Why is there no customer service?

I have tried messaging - no response.

Emailing - no response.

LiveHelp - never online.

Phoning - 'nobody is available to take your call please leave a message after the beep'.

What's happening?

Answers

• boomtobyboomtoby Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I am also getting the same thing. Im getting really worried now. I have a large amount in there and have requested withdrawl and no repsonse.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 510 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I received an email from a live person inside GoldMoney support today. That was after a Schiff Gold manager contacted them twice on my behalf regarding a physical redemption issue. I did not get any resolution but they said they are waiting for information from the Shipper. Which is apparently not Schiff Gold at this time or at least not for that physical redemption order from a Personal holding.

So my guess is that they are still low on customer service employees and still swamped with support calls. I hope that is all it is. I hope they get their new staff hired and trained soon. I still like this company and really want them to do well. But I can understand the rational people who are drawing the conclusion that, "What you see is what you get."

I think that if the company survives whatever it is going through now, it will still do quite well in the future, even if it alienates this wave of customers. All they have to do is get their services/support back in order before the dollar crashes and/or the next run on gold and they will be golden. I just hope we don't all get too jaded in the process or lose our store of value to some poorly executed plans.
  • Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Caine I understand and I feel the same way you do. I'm waiting until the end of the year. If by then there will be no improvements, then I'm leaving too.

By 'Improvements' I mean:

- Actually adding customer service (since there is basically none at the moment)
    - Implement a fast, simple, normal verification process, getting rid of that absurd form (specially for Non-US residents)

It is November 2nd. I'm hoping that by December 31st those two updates will be made..
  • CaineCaine Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    edited November 2017
    I responded to RocketDog, but it seems once again, my post was deleted.

Again, this post had no bad language or anything more than an entirely criticism of Goldmoney.

Hi @Caine. Understood. I have had some of my entries deleted as well. I had suggested that people send their dead bodies in for validation of identity. I can understand why they might not want that post in the community. Just in case some unstable person actually tried it.
    You are right. It is not quite a "community board". I have stated that before as well.
    Wish I could have read your polite response.
  • TimKTimK Posts: 77 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I stopped putting money into this account. I'm doing my business elsewhere. I'll let it ride for awhile. It's kinda of just a backup account for me now. I can't deal with the sloppyness of the customer service.
    Maybe they will figure it out eventually.
  • helferleinhelferlein Posts: 155 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Same feeling here.... I actually took out all my funds already.
  • Marco_1983Marco_1983 Posts: 152 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @helferlein I'm trying to take out my remaining currency funds but it seems I can't go past STEP 2 of the process. Anybody experiencing the same problem?

I've also created a new thread regarding this..
    Actually I just took out any funds from my network account (2 business and 2 personal).
    Just transferred everything to one account and redeemed it to my GM Debit Card.
    Then just topped up my Revolut account :-)

Since my Full Holding is still not verified and I do not wanna go through this ridiculous old times verification process by filling out some forms and certification and stuff since I'm a Swiss User, I just put aroung 100 EUR into that account just to play around.

I actually didn't try to sell that metal and withdraw it back to my bank account.
    Ohh..... just saw that I cannot even transfer anything to my bank account from my 'Full Holding' while this is not still verified....
    What???
    It says I should have a Basic account or a Full account....
    Your Holding is currently a Limited Holding. In order to transfer money between Goldmoney and your bank account or prepaid card, your Holding must be a Basic Holding or a Full Holding.

No comment...
  • Worried about these issues. Just cancelled my automatic monthly deposit, and requested physical to virtually close out my account.
  • BarbellionBarbellion Posts: 32 Tin ✭
    If i was a Goldmoney employee i would be on this thread giving explanations, the fact there is total silence is more than worrying.
    Agreed. Don't Ponzi schemes go down in this manner? People have trouble getting their money...lack of reasonable explanations, etc.
    Who knows, maybe it's only the 12 of us on this forum having issues?
    If gold was up I'd sell out right now. I might anyway.
    I initiated an ACH redemption to see if I have issues too. Will let you know. They said it could take up to 3 days. But at least the process worked up front.
    I've sent a small amount to my gm card, if its there Monday i will relax a bit, if not then its panic stations. Wouldn't feel like this if the company posted some replies/explanations.
    edited November 2017

I've sent a small amount to my gm card, if its there Monday i will relax a bit, if not then its panic stations. Wouldn't feel like this if the company posted some replies/explanations.

I have no idea how you are trusting your money on a website with no working phone number; no working LiveHelp; and no one answering the emails.

They say they 'safeguard' $2bn worth of assets, yet they don't have a working telephone number? How does that happen.
    Thinking the same, owned by billionaires yet no customer service whatsoever. Something not right.
    @Caine said, "I have no idea how you are trusting your money on a website with no working phone number; no working LiveHelp; and no one answering the emails."

