My money is not funded at Goldmoney debited via Bank wire

Dear community,
Certain amount of money has been initially sent from my wife's bank account (Germany) to my new holding account at Goldmoney (in accordance to the GMoney instructions) dated 02th of November. That money is still not credited to my GMoney holding account.
How long does this take? Where is the money?
I tried to contact GMoney via e-mail several times, but nobody answered. I even called at UK, but noone is answering and I had to speak to the mailbox. Even the chat didn't work, because chat fonction is never online....

What happens here and where is my money??? I'm worrying more and more about my money. I never experience such mess!

Please let me know whether there is similar experience, whether this issue has been resolved and how or what to do.

Best Regards!

Comments

• IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 170 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Samiman79
    I am not a banker or anything but all this is tracked.
    Sometimes it is easy to just assume Goldmoney is the issue.
    First I would confirm with your wife's bank that the money got to Goldmoney and your account as intended and have the ref numbers etc.,
    Customer Servixe will need these numbers anyway to follow up on your query.
  • Samiman79Samiman79 Posts: 13 Tin ✭
    Thanks @IrishGuy
    ref number, etc. has been already sent to GM by e-mail last week. No any answer by now...

@Samiman79 cool.
    Just making sure otherwise it would delay resolution. Please let us know when resolved by posting it here
    I'll definitely come back on this issue and will let you (resp. community) know on any news... I think this should help others for any similar occuring issue as well... BR
  • CaineCaine Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    @Samiman79

Sorry to hear this. I sent a UK to UK bank transfer in October. It still does not show in my account. I guess Goldmoney have pretty much stolen this from me now. This is a UK to UK transaction, which are instant. I am so happy to be closing my account here.

@Goldmatters - who is regulating Goldmoney? I am a UK citizen and would like to make a complaint, I assume it would be the FCA?
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    @Caine You can try to file a complaint with their regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission:
    https://www.jerseyfsc.org/the-commission/about-us/contact-us/
    edited November 2017
    @Caine
    OMG ...I really hope that it doesn't develop to a fraudulent issue and you'll get your money back!

My money has been alslo sent to UK bank from my wife's German Bank account (German citizen). It was following one (IBAN showed incomplete):

Bank name: Barclays Bank Plc
    Address:
    1 Churchill Place
    London EC14 5HP UK
    SWIFT code: BARCGB22
    Attn: St Helier, Jersey
    IBAN: GB66 BARC xxxx xxxx xx85 77
    with respective Payment Reference/Tranfer Number!

My confidence on GMoney is going to be undermined!!
    Hi @Caine @DeOmnibusDubitandum
    @Samiman79
    While I was hoping someone would have responded on the board yesterday other than @Goldmatters (thanks again for your work) i can see why you would use above

For my part I do not believe this to be a scam, I have full faith that the gold I purchased is there in my name and In my bitgold/Goldmoney personal account and debit card works fine.

I also believe your money is safe just lost in the banking system due to money laundering or beauricratic red tape. (E.g transferring from your wife's account to your GM account could be perceived as not 100% above board etc.,)

I think the same of holding accounts and it is safe but is a rushed S/W mess that for some stage reason they are not fixing but tweeting about new trading metals instantly! (See Roy sebags tweet in last few days)

As I think about this now, that is probably where Goldmoney want to go and not a personal gold backed bank type structure as they see to many headaches in the current path.

Not being critical of anyone on the board but just be careful to lodge money from your own funds. That is why you fill out or they want you to fill out the Know your customer (KYC) verification etc., @Samiman79 - sending from wife's account rather than your own may be the problem in your case as an example.

I do not know details nor want to but see it from Goldmoneys side and their regulatory requirements and make sure you are not part of the error.

Good luck and sorry folks have this hassle
    edited November 2017
    I'm very suprised that my wife's account could perceive of any laundering issue. (By the way I didn't thought a little about this, because we are one household - no matter whether it's my wife or me!) This is strange and I don't believe this, because in the Tranfer Details it is NOWHERE mentioned that it has to be done from own account. It is just important to give the Transfer Number / Reference Number.

Fact is the money has been send in accordance to the instructions of GM. The money is not there!
    And in case it is perceived as laundering, why we don't get any feedback on this. There is no any message. no any reply on our e-mails, no reply on our calls, chat is permanently offline.... And finally, why is the money not sent back into my wife's account in case it is percived for any issue??

This is absolutely not OK and we are frustrated!

