Total Vault Value is completely wrong, grossly underreported - Goldmoney lost my gold???

Is anyone else seeing a most all of your vault holdings wiped out on the Overview page? I log in once a month to check my vault balances. One month ago it was over $10,000 USD total but today it shows just $1.62 across all vaults. Similarly with my wife's account the Overview page reports total vault value of "$5,.86" (what's with that added comma???). I have been using Goldmoney for well over a year and have never seen anything like this kind of problem. My immediate concern is that Goldmoney went bankrupt or ran away with everyone's gold. :(

I submitted a support email using the Goldmoney support page. But after reading the community forum discussion postings I can see that Goldmoney customer service is notorious for being unresponsive.

Anyone have similar experience of knowledge of company / sitewide updates that would cause this hopefully temporary snafu?

Thanks!

Comments

• BancersBancers Posts: 22 Tin ✭
    Yes, I notice that I have $1.62 in my account the grams of gold are correct, but the USD/g at the top of the page reads $4.01 for USD/g. Check your quantity of grams of gold to see if the amounts are correct. They should correct is soon.
  • TimKTimK Posts: 77 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Mine is basically gone. Hopefully It is a computer error. If not I was just robbed. I download my statements every month to prove what I had in there. I hope everybody does the same.
    I lost faith in GM a while ago.
    Looks like if it gets corrected I'm bailing out of here. Especially after seeing this. It's unsettling for sure.
  • TimKTimK Posts: 77 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I had over 300 grams. Now it says I have 3. Really?
  • BancersBancers Posts: 22 Tin ✭
    Please check your accounts and you will see that the problem has been corrected.
  • Mr_Troy_OzMr_Troy_Oz Posts: 62 Copper ✭✭
    Yes, same thing here.
    The quoted price per gram at top of page is wrong, the amount of grams in my account is wrong, my dollar balances are wrong!!
    I too hope this is just a programing error.

One thing I can say for sure, this definitely shakes ones confidence in Goldmoney's ability to operate a web page. More so when there is no acknowledgment or response from customer service.
    I too am thinking it's time to close out and move on.
  • Mr_Troy_OzMr_Troy_Oz Posts: 62 Copper ✭✭
    Okay, it took awhile but balances appear to have been corrected.
    Still scares the hell out of me though!
  • Adam_Eve_8Adam_Eve_8 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    Im brand new to GoldMoney so you can imagine my thoughts after reading everyone threads... #hopelesslyOptimistic lol
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,661 Admin
    Thanks reporting this Community. I have been informed that this bug has been fixed
  • 100bagger100bagger Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I just checked and confirmed my account values are all showing properly now. Appreciate the quick attention from the community and apparently (albeit silently) from Goldmoney, too. :) Not sure if Goldmoney did anything intentionally to correct the problem... or if it was simply broken as part of some routine site maintenance or upgrade... but thankfully the situation has resolved on its own.

Yes, this was super scary and greatly undermined my confidence in GM. However, after reading more about what GM has been up to lately I was pleased to see they're being innovative and accepting and storing cryptocurrencies. This at least tells me they are being visionary, proactive and not likely to intentionally scam people... given their track record of performing as a legit organization.

Best of luck to all!
  • katiebugkatiebug Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    Has anyone had access to their December 2017 statement yet?