Well...our standards have been lowered by 100 years of fiat currency off the gold standard with the Fed. Also by banks too big to fail, stock bubbles, housing bubbles, and shitty employment options. The thought of saving money in Gold, stored in a vault on a 1:1 basis, and being able to transact digitally with that gold is VERY enticing. It was advertised very early on, that the Personal holdings really had no customer service. It was supposed to be a simple account that was web-based and user driven and that worked quite well for mainstream users with some technical and financial knowledge. I guess, when you have "no customer service" with a simple account you are assuming that there will be few errors in the system to support that type of usage (like ATMs or automated car washes).

How many working phone numbers, email addresses and customer service reps does Wells Fargo have? Do you trust them?

I think a lot of us were/are willing to deal with some imperfection to achieve an old ideal in a new digital format (gold-as-currency).
    I think the principals of this company are good people. I don't think we are dealing with any Madoffs here. (That being said, if we do get screwed in a Ponzi scheme I will personally hunt them down.)

However, you bring up very good points. Now it seems that the Personal accounts work better than the Full Holdings/Wealth Accounts. And the Full Holdings were promised customer service to come with their storage fees. So people have every right to be upset about the lack of customer support in Wealth and Full Holdings, especially in the case in which their funds are trapped in an unverified account or a formerly working account which is no longer functional. To which I advise everyone: Do NOT put more than a few test dollars into an unverified account!

I can see that new/potential customers would be irritated by their accounts not getting verified, but that is no crime on GoldMoney's part. Financial institutions have a duty to verify their customers now. Nobody has a right to a Goldmoney account. I think it is bad form to not have a better process. People should not be getting the runaround and asked to fill out the same forms over and over. People should either be accepted or rejected in a timely manner.

The only crime so far, if any, is if your money is in a Goldmoney account and you cannot access it by either physical or fiat redemption. I don't know how long that can occur before it is considered egregious and you would probably have to bring personal action against them. So it would need to be a significant amount of money in your account to make it worthwhile.

People have every right to decide for themselves if they can tolerate the communication and customer service standards set by GoldMoney.
    I am trying to get my last physical redemption fulfilled (been waiting 6 weeks) and see if my ACH transfer goes through. Then I will decide.
    RocketDog said:

The thought of saving money in Gold, stored in a vault on a 1:1 basis, and being able to transact digitally with that gold is VERY enticing.

I agree, I wanted to love this service. The idea is good, but the execution is poor. There are now several services cropping up that will put gold on the blockchain; this is the way forward. I assume Goldmoney will also try something similar or they will fall behind.
    RocketDog said:

How many working phone numbers, email addresses and customer service reps does Wells Fargo have? Do you trust them?

I don't use Wells Fargo as I'm UK based, but all of my bank accounts have LiveHelp, have working phone lines, 24 hour immediate support, email addresses that they respond to and messaging systems within their apps. This is nothing revolutionary, even Amazon have these things.

To clarify, I am not looking for gold redemption or verification. I only put a few test dollars in and quickly realised that there was no way of actually contacting this website, so I do not want to proceed any further. I am actually struggling to close the account and have them delete my personal information now. They list on their landing page that they are "The World’s Most Trusted Name in Precious Metals", yet they don't have a phone number that works.

Hi @Caine. My reference to Wells Fargo was just that they are a huge bank with lots of customer service and have been involved in scandals involving opening extra unauthorized accounts for tens of thousands of their current customers in order to commit some sort of fraud. The point being that even if you can reach them, you can't necessarily trust them.

Since you are not yet invested in the company, I think it makes sense to test out the customer service response and then hold off until later. Maybe they will get their act together and develop better support and you can come back later if it suits your needs.
    I am in pretty deep here as an account holder, and own some stock too. So I'll have a little more work to do if I decide to leave this company.
    Unfortunately, I don't see many other options for preserving the value of my money right now. Still hoping this situation is on the mend.
  • GoldDustGoldDust Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    I don't understand. I have been able to call and speak to customer service. Try clicking on the "Help" link located on the top right-hand corner of your screen. A drop down window should appear. On my browser, logged into my "Full Holding" account, the drop down help-window contains the following information::

================================
    Office Hours
    Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 U.K Time

U.K. & International
    +44-1534-633-900

USA & Canada
    Toll free 1-855-583-GOLD (4653)
    Followed by three links for "Message", "Live Support" and "FAQ"

Make sure you call during their U.K. hours. Try giving them a call on Monday. I'm sure once you get in touch with someone, you'll feel much better. Sometimes their lines are busy and you will be asked to leave a message. I have never received a call back when I leave a message. So I just call back 30-40 minutes later and I usually get someone on the line.

I hope this helps.

GoldDust
  • TimKTimK Posts: 77 Bronze ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of outside forums about this company. Go ahead and do a google search. You will find plenty of forums and comments on Goldmoney.
    I'll admit that most of them are bad. If you start reading them your not going to be happy. Most people who are unhappy about something will post these comments or on these forums. It is usually not people who are happy.

I never upgraded to a wealth account. I have kept my personal account. I'll admit I am somewhat concerned. Financial industries as a whole are riddled with corruption. It's basically a haven for scumbags and con artists.

