Are you serious GM?

Been a client for 2 years and everything worked great.
Transferred to holding but now I require further verification eve tough I already sent photos of my license and proof of address etc.
I failed the online Equifax verification even though I answered all of the questions accurately.
I called the support line and the due tells me I nee to mail in the Equifax forms(annoying) and I need to include: a "certified copy" of passport(whatever that means), 2(more) forms of proof of address and a salary verification from my boss!
Is this for real? Is GM trying their hardest to lose customers? Why is this so difficult?

Wish list as a veteran Bitgold(Goldmoney) member: STOP with this nonsense! I am trying to use your service and give you my money and you are trying to stop me. Please fix this.

Comments

• paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 241 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I've just completed the hoop-jumping palava but I think it was worth the effort. Swapped some gold for silver.

All GM need to do now is exchange metals directly for crypto & vice-versa

Vaultoro does the gold BTC swap thing a lot better imo...
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I just tried out this "Equifax verification" myself @AmsterdamDan and had a similar experience as you. I was asked a bunch of questions that had nothing to do with my life (clearly they had other people's stuff in their files) and was rejected. Given the recent revelations about their system being hacked, I almost took the rejection as a badge of honour. Then when I printed out the forms I too was confused. How do I get employment confirmation when I have been retired for years and before that I was my own boss for decades?

It does seem that they are working with a "one size fits all" approach that is causing frustration for many of us.

I still have my original account and I am in no particular hurry to get a Holding account. I was wondering if I could get this matter cleared up if I brought my documents to the new Avenue Rd location and met with one of the Goldmoney reps there. You know, like popping in to a bank branch and having a wee chat with the manager.

Clearly this issue of customer service is an ongoing challenge.
  • GMGriffinGMGriffin Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    does anyone know how long does it typically take to get the account verified? I provided all the documentation GM requested, passed the equifax verification, and still months later I see the account still not verified. It's must be embarrassing for GM, but it seems like they don't care. I'm considering other options as this has been so far a very disappointing experience.
  • Midas65Midas65 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    Back in September, I attempted to get my holding approved through Equifax, that did not work.
    I got frustrated with the online stuff, so I photocopied my passport, drivers licence, and property tax and pay statement and took them ( and the originals) to a lawyer to get certified and stamped, then shipped them by FedEx to Jersey .
    I got an email 2.5 weeks later saying my holding was fully approved and activated.
  • veraxverax Posts: 9 Tin ✭
    As a GM shareholder, reading these concerns and complaints is very troubling. I thought management had simplified the onboarding process.
  • SmallValleySmallValley Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    The verification process is totally ineffective. I would wouldn't be surprised if this is the real bottleneck of GoldMoney. Roy Sebag, Peter Schiff, please check what's the rate of people sign in/verified. I bet you will want to fix the process asap.

Most people wouldn't print the stack, fill it, and send it over email first, then print it with photo copies of passports and send it via mail. And the online verification doesn't seem to be functional. For me, it gives this error "Please verify that the information you entered is correct. " But it doesn't point out what field has supposedly incorrect information, or formatting. Also, the recent Equifax data breach isn't something that encourages people to even start this online process.

Goldmoney, to help you on this, millennials need to have quick and easy way to get FULLY started immediately. It cannot take weeks, it cannot include printer (don't even think about fax!), and it has to work smoothly on one go.
  • bennettbennett Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    Well said SmallValley. As a GM shareholder, it has been very concerning reading the endless posts complaining of the difficult onboarding process and poor customer support, so I decided to attempt to get verified for a holding to see if it's really as bad as described. I got the same "Please verify that the information you entered is correct" even though all information was definitely correct. I contacted customer service, and I received a response within one day, which was relatively reassuring after all the customer service complaints.

The customer service rep indicated that they are experiencing client issues with Equifax due to outdated information and are looking to launch a new online verification platform by the end of the week, which should eliminate the problem. @Roy Sebag has mentioned the same on twitter a while back and that it may launch "any day."

As a shareholder, I am very hopeful this comes to fruition. I can't imagine how bad the sign-up numbers have to be with the current issues. At the current stock price, I tempted to invest more, but I can't justify it until this is fully resolved. I still love everything about the product, but how can you be a viable business if you can't sign up a customer in the first place? I just don't understand how @Roy Sebag has the ingenuity to launch a jewelry company and invent a vitrine yet customer onboarding remains broken.
  • veraxverax Posts: 9 Tin ✭
    I hate to be a heckler in the crowd, but one cannot disagree with your sentiment about how important the onboarding process should be. This has been an issue for some time and IMO management attention should be directed almost completely toward this until it is resolved. Secondly, they should be focused on expanding crypto functionality and the ability to cost effectively move funds among metal, crypto and fiat. It should be obvious that this is where new account growth can by had. The spin off of Mene cannot happen soon enough IMO. And the NYSE listing? Where does that stand? Many of us have already been decimated by owning gold mining stocks, and now here we are again riding the GM stock roller coaster. It's beyond frustrating. It's perplexing. How could such a well executed startup and consolidation of GM be plagued by such basic missteps? I'm almost ready to start wondering if the same forces that suppress the metal price are working against GM as well. After all, gold in the hands of the public is their nemesis.
  • LokeLoke Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I have given up on Goldmoney only because they want me to go to this ridiculous lengths just to keep a few grains of gold for more the 60 days.
    Is it really supposed to be easier to open a bank account and take a loan for 200'000€ then using this site's full potential?
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    @Loke From my experience so far it is... :disappointed:
  • AmbroseAmbrose Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I've been waiting for my holding account to be verified for three months. What in the world? I've had a personal GoldMoney account for quite some time. The verification process for current account holders should take only a few minutes. It's ridiculous.
  • MaxLambMaxLamb Posts: 34 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refer to my most recent comment in this thread: http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/4789/verification-process-length#latest

However if anyone has any specific questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will try my best to assist you further.
  • AmsterdamDanAmsterdamDan Posts: 10 Tin ✭
    Hello, as an update to this thread which I started in November 2017.

I STILL do not have a holding account! 6 months later and several phone calls to the support line. They confirmed that they have received all of my documents months ago. I swear GM is doing its best to not take my business. Every time I call they say it will be complete in a couple of weeks......