Verification Process

IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 136 Bronze ✭✭✭
I got an email from Goldmoney w.r.t my verification pending.
I need to supply additional verification if I am not from U.K. US or Canada
The email did not tell me what verification form to use, and the app did not have one to download. (iphone app anyway)
So spent some time on this now that the weekend has arrived.
I logged in with a PC and saw that the website allows the download form when logged into my unverified holding account.

I found it here also if people want to reference it/do not have a PC.
https://www.goldmoney.com/images/media/Files/CAP_Individual_A4_Form.pdf

It looks like unless you are from US, Canada, or UK you will not be verified automatically and will need to fill out the linked form above.
That is a bit of a pain, as you need to go to someone to certify your information (section 3 of the form).

Hope this helps folks who are awaiting the email from Goldmoney on the verification pending, or ran into issues like I did with the Goldmoney App.

Comments

• Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @IrishGuy Thanks for letting us know.

I'm still waiting for a response from my Goldmoney personal relationship manager on how to do this without filling this form and having it certified. I've also sent my bank statement for proof of residence, along with all the other info they already have, such as Passport etc..

Hoping to have my Basic Holding upgraded to Full Holding by the end of the year... if not, then I give up.
  • LettuceLettuce Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    Strange, I am facing this verification now... hugely inconvenient. I am a US citizen also though, I used a different passport when registering my holding account.
  • pythonpython Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Frustrating. I can't seem to get verified either, despite being U.S. citizen. It shouldn't be this hard. C'mon guys.
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 136 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Just an update from me.
    I tried to go through the verification process.
    I have officially given up!!
    I flew back home, from my expat location, collected all the paperwork, called to a tax guy got it stamped, posted it off to Jersey.
    However when I set up the account 6 months ago or longer , I used the expat address.

They now want proof of address for my expat country which I am leaving for home again (ireland) in next month or so -so no point in that.
    I changed the address for the holding to match verification paperwork (ireland) thinking that would solve the issue.
    I have a request now to post two more proof of address to Jersey
    Frustrating as hell and I am used to frustrating paperwork in foreign countries but this ....
    Not worth it - will stick to plan a - save in gold which the personnal account works well for me.
  • GMGriffinGMGriffin Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    same here. this is insane. How is this business functioning at all? 3 months and still not verified? Either GM is getting so many new customers that they're genuinely overwhelmed (which they should communicate better) or they just don't care about building their customer base. People must be desperate to get an account with GM to hang around this long (I guess that includes me, because I've been holding this long, lol, but I don't expect to wait much longer, maybe Xmas miracle will happen and they'll process it finally, but then what if the customer service is so terrible, do I want to have my funds with such a company? hmmm). Is this the best free market can offer, a slow, inefficient company like GM?
    I'm researching Vaultoro now, although I have to admit I think that what enticed me to even consider GM is the solid gold credit card pimped all around by Peter Schiff, lol, how vain of me.