The only thing that makes sense to me anymore is a safe full of gold and a mattress full of cash. lol
    GoldDust said:

I don't understand. I have been able to call and speak to customer service. Try clicking on the "Help" link located on the top right-hand corner of your screen. A drop down window should appear. On my browser, logged into my "Full Holding" account, the drop down help-window contains the following information::

Office Hours
    Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 U.K Time

U.K. & International
    +44-1534-633-900

USA & Canada
    Toll free 1-855-583-GOLD (4653)
    Followed by three links for "Message", "Live Support" and "FAQ"

Make sure you call during their U.K. hours. Try giving them a call on Monday. I'm sure once you get in touch with someone, you'll feel much better. Sometimes their lines are busy and you will be asked to leave a message. I have never received a call back when I leave a message. So I just call back 30-40 minutes later and I usually get someone on the line.

I hope this helps.

GoldDust

As I said, I have tried phoning and each time I am required to leave a message. I am never called back.

I tried calling 7 or 8 times over the space of a week; all within UK working hours. I don't think that's acceptable.

Not so much an issue for me anymore as I'm just trying to leave Goldmoney so I can go elsewhere. I don't trust a website with holding a % of my wealth if they cannot even afford customer service staff.
  • GoldDustGoldDust Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    @caine : I agree, you should have been able to reach someone last week. I guess I have been fortunate. I called last week on Wednesday November 1st at 7:30 AM (PST) here in California USA, and received the "Leave A Message" response. So I just hung up and called again around 8:30AM. But as with the previous times for me, I usually speak to someone on the 2nd attempt... around 8:30AM.

From the many times I have attempted to contact them, I notice that I get the "Leave A Message" response every time around 7:30AM. I can usually reach someone within a minute of placing the call at around 7AM or 8:30AM. Anyway, that is my experience. I'm hoping you are able to resolve your issues quickly and close your account with no further issues. Please keep us posted of your final resolution as I am interested in knowing how things go with you. I wish you luck.

GoldDust
    @GoldDust

Thanks for the response, but I did try at several times of day (I am UK-based, so I am conscious of the phone line opening hours and potential lunch times).

Simply put, if you were to purchase a laptop for $2k from a website, and quickly realise that the LiveHelp button didn't work, then that they 'aim' to get back to my email within 5 working days (which they rarely seem to do), and then unsuccessfully attempting to phone their number 7 or 8 times, and then you notice a lot of other people have similar issues online - would you continue to reorder your laptops from said company?

With respect, it is kind of strange to me that your stereotypical goldbug seems to distrust the government and financial system; yet blindly put their dollars into a website that cannot afford a customer service team and supposedly manages $2bn worth of assets.
  • SUPERFLY9898SUPERFLY9898 Posts: 38 Copper ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    My last comment was deleted. I copied it. So I will paste again.

Get worried people. Caine that number you have posted for customer support does not work. A voice comes up and says not recognized.
    Also I made 3 deposits from 3 different cards 2 days ago to the New York vault. They are still pending.
    I tried to buy more gold since that using other cards. Both Mastercard and Visa. The transactions fail. There is money available in them to buy Gold and I even rang my card providers in case a block was on them. They were all fine. Yet Goldmoney puts error up saying maybe card details were wrong or over my limit. They are definitely not . Also my card providers said there was no record of failed purchase attempts to Goldmoney showing up on their side. Very odd.
    Then I thought maybe I cannot buy any more Gold off New York vault as I have 3 purchases pending. So I tried London vault purchase. No good.
    Finally the message below I got off the Goldmoney site just now when I clicked on Support scared the hell out of me. Imagine like other people have said they claim to manage over $2 billion dollars but yet .... well I copied and pasted the message below.

Personal & Business Account Support

Personal and Business support is not available by phone at this time, so please do not call as we will be unable to assist you.

Please note that if you do not have a Goldmoney Holding number, or if you are not interested in establishing a Goldmoney Holding, you will not be able to speak to a Relationship Manager by phone.

Peter Schiff needs to stop telling us all to open a Goldmoney account on his podcasts immediately!!!
    I received the small amount deposited to my gm card (on fri) today (uk based). Slight relief but the way clients are being treated is seriously making me think about withdrawing the lot at a loss, i don't like feeling nervous about my money. I don't think many depositors go near the forum so its hard to tell if the experience some are having is common. Again if a GM employee would just indicate via the forum that things will be sorted it would help, i note the @goldmoney twitter account finds time to tweet promotions, maybe complaining there would bring some help (doubt it).
    @Superfly9898 There has never been phone support for Personal Accounts. I am not sure about Business. So I am not sure that the message you refer to is really cause for alarm. Not saying that it is a good situation, just not that tragic. The Relationship Managers and phone support are there for the Full/Wealth Holdings.

Better that you can't make a deposit than not being able to get your money out? You might want to stop trying so hard to put money in until the support issues are addressed.
  • SUPERFLY9898SUPERFLY9898 Posts: 38 Copper ✭✭
    @RocketDog I am in the UK. When I rang Goldmoney's Jersey based number the message I got is common with a disconnected number. That to me is a major flag.