Upgrade from Basic to Full Holding 2.0 ??

Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
I've been asking the admins in the community about this for at least a month now and still nobody seems to have an answer.
I'm currently waiting for a reply from my Goldmoney personal Relationship Manager. In the meanwhile, let's try with a new post and see if I have better luck this time. Here we go:

I would like to know HOW and WHEN am I going to be able to upgrade to a Full Holding without the hassle of going through a complicated and absurd verification process.

I would like to simply link my old Personal account to my Holding and transfer the gold that I have left in my Personal account to my Holding.

I don't care about depositing more than 150k, I've already went through verification twice since I've been a Goldmoney user and I'm all set with verification and documents.

I just want to enjoy my Goldmoney Holding the way it supposed to be. I don't think I'm asking for too much here.

Can somebody please do something about this?

@Melanie @KatyMillington @Goldmatters ?? Anyone ??

Comments

• helferleinhelferlein Posts: 155 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Same here... I have a personal holding as well. Funded it a little bit. Since two weeks I'm getting automated messages into my Holding inbox saying that my account is not verified yet and I supposed to click on a link saying "Holding verification".
    But there is none.... There is no such link or button in the Holding menu.

I was sending in the holding now various times a message, without response.

Where is the support? Why nobody answers?
    Thought the holding support would be better....!

Please help here as well @Melanie @KatyMillington @Goldmatters ??? Anyone??
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,924 Admin
    Hi @helferlein ! Your concerns were passed on by me to the appropriate parties when you posted them, as promised in my introductory post. Since the community is not the place for customer services responses and solutions, I do not provide updates on individual cases here.

Everyone please remember to check their spam folders.

Thank you!
    Thanks @Goldmatters ! But there is no spam folder in the holding messagebox ;-)
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,924 Admin
    @helferlein I will pass this along :)
  • SecretsSecrets Posts: 58 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I don't get this. Why don't you just go through the Verification process? All i did was snap a photo of my passport & verify Phone & email. Done in 10 minutes.

I don't get why you are having trouble with it?
  • Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Secrets

Simply because when I tried to do it they wanted me to fill out a form, go to a layer/notary and have it signed (which costs money by the way), along with answering a long list of questions like "What is your source of income" etc.. etc..

Also, now, I can't find any upgrade buttons, even if I wanted to.

I'm stuck in a Basic Holding, I do not have the possibility to link my old Personal account to my Holding, I can't do transactions with metals and can't use the new features Goldmoney is implementing, such as buying metals with cryptos for example.

This is why.
    p.s. @Secrets

"All i did was snap a photo of my passport & verify Phone & email. Done in 10 minutes."

I've done that too, TWICE. When I verified my Personal account AND when I verified my Basic Holding.

I don't think it is fair at all that some people that went through the same exact verification process now only have a Basic Holding, while others have a Full holding.
    There must have been some issue to require you to get a notary to certify the identity? Did you fail the Equifax check or some other part of the verification. I may have provided a scan of a bill or something too to add to the verification.
    @Secrets No issues. They wanted me to have the form signed from a certifier and they also wanted the certifier information. That was for me too much so I stopped at Basic Holding.

Equifax? Never heard of it. Wasn't asked for it.
    Using a passport? Or Eg Drivers licence from some non standard format country that needed to be independantly certified.

Tbh if you know what needs to be done you should just do it at this point. At least then, its done and you can move on

edited September 2017
    @Secrets I have both US and Italian Passport. Passport is not a problem.

The passport wasn't the thing that needed to be verified. It was the form itself.

Also, as I stated in the previous posts, there is currently no 'Upgrade' button, so I CAN'T UPGRADE even if I wanted to.

Is this too hard to understand???
    In my basic Holding neither is a Upgrade button visible.
    Sent many secure messages without response.

But GM sending out every two weeks some automatic mails telling me that I should proceed with the Upgrade process or they will sell my metals...
    Everytime responded on those messages as well without further answer.

