Comments

• GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 97 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Jewelry is great for storing value but it can't be used for daily expenses. Gold could be used as money only when we make banknotes with gold wire insertion up to 0.0001 grams of fine gold, than 0.0002, 0.0005, 0.001, 0.002, 0.005, 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 and from 0.5 we could use copper/tin coins with an insertion of 0.5 gram of gold, 1, 2, 5 etc.

People could carry cash or keep money in banks in allocated & segregated accounts. Essentially mimic fiat with gold. I hope to see this one day :smile:
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 359 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @GoldNRoll
    I completely agree. Have you heard of valaurum? They have a really cool product along those lines. They've said they have had communication with different countries about the possibility of using their product for a physical gold currency, but I don't think they've gotten any takers yet. For now they seem to mainly be producing them as novelty gold items.
    http://valaurum.com
    @mr1
    Plasma deposition, that's something that I didn't think off. I was locked on the idea of a gold wire between sheets of plasticized paper. Funny since my first job was a plasma thin film deposition researcher in a lab :blush:
    So thanks for having opening my eyes!
    Now the problem with Valaurum is that they vanished after August 2016. No more news, no more Facebook posts, nada. I had to find what's up with them and I found that they are short of gold:

https://monetary-metals.com/valaurum-lease-2-gold/

If you think the idea is good and they'll do well in future, that's the moment to lease some gold to them :smile:

I would invest some bullion in Valaurum. Not much, with caution. Only if I wouldn't have invested all my savings in a T-Shirt printing workshop :))
    @mr1
    I have a different process in mind to make banknotes containing gold. I can contact the French national center of scientific research laboratory where I previously worked to ask a collaboration. They have exactly the know-know needed for that.
    @Goldmatters
    Would Goldmoney be interested to invest in R&D to make XAU banknotes?