Comments

• Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 84 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy watching these interviews.

I had $9 sitting in my account and figured WtH I'll put it in BTC. It was pretty easy to do. Now I need to start to learn.

This is also good and it came out today:
    From Bitcoin To Hashgraph: The Crypto Revolution - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 8 - Mike Maloney
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 236 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I bought more XAU-T in advance of BlockVault.

Institutional investors come aboard = my shares rise.

Also, will some serious money now pleeeease short BTC?
  • SecretsSecrets Posts: 55 Bronze ✭✭✭

I bought more XAU-T in advance of BlockVault.

Institutional investors come aboard = my shares rise.

Also, will some serious money now pleeeease short BTC?

I think once the fees from Crypto trading (5% in and out + 3% Spread) + the profits on Bitcoin Cash on hand in October ($1.4m at $400 a coin = $8m Profit) are reflected in next quarterly results you will see shares rise. Analyst Expectations are based on Gold Storage at 0.5% annually while Crypto is exceeding those by a factor of 10 at least.
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Our man Josh relaxed and in fine form! I particularly like his "capital at rest" and "capital in motion" concept. This whole crypto business reminds me of Bob Dylan's song "Ballad of A Thin Man" because "something is happening here but you don't know what it is, do you Mr Jones?"

At their most basic, financial systems are about trust. Josh gets that. Goldmoney is in the trust business. Blockchain decentralizes trust. Disruption of the central bank fiat system is at hand. Something indeed is happening Mr Jones.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,661 Admin
    @GrandpaBrian Agreed, Josh looks very comfortable in this interview and he’s on fire with Coldblocks. It’s going to be an exciting time coming up :)
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    As I watch the news about the US Congress passing the new tax bill certain thoughts come to mind. The national debt will increase by a trillion or more. Income inequality will increase even as it already stands at historically high levels. Savers holding US dollars and US bonds will be hosed as the purchasing power of the dollar declines at an even faster rate.

The social contract is stressed even more. What happens to trust in such an environment?

It is a cliche to say that people are sheep but I think people eventually know when the game is rigged and then they look for ways to get out from under. The French and the Russians and yes, the Americans too, all had their revolutions. Perhaps Bitcoin and its peers are also a revolution.

Is digital mining the new gunpowder of the masses?
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 267 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Lone_Starr, loved that Mike Maloney video, great find. Hashgraph is really astounding. It's apparently several orders of magnitude better than BitCoin/BitCash/Ethereum/Blockchain in latency time, memory, processor, electricity, and bandwidth usage. No server farms or proof of work required; no performance bottlenecks, can scale up to handle massive transaction volume no problem at all. Fascinating. Makes blockchain look like the Model-T. I'll be doing some more reading on that.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 84 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @SpontaneousOrder I agree, its a great video. In some ways cryptos remind me of banking from around 150 years ago when banks issued their own notes or even further back with blacksmiths and so on. So really cryptos arent running on a new idea, it's just a new technique.