Goldmoney Partners with Jumio to Radically Streamline Customer Onboarding with Biometric-Based Verif

Comments

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,751 Admin
    edited March 2
    MAR 2, 2018

How to Verify Your Goldmoney Holding Quickly and Easily
    We are pleased to introduce a new paperless verification option via selfie-ID that takes less than 3 minutes to complete, and allows you to complete the full verification process in less than 10 minutes.

If you are still waiting for full verification status, you may now log into your Goldmoney Holding and select the selfie ID option to upload a photo of your government-issued ID and a selfie along with your proof of address documentation to unlock access to fully verified Holding features.

Get Verified with 3 Simple Steps:
    1. Log into your Goldmoney Holding

2. Initiate Step 2 to upload a photo of your government-issued ID and a selfie

Proceed to Step 2 of Verification
    Proceed to Step 2 of Verification
    Ensure that your face and ID are clearly presented in photo
    Ensure that your face and ID are clearly presented in photo
    3. Upload your proof of address documentation

Have you already started the offline verification process? No problem. You may still initiate the selfie ID process to expedite your Holding verification.

^copied from release
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 359 Bronze ✭✭✭
    This is huge! So glad this is getting implemented.
  • powslayerpowslayer Posts: 99 Bronze ✭✭✭
    anyone try it yet??
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,751 Admin
    I just gave it a go.... it took about 30 minutes for me to complete on my phone. Now in pending status. Ill update when im verified. fingers crossed
  • Zach3000Zach3000 Posts: 10 Tin ✭
    Powerslayer, did it work yet? Seems like it should have completed already. I wouldn't think it being a weekend would make a difference. Even if it takes a couple of days to complete, that would be a huge improvement. I have been watching the real time audit since this change. The sign on rate has not yet increased like I would have expected. We will see, very exciting. Let us know, I will definitely be more inclined to switch if it works out.
  • pallegoldpallegold Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    The ID verification took less than a minute but I still had to upload proof of address and the verification of that is done manually and takes weeks it seems.
    @Zach3000 not yet... must have to wait for business hours?
    so I must not have taken a good enough picture. When you sign up if it still says pending on the verification try again. If you do it right it says complete. So now that I did it right the clock starts now....
    this is the email they send after completing properly..

Thank you for submitting your personal information and uploading your documents for our initial verification review.
    Our team is now reviewing your profile and may reach out for additional documentation to complete the verification process. Please note that we are currently experiencing higher than usual client volumes, and as such, the verification process will take a number of weeks to complete. We greatly appreciate your patience during this time.
  • JamesTkirkJamesTkirk Posts: 19 Tin ✭
    I tried the selfie-id on a unverified holding account. I had to do the process twice for my wife and myself for some reason as it didn't take the first time. There was no mention of submitting the proof of address so I manually submitted the proof via website message. I'm excited to see this development at goldmoney.
  • Zach3000Zach3000 Posts: 10 Tin ✭
    @powslayer Huh... still sounds better then before but not as good as I hoped. I thought this was supposed to make their verification process near instant. Maybe they will keep working on it. Thanks for the update.
    Still says pending after I did the Selfie-ID verification. I'm guessing there is a 3rd party that does the verification and there is a backlog. The clock started today. I'll report back to see how long it takes.
    I'm still waiting. Anyone else been approved yet with the new system?
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    I have also been waiting for 5 days now. Not that I ever expected anything else though...

I also did not get any proof of residence upload dialogue. But as Goldmoney writes in their email, I expect that it will take a few weeks - will also report back how long it eventually took.
    2 weeks still nothing. Not even a peep....
    well the email they sent did say it would take a number of weeks. Im not sure how that radically changes the onboarding process?
    You got an email after submitting your Jumio Selfie?
    NIce.... I didn't get a confirmation email.

The website says 'Holding setup complete, verification under review' for me.

Its been that way for 2 weeks.

I have been with Bitgold since they started. This will be the 3rd verification I have done since I started with them. Its becoming very tedious. I'm converting to a holding from personal account because they changed the goalposts on me and told me when my goldmoney credit card expires I cant renew it with a personal account anymore. I actually only have a couple of thousand dollars with them right now only because I'm concerned sometimes with the shenanigans I have gone through with the verification processes. I was thinking it would be great to become a stock holder of XAU and add it to my portfolio but honestly there are some issues here.
    @JamesTkirk I emtied out my personal account after the holding account became mandatory for new users. If I get through the verification process I might start using it again. I want to trust this company but I have been burned to many times. That day they took my referal money from my account without warrning really left me unsure of the safety of my money. Also so many timelines given with no delivery. A Canadian card was in the works but now silence.
  • UC_MrPOWRs_iLuv_GOLDUC_MrPOWRs_iLuv_GOLD Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    Maybe I should ask if restarting with Jumio will help. I've been waiting on verification for two months now.
  • MaxLambMaxLamb Posts: 41 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! The reason for implementing Jumio is that Equifax was only available to Clients in the US, Canada and the UK. It is more efficient as it doesn't require having to go to a third party, like with equifax, that in the past caused a lot of confusion for a client's as to why they couldn't be verified (even if they had all their information up to date).

As I stated in my most recent comment on this thread: http://community.goldmoney.com/discussion/4789/verification-process-length#latest, we are still working on reducing the backlog that we have been fighting for some time. However the implementation of this system will create more time and resources for a Verification Team to use to review our client's holdings.

We do know, and understand, as to why some of our client's have grown tired of our Verification Process, however I can assure you that once we have been able to beat this backlog we can focus more on our client's individual needs, to provide the service we strive to achieve.

- Max
    March 29th and still waiting..... 24 days and not a peep.
  • TheRaveneerTheRaveneer Posts: 101 Bronze ✭✭✭
    lol. Never upgrading to Holding at this rate. Personal is just fine. Plus, I doubt I'd ever want to upgrade to an account that doesn't value saving my money. They just want to churn my savings through cannibalizing it through storage fees. Small accounts should be exempt from storage fees, certainly the bunch of us who had been promised it in the past... but it makes good business sense not to eat your customer's savings when you make your money through transactions in and out.
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    I got fully verified after about 30 days. I am NOT being sarcastic when I say that this is much better then I would have guessed - thanks!
    edited April 8
    I'm 30 days and still waiting. I'm hoping sometime this week I guess. Besides being able to purchase silver and the ability to renew my bitgold credit card I'm not seeing any other benefit to switching to a holding. The fees are not to bad. I wish we had the ability to purchase specific types of bullion fully allocated
    42 days................. still waiting
  • Runyan99Runyan99 Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    What in the world is going on?
  • bennettbennett Posts: 6 Tin ✭
    I received my holding number Jan 25th. Been pending ever since. So only 80 days so far.
    Ya I'm still waiting too. I have given up at this point checking to see if its verified. Lots of talk from Goldmoney but little action. Keeping my personal account for now and looking for alternatives.