I do not understand what's the problem with the customer support if there is any....
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    Wow, what a mess! I really feel for you, @helferlein . Actually I am having the very same problem that no upgrade button is visible in my Basic Holding any longer. I guess I ought to consider myself lucky that at least I am not being threatened that they will sell my metals... can't believe it!

Goldmoney really needs to get this sorted out soon - for the time being I have stopped any further metal purchases with them. Great idea, horrible execution.
    @helferlein @DeOmnibusDubitandum I agree us Basic Holders are basically "stuck" with this verification problem. I personally do have a 'Verify' link on the top right of my dashboard, underneath the menu bar. However, I'm still waiting for the new/simplified verification process they've promised, since that link brings me to fill out the same old absurd form we all know about.

Like I've already stated several times, let's just wait until the end of the year. If nothing changes by then, well, I guess it is fair to say that we've done our part.

God I miss the Personal accounts. Just adding Silver to those Personal accounts would have been perfect... Oh well..what do you gotta do..
    @helferlein Now that is funny: today the link to verify my holding just magically appeared in the top right corner.

However, it's not that usefull at all. As @Marco_1983 already explained it just leads to the old print-out form:
    https://www.goldmoney.com/fe/pdf/verification-individual-holding.pdf

Additionally I got this message:
    "Dear Valued Client, To complete the verification of your Holding, please login and follow the proposed steps. If you are resident in the U.S., U.K., or Canada, you will be given the opportunity to verify using Equifax. If you live in any other country, please download our verification form and follow the steps provided. If you have any questions, please let our dedicated Relationship Management team know. Kind Regards, Goldmoney Verification Team"

Unfortunately not what I was waiting for - actually nothing has changed since the last months. Still looking forward to an easier way. Please just implement 3rd party KYC providers such as IDnow, VerifyU, Netverify or whatever. That should be Goldmoney's top priority.
    @DeOmnibusDubitandum I got the same message. It seems they have no intentions of changing the verification process... Guess we will stay Basic Holders forever at this point...
    Yeah I got the same now as well.... even somebody from GM Support responded... Even twice already today :-)

But actually I should still go through that whole old school fill-out-the-form mess with certification and everything!

That's really what holds me back!

I'm really frustrated... since GM once was a cool new fintech service without old-school registration stuff back in the BitGold days....
    Anybody knows if the verification once will change for something electronically?
  • TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 105 Bronze ✭✭✭
    haha took a 2 month break from this place -- it was too much in disarray. I see nothing has changed. See you again in 2 more months when they probably still won't have it figured out. My stock investment is up +80%, so that's good. I don't see how with so many problems, but animal spirits are working. Happy with my Personal Account paying no storage fees, lol. Cheers.
    Why don't you just do the certification? I did it with Equifax and it was done in 30 minutes.

If you get the Equifax questions wrong or live outside US/CAD/Uk then you just provide what they want and its done.

You wouldn't expect a bank to let you open an account without this info right?
    @Secrets Not everybody lives in US/CAD/UK.

And this is why people won't fill out the form:
    http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/4556/verification-pending-after-one-month#latest

Getting it certified costs money, and waiting months to get the account verified (if it ever gets verified) is to me a form of disrespect toward clients.

Exactly @Marco_1983 !
    It's not only about the hassle with documents but with the absence of any kind of support from GM and based on that my lack of trusting further in GM. I like the system and really like the idea and really really wish them that they sort out the support to customers!
    @Marco_1983 @helferlein Could not agree more!

There are German (N26, Weltsparen) and UK (Revolut) fintech banks where account opening and verification is done completely online and just a matter of minutes rather than months. If Goldmoney wants to be successful in the long run, they must not aim for less.
    I have N26 and Revolut as well and I just can say the same. Sure the custumer support of Revolut is a bit slow, but they respond!
    Goldmoney does not even respond... Well actually since about a week there is somebody responding my messages all four days or so....
    Just waiting on Revolut to implement a GAU wallet as well :-)