to apply.

Any help will be apreaciated, thanks.

Edit.

Forgot to ask, what is the difference between Personal and Holding; there is a link on the Dashboard suggesting the change to Holding.

Answers

• RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 696 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Do NOT change to holding right now. Personal is working fine. Holdings are having issues. Personal is a lower level of account with free storage up to 999g and a lower level of customer service. But for right now it is functioning better. Stay there, until they fix the Holding account interface.
    edited August 2017
    As far as the Mastercard. I am not sure, but in my personal account, if I click on the three horizontal bars button (in the upper left corner of the overview window) to get the menu entries, I see one that says "Prepaid Cards". Try there?
  • LizzyLizzy Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    edited September 2017
    Is not there.... bummer !

The Pre Paid Icon is not there.
  • CampeadorCampeador Posts: 217 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Mine shows right underneath of "Request For Gold" icon. See if is there.
    Nope, is not there :/
  • ReallylikecryptoReallylikecrypto Posts: 50 Copper ✭✭
    Holding is having issues with the prepaid card. You need to have a balance of 1000 US to qualify for the card first of all. You have to sell metals to have a cash balance or fund the holding, thus to load your prepaid card. I have a cash balance showing but when I try to load the card it says " you do not have any currencies available for withdrawal," I have called and emailed twice with no response. This is why I HIGHLY recommend staying with personal, at least you can liquidate to a card. I wonder if there are issues with wire transfer from holding if you wanted to liquidate?
    Is a Personal Account, there is over $1,000 and still, no Icon Pre Paid Card on the Dashboard.
    I'm pretty sure you have to have a full holding and not a basic holding for the card, hope that helps.
    @Reallylikecrypto she (@Lizzy) has an old Personal account, like i do, and I have a PrePaid Card. So based on account type alone she should be able to get one. There must be a delay in the card being available as someone suggested in another thread, or some other issue.
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,781 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that you now can't request a Prepaid Card unless you have Holding Account. At least that is how I am reading the below.

Applying for Cards
    How do I apply for a Goldmoney® Mastercard® Prepaid card?

You may only apply for a Goldmoney Mastercard Prepaid card if you have a verified Full Holding.

If you have a verified Full Holding, click Request Card listed under Prepaid Cards in the sidebar menu in your Dashboard.

https://www.goldmoney.com/support#holding-and-documentation-13
    So what is the difference between Personal and Holding? A fee?

I have Personal and able to get Pre Paid Master Card...

Trying to learn from this thread too.
    @Campeador I understand we all could get a Prepaid Card before with Personal Accounts. The way I read the above link is that now you would need a Holding Account to request a Prepaid Card if you hadn't already requested a Prepaid Card. That is how I am personally interrupting that link. There is an initiative to get Personal Account Holders transitioned over to Holding Accounts.
    So what is the benefit of having a Holding?
    Holding Features
    Physical metal
    Buy, sell, and hold physical gold, silver, platinum, and palladium bullion online.
    Fully-reserved accounts
    Fully-reserved accounts with audited (one-to-one) metal ownership. Your metal, your money.
    Insured accounts
    Insured custody and storage at multiple vaults around the world.
    Gold-back prepaid card
    Spend or withdraw cash directly from your Holding with the Goldmoney Mastercard® Prepaid card.
    Redeem gold
    Redeem bullion bars and coins at vaults and Goldmoney branches, or have them shipped to your home via Schiff Gold.
    Low storage fees
    Comprehensive reporting, low cost dealing and storage fees, and multiple funding options including bank transfer, debit and credit cards, and cryptocurrencies.
    Hold nine currencies
    Hold in reserve or exchange up to nine currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, CHF, JPY NZD, HKD, AUD) without paying foreign exchange fees.
    Send a payment with precious metal
    Free metal and currency payments to other Goldmoney Holdings.
    Gold-back retirement accounts
    Recurring savings plans and retirement accounts.
    Goldmoney mobile app
    Mobile app for iPhone and Android.
    Live relationship manager
    Trusted customer service – your personal Relationship Manager is available via phone, email, and secure messaging directly from your Holding Dashboard.
    Multiple holding ownership options
    Holdings can be owned by individuals, joint owners, corporations, and trusts.
    I'm excited in anticipation to see those things appear on the platform. How 'bout Goldmoney Kids?
    So seems to be a sweet deal...

What get my head scratching... why is so hard to change? Seems that I have to go through the same rigmarole when I open the personal account. I thought you guys had all the info in file (Bank Accounts, ID, Shoe Sizes, etc...).

So far, it does what I want it to do; why change?
  • olicougarolicougar Posts: 10 Tin ✭
    I also had a "personal" account and did the whole verification process and received my "personal" prepaid GoldMoney card and was very happy with the features. I have since upgraded to the "full holding" account. Currently this is not a simple process. Yes you do have to start the whole process over again with verification and sending picture ID, etc. etc..which it appears GoldMoney is in the process of streamlining this process. I was ready to call it quits (as you can see by my previous posts)..and not a happy camper with all the delays and lack of customer service support. However, after hanging in there for over a month and waiting for the verification, receiving new prepaid card (now I have 2, one personal and one full holding), linking bank account, it is definitely worth the wait. I am able to buy/sell metals, load prepaid card and spend the cash. Hopefully as GoldMoney gets the right customer service support in place and their site up to speed, the masses will be able to sign up without any further issues. I would say just be patient for now and as stated above in previous post, all the new features with the "holding" account, it is definitely worth the wait!
    I have the card and is Personal Account. Is git oing to stop working because is not a Holding Account?
    @Campeador, they have not announced what will be happening to the Personal accounts yet or if/when they will stop working. I would assume the debit card associated with your personal account will work as long as your Personal Account is still open, working and valid.
    So.... damn if I do, damn if I do not.

Ok... so if I change to holding I have to re-apply for another card, right?
  • TexTex Posts: 197 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Campeador Yes, you'll need to reapply for another card. I would have to agree with @RocketDog, in my opinion holding off making the move to a holding account is a good move at the moment. There is still some functionality and fluidity missing in the holding account that you get with the personal account.
    At this point in time, given the world's financial situation, I see no reason to fart around with accounts. It took me almost a month to get the Card.