How can I open an additional account?

I want to begin a gold account for my granddaughter. How may I do this which is separate than my own, though I will do the transacting?

Answers

• SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Posts: 267 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm also waiting for custodial accounts for minors. A page titled Goldmoney Kids has been on the site for many months now, but when you click the "apply for your holding" button at the bottom it just takes you to the normal signup page. So I think this is another promised feature that has not been implemented yet.
  • MaxLambMaxLamb Posts: 34 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TimPatt @SpontaneousOrder This is possible! The best thing to do is to create a new Holding in your name (as the legal guardian) and add your child/grandchild. We will need some form of proof of identity to do so, which can be a passport or birth certificate.

If you need any further assistance with this, feel free to send a message to your Relationship Manager within your Holding, or an email to the Goldmoney Team and we can assist you further.
    Hi @MaxLamb , you said
    "The best thing to do is to create a new Holding in your name (as the legal guardian) and add your child/grandchild. "
    Funds for the child would then be co-mingled with those of the parent/custodian. This is not the right way to handle it. It needs to be a totally separate holding that can be managed by a custodian and turned over to the child when they reach adulthood.
    But maybe I'm misreading what you said - do you mean open an additional holding to the one I already have?