In case there is no any move on this, then I will be enforced to report to police and call my lawyer!
  • GoldDustGoldDust Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    Interesting... When I go to Add Funds, and I select Bank Wire, at the top of the following page it states:

============================
    Add Funds

Select currency and enter the amount you wish to transfer to Goldmoney’s bank location to fund your Holding.

* Your holding may only be funded by bank accounts in your own name.

* It may take up to six business days to process your bank transfer. You will be notified via secure message when funds have been successfully deposited.

* Please see our Funding and Transfers FAQs for more details.
    ============================

The FAQ points here: https://www.goldmoney.com/support#funding-and-transfers

It looks to me that a wire fund from your Wife's account to your holding's account would not go through since the names on the two accounts would probably be different. You may want to check these details to see if this is what is causing the hold up.

Hope this helps,

GoldDust
    @GoldDust
    You are right! I just have countercheck and you are right! I haven't sent the money by bank account in my name, but my wife's name. I didn't consider this. Thanks @GoldDust

How to get my (wife's) money back, when I did this mistake? It cannot be lost!
    I just could reach the support center at UK +44 -1534-633-900, gave my Holding number and explained my issue. It was helpfull and I shoouldn't worry. There are going to send back the money to my wife's account! But it should take till next week. I will let you know, when I (resp. my wife) will receive the money. Next time, funding only bank account in my own name!
    Dear community,
    I want to be fair and to let you know also about the good thinks with GMoney...
    Just now I get a call from Jersey and he explained my issue. He confirmed as well that GMoney is going to send back the money back to my wife's bank account. Funding only bank account in your own name!
    BR
  • CaineCaine Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    IrishGuy said:

Not being critical of anyone on the board but just be careful to lodge money from your own funds. That is why you fill out or they want you to fill out the Know your customer (KYC) verification etc., @Samiman79 - sending from wife's account rather than your own may be the problem in your case as an example.

I sent my transfer from my bank account, in my name back in October.

HSBC to their Barclays account. Both UK based.

I can't even see that the transfer was made on my Goldmoney account. Nothing about it being processed or pending or anything.

@Goldmatters - Once again, are you able to let me know who regulates Goldmoney and where I am able to complain? This lost bank transfer is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Would it be the FCA? Is Goldmoney even regulated?
    @Samiman79
    I ann glad your issue will be resolved. Well done to @GoldDust.

@Caine
    I am sure yours is a different issue to @Samiman79
    I also hear you when you say it was in your own name. I like to help by giving ideas on what I think might be going on with Goldmoney and the platform. It was easy with @Samiman79 since he mentioned his wife's account and guessed that was the issue.
    I still think yours may be related to perceived money laundering or similar. Could be size of transfer, quantity... etc.
    In your case however, keep trying the call support line +44 -1534-633-900 as you are in the same region. @Goldmatters can pass on queries but if it was my money I would keep calling the number until I get through. That they answer means someone is on the other end of the line who can help you figure it out.

Hope his helps and good luck
    @Samiman79 : Glad to learn that this helped you. I hope you don't take a huge Bank Wire fee on the return. I am curious to learn what they will charge to wire back the funds to your Wife's account. Would you be so kind to report?

Previously, I made a Bank Wire mistake and the return Wire fee was $30 from Barclay. I will not to repeat that again.

Thanks,

GoldDust
    edited November 2017
    @GoldDust

I'll definitely inform you and community about the current state. We have just spoken with our bank and informed them that GM is going to send back the money. The money is still not there. Bank wire refund should be w/o any fee (IBAN to IBAN tranfer within EU), but I'll let you know...
    By then
    @GoldDust I just have learned that return wire fee is not allowed in case the bank wire transfer has worked w/o any problem.
    This is the case because the Bank could clearly identify that the money should be transferred to GMoney. And GMoney has receive that money (yesterday confirmed twice from different persons working for GMoney by phone call). Now GMoney is just sending back that money (- I hope!). There is no bank wire return for Barclay. It is rather from GM, but not Barclay. Therefore, Barclay must consider this transfer as usual bank wire transfer. BR
    Dear community,

I am pleased to inform you that we have received the complete amount from GMoney to my wife's bank account. @GoldDust no any wire back charge (as explained above) at the fund.

I guess that my confidence to GMoney is back as well.

Thanks for your support and BR
    @Samiman79 : Thank you so much for reporting back. This is good information for the community. I'm sorry you had to go through the difficulty but at lease now you should be able to transfer funds. Best of luck in all of your future transactions.

GoldDust