terrible service

Goldmoney service standards have fallen massively since since I joined when it was originally bitgold. It is impossible to speak to someone on the telephone, the UK helpline don't service goldmoney personal accounts. the email service automatically replies saying they'll get back to you in 5 business days - this is a joke for a financial services company. I'm removing all my funds and selling my stock now while i still can...
Tagged:

Comments

• PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 271 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for some service to materialize as per @Roy Sebag's thread addressing this issue. The irony of this problem is that good service would ultimately help improve a very compelling but not-yet-matured service.
  • MinimonsMinimons Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I am a long standing customer with about 100 buys. This is the second time I have send money that Goldmoney says that they have not received. Even though I have send them prove of the transaction. Last time was for 113 GAU! I have been trying to get either the gold or the bitcoins back for 6 months now! Goldmoney have become a scam - sorry guys! >:-(
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 131 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @customer_1 , @Minimons
    Are you both located in US?
    I am somehow afraid buying high quantities of gold with Goldmoney viewing all these comments with problems.
    On the other hand I did several transactions: buying small quantities of gold (up to 200 USD), charging my Euro pre-payed card, using the pre-payed card abroad, buying gold with dogecoin... all went fine. I use a RON debit card to fund with gold (Romanian leu, I live in Romania). All operations are quick by my standards.
    The opening of a holding for my company required a lot of papers but it never got stuck. The customer relations in St. Helier Jersey, Jose, was very supportive.
    My assumption is that the custodian in Zurich operates like a swiss machine, the GM office in Jersey is better staffed than the one in Toronto (for the number of clients they have) and that the legal work in Europe is less cumbersome than the one in US in relation to gold.
    Can GM confirm if I'm right or wrong?
    @Goldmatters
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 94 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited January 20

Warren Buffett How To Turn A $500 Investment Into $400M Dollars - SKIP TO 3:25
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 94 Bronze ✭✭✭
  • jonnybitcoinjonnybitcoin Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    I've wanted to love gold money from the start but unfortunately I've just had problem after problem. I've had lots of issues and when I contact customer service you get told you'll be given a response within 1-3 working days but in my experience it has taken months to resolve problems. GoldMoney genuinely is the worst customer service I have ever encounter from a financial services company and I've used many. When someone is looking after your gold, trust is paramount and I just can't trust them anymore. Their FAQs and help is out of date and fees have increased as well.
    The need to streamline, simplify and offer phone support.
  • McgMcg Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I have been a great believer in Gold Money since I first became aware of it, 3 or so years ago. I viewed it as a significantly better offering to what was being developed in my Country of residence, Australia (where I was asked to join their board). I invested in your company and used their services with funds coming from my US and CDN accounts held by a Canadian Bank. I bought Gold and seamlessly transferred the funds from this bank account. I have a prepaid card in Euro and USD which worked perfectly when I travelled. I introduced individuals to both your service and as investors.

Going back 18-24 months the system stopped working, at least for me. I am mindful of the transition to HOLDING and I believe I have complied with that. However, nothing works including now being told I cannot replace my cards despite holding $10,000 plus in cash.

For 18-24 months I have sent countless emails to try and sort this out. All to no avail. in many cases i did not get a reply and often the individual ken the time to read my question but just the mindless "check the web" response. The level of service, or lack of, is appalling. I have tried to find out who I can talk with, without success. I have been given a Toronto number that does not work, at least from Australia. I have been given a UK number where i get the same mindless response, "refer me to the web site".

Your organisation, at least at the senior level, is clearly staffed by outstanding professionals. You are I believe, at the leading edge when it comes to "Goldmoney". However, based on my experience your support staff is no better than a "bucket shop" and I suggest urgent attention is required.

kind regards

Paul

• MaxLambMaxLamb Posts: 39 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mcg After reading your comments, I do empathize with what you have to say. As a member of the support staff, I do apologize for the issues you have encountered, and I would like to help resolve these.

Please could you give our UK office a call, and ask for me, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